Fw: IUFO: Let's Hear It From Chup. Part 2.

  • Nicky Molloy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 1999
      -----Original Message-----
      From: John F. Winston <johnfwin@...>
      Subject: IUFO: Let's Hear It From Chup. Part 2.

      -> IUFO Mailing List

      Subject: Let's Hear It From Chup. Part 2. June 17, 1999.

      .Subject: Let's Here It From Chup. Correction. June 18, 1999.

      Here is a correction in the web site that was originally stated
      as the source for the material about Chup.

      From: D
      Subject: question
      Dear John,
      Sorry about that. The correct URL is
      http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/1259/chupacabra.html
      That is for the first set of info. The 3 subsequent emails were
      materials obtained from the website http://luna.cas.usf.edu/~bglisson
      I hope this helps.

      John Winston. johnfwin@...

      From: D

      Sightings and Encounters

      Madeline Tolentino hails from the Campo Rico community in Puerto Rico,
      and has a tale to tell about her encounter with a chupacabra. It seems
      Madeline, along with a few neighbors, spotted one of these strange
      creatures walking down a street in broad daylight! Madeline claims she
      approached the beast, but it turned and ran away "at a fantastic speed",
      escaping into the distance. (2)
      Sightings aren't limited to household mothers, as Michael Negron can
      attest. Negron, a 25 year-old college student, claims to have seen a
      chupacabra kill his family goat while he watched in horror from the
      second story balcony. "I saw it step out of a bright light in the
      backyard," he said (3)
      Sightings like Tolentino's and Negron's are rare. Most often, the
      sound of crying animals awakens nearby residents, who rush out in time
      to see one of the vicious predators finishing off its latest victim.
      And these sightings are no longer limited the island of Puerto Rico.
      The creature has also been seen in Miami, California, Mexico (where it
      has taken the country literally by storm), and a lone sighting in
      Tuscon, AZ.
      One attack in Miami centered around two households in the Sweetwater
      district. There, 69 goats, chickens, and geese were slaughtered in a
      single night. The official explanation was that some stray dogs had
      entered the backyard, but one older woman claims to have faced the
      chupacabra, and spoke of her exploits on local TV.(3)
      Billy Nubian, a resident of Tuscon, kept two goats, Mattie and
      Delilah, penned up outside his trailer. About 2 a.m. one evening,
      Nubian awoke to the cries of his two goats, and ran outside. There,
      he found a large "ratlike creature" attacking Mattie. Upon seeing
      Nubian, the chupacabra "let out this unhuman shriek" and went running.
      (4)
      Violeta Colorado awoke to the sound of barking dogs in the wee hours
      of one May morning. Colorado claims the sounds came from the trash pile
      behind her family's concrete home, located in the farming community of
      Zapotal, Mexico.
      Among the growls and shuffling, she claims to have heard a
      nerve-rattling hiss, a noise unlike any she had heard before. It took an
      hour for the noise to die down, and in the morning, Colorado awoke to
      find nine dead sheep in her pasture. All nine were also drained of blood.
      (5)

      The Official Line

      Local governments, like farming districts and municipalities in Puerto
      Rico and Mexico, take events like these very seriously. For example,
      Jose Soto, the mayor of Canovanas, Puerto Rico, led local police and
      civil defense forces in search of the creature that slaughtered their
      livestock. Soto was armed with a 12-inch crucifix. Ismael Aguayo, a
      civil defense worker and chief investigator of local Chupacabra
      sightings, had this to say about concern there: We are all very worried
      here. Our animals are dying at an alarming rate. Many people have
      described the creature to me, and they all say the same things,
      including our local pastor and many other credible, Chr--tian citizens.
      For now it's just the animals being attacked. But we are worried that
      our children may be next. (6)
      While local government may take a more tolerant stance on these
      claims, big government isn't quite so believing. Tito Roman, director
      of the Puerto Rican governor's office, speaks of a letter they received
      in their offices, with no return address, which asks for help concerning
      a chupacabra sighting: "When I first saw the letter, I said, OK, this
      might be some kind of psycho. But we got a good laugh out of it." (6)
      Official investigators are also skeptical, but their findings are
      mixed. In the Miami incident, for example, an official from the
      MetroDade zoo, attended the investigation. He claims to have evidence
      that the killer of the 69 farm animals was not a chupacabra; instead,
      he says a large dog did the dirty work. But these claims contradict
      the eyewitness who encountered the creature, and were not paid
      attention to by anyone outside the police. (3)
      Other attempts have been made to discredit the existence of the
      Chupacabras. Officials have blamed these attacks on not only dogs,
      but, unbelievably, baboons and apes! Other reports claim these attacks
      are the work of a satanic cult. Some believe this discrediting to be the
      work of a conspiracy designed to keep the chupacabra out the eye of
      the serious media. These conspiracists believe that the Chupacabra are
      the work of genetic scientists, a project gone wildly awry, but let
      loose upon unsuspecting peoples in order to see how it reacts. Other
      theories for the origin of the Chupacabra include UFO's (aliens brought
      the Chupacabra as "pets"), or even a natural mutation. (3)

      Part 2.

      John Winston. johnfwin@...

      -> Send "subscribe iufo " to majordomo@...
      -> Posted by: johnfwin@... (John F. Winston)