Senators: Confirm Chuck Hagel for Secretary of Defense PETITION

  • nathaniel x vance
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2013
      Today we have a new opportunity to help put domestic job creation at the top of our national agenda. On Monday, President Obama nominated former Senator Chuck Hagel to be our next Secretary of Defense. If confirmed, Hagel will lead President Obama's efforts to cut the Pentagon budget and end the war in Afghanistan. This will save hundreds of billions of dollars over the next ten years (in addition to saving many lives.) That's money we can use at home to stop cuts to Social Security and Medicare benefits and for investments in our domestic economy.

      But right-wing pro-war groups are trying to block Chuck Hagel's nomination in the Senate. We can't allow that to happen. That would be a terrible defeat for President Obama's second-term agenda. We need Chuck Hagel, a decorated Vietnam vetaran, to lead the President's effort to end the war and cut the Pentagon budget.

      Please sign and share our petition to the Senate here:

      Senators: Confirm Chuck Hagel for Secretary of Defense

      http://signon.org/sign/senators-confirm-chuck-1?mailing_id=8074&source=s.icn.em.cr&%3Br_by=1135580&r_by=952674%c2%a0

      Thank you for your help in putting domestic needs at the top of our national agenda!