FWD: [lunascan] Arguments for TLP reality

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 1999
      Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 10:39:12 +0200
      From: Institute of Radio Astronomy <rai@...
      To: slk@...

      Dear Francis,

      Your e-mail on 27 Aug 1999 18:27:46 was received 24 September.
      I had not access to Internet since 26 August. Sorry.

      Your enthusiasm and activity are very valuable for lunar studies.
      Congratulation!

      You wrote: < My one question at this juncture that appears to signal
      something we all missed is, what in the world was the reason for the
      S&T article in the first place?

      There are common arguments for TLP existence: meteoroid impacts,
      landslides, electrostatic dust levitation, seismic activity.
      So, the constant Moon of Sheehan and Dobbins is an anachronism as
      the ideal, invariable heavens of Aristotle!

      Nevertheless, TLP problem is "persona non grata" for S&T. Why?
      The main reasons are similar to difficulties of UFO legalisation
      in science:

      (a) TLPs are very rare and sporadic;
      (b) often they contradict to paradigm;
      (c) TLPs are associated with ETs.

      Therefore, the discussion with S&T on TLPs could be an analogue of
      controversy with science establishment on UFOs. Additionally, the
      profanation of TLP problem in ufological press (e.g. UFO Magazine,
      USA, vol.14, No.7, 1999) and Internet could stimulate S&T reaction.

      Sorry for my delay again.

      Alexey Arkhipov