Re: [UFOnet] Ancient Astronauts

  • Michael Flora
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 24, 2013
      Well, I just heard that Buzz Aldrin turned 83. I guess that makes him an
      Ancient Astronaut.

      Regard,
      M.R.F.

      On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Peter Longworth <hornet@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > So does anyone want to discuss Ancirnt Astronaut theory. It's more
      > interesting than aliens in tin cans sailing above the earth. We've been
      > hearing about this since 1947
      >
      > Peter
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone

    • ROGER ANDERTON
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2013
              I got the physics stuff

        Pythagoras the only Greek philosopher initiated into the mysteries of Egyptian religion; created a semi-secret cult that ended up being persecuted and supprressed. Then came the neo-Pythagoreans -- they were not directly initiated into the Pythagorean cult but had to go by the wrtings that were left by the Pythagoreans. So the secret ancient wisdom coming down then just misunderstood by the later generations.

        Christianity rises and starts persecution of pagan knowledge

        burning of library of Alexandria etc

        Western Europe under Holy Roman Empire - pretty much in a period of the dark ages

        then with the fall of Byzantium - ancient greek texts get filtered back to the West - starts a rediscovery of fragments of ancient knowledge

        Copernicus going by Pythagorean Aristarus of Samos proposes earth moves around sun

        causes religious conflict with Church because associated pagan religion with that ancient knowledge is Sun worship

        Galileo told to shut up

        Giordano put on bonfire for daring to say Catholic Church made a mistake in understanding its religion

        Ban on Copernican revoultion in Catholic controlled countries

        While in England - King by royal command creates Royal Society - where scientists allowed freedom to discuss heretical ideas without threat of going on the bonfire, reason - wanted England to have military advantage from science

        This forces Catholic Europe to do catch up and accept Newtonian physics or lose too many military advantages to England

        Boscovich presented unified theory based on Pythagorean physics as extension to Newton

        Book "Morning of Magicians" says Boscovich is a time traveller.

        Poincare working from Boscovich presents concept "principle of relativity"

        Einstein may have been working from Poincare - but controversy- certain French scientists claim Einstein stole relativity from Poincare

        the France versus Germany controversy over priority in science

        anyway, Einstein didn't understand the theory and struggled on

        Popper records Boscovich theory as unified field theory, but based on old philosophy, and physicists now want unified theory based on philosophy related to Copenhagen interpretation.