Fwd = Earth and Moon Viewer

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 1999
      Forwarded by: fwestra@...
      Originally from: Robert Fournier <megrob@...>
      Original Subject: NOVEMBER 01,1999: VOL.I, NO.IX
      Original Date: 1st Nov 99 9.22am

      http://www.topica.com/lists/RobswURLd - OR -
      mailto:RobswURLd-subscribe@...

      Earth and Moon Viewer:
      The Earth is surrounded by dozens of functioning satellites -
      now's your chance to see the earth as they do. A marvelous
      and entertaining interactive site that allows you to pick a
      real satellite and see a representation of the earth from it's
      exact location. You can even map data sets such as
      weather, infrared cloud cover, and temperature onto the
      globe below. If you know the location of a satellite that
      isn't mentioned, you can enter the coordinates manually.
      The pictures are visually stunning, with moon viewing
      also available.
      http://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/vplanet.html

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2003
        Earth and Moon Viewer [gif, jpeg]
        http://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/vplanet.html

        Developed by John Walker, the Earth and Moon Viewer supplies updated,
        interactive maps for the World. Visitors can observe the Earth's Cloud
        cover, topography, Water Vapor, land and sea temperatures, and more. These
        maps can simulate views of Earth from the Sun, Moon, and satellites in
        Earth's orbit. Visitors will also find maps presenting the day and night
        regions at the moment. Anyone looking for visual interpretations of the
        earth and its atmosphere should visit this fascinating Web site. [RME]

        Scout Project 1994-2003. http://scout.wisc.edu/