Re: [UFOnet] Discussion Groups?

  • Peter Longworth
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2012
      I'd be interested also, so if you could let me know also, that would be great

      Peter

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 14/05/2012, at 8:44 PM, skywatch <skywatch@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know of any good discussion groups about ufo and related phonemena?
      >
      > I am looking for one where people discuss and investigate cases.
      >
      > Skywatch

      > Messages to the list-owner: ufonet-owner@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > Caution, many reports of unidentified phenomena posted to this list require
      > further investigation.Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Cliff Gieseke
      Message 2 of 7 , May 14, 2012
        Your best bet is probably MUFON. Go to their web site at:
        www.mufon.com There may be a MUFON affiliated group in your area, as
        there is in San Antonio where I live. You can also train to be a MUFON
        field investigator, as I was doing years ago. I also volunteered to
        transcribe tapes from investigators (interviews with abductees and
        hypnotic regressions of supposed abductees -- some were quite
        interesting; we had to promise not to discuss them publicly.) If you
        are a licensed, active amateur radio operator, as I am, there is a
        MUFON net on 75 meters. They used to have one on 40 meters, that I
        sometimes used to participate in from San Antonio, and I sometimes spoke
        to Ron Johnson, MUFON's chief investigator at the time. I spoke to Ron
        just shortly before his mysterious death. (You can google to find more
        information on his death in Austin, TX. See:
        http://www.rense.com/general62/lest.htm: ) Ron had encouraged me to set
        up a magnetic anomaly detector at a farm near Von Ormy, TX, where a farm
        family had had a frightening encounter with a UFO. As a MUFON
        investigator trainee I participated in that investigation.

        So, check with MUFON. If you think you are an abductee, there are
        abductee support groups that quietly meet all over the country.

        -- Cliff Gieseke (Amateur radio call sign: W4ZFL)

        On 5/14/2012 5:44 AM, skywatch wrote:

        > Does anyone know of any good discussion groups about ufo and related
        > phonemena?
        >
        > I am looking for one where people discuss and investigate cases.
        >
        > Skywatch

      • Peter Longworth
        Message 3 of 7 , May 16, 2012
          Exopolitics.org seems interesting, also

          Peter

          Sent from my iPhone

          On 15/05/2012, at 1:38 AM, Cliff Gieseke <cliffgie@...> wrote:

          > Your best bet is probably MUFON. Go to their web site at:
          > www.mufon.com There may be a MUFON affiliated group in your area, as
          > there is in San Antonio where I live. You can also train to be a MUFON
          > field investigator, as I was doing years ago. I also volunteered to
          > transcribe tapes from investigators (interviews with abductees and
          > hypnotic regressions of supposed abductees -- some were quite
          > interesting; we had to promise not to discuss them publicly.) If you
          > are a licensed, active amateur radio operator, as I am, there is a
          > MUFON net on 75 meters. They used to have one on 40 meters, that I
          > sometimes used to participate in from San Antonio, and I sometimes spoke
          > to Ron Johnson, MUFON's chief investigator at the time. I spoke to Ron
          > just shortly before his mysterious death. (You can google to find more
          > information on his death in Austin, TX. See:
          > http://www.rense.com/general62/lest.htm: ) Ron had encouraged me to set
          > up a magnetic anomaly detector at a farm near Von Ormy, TX, where a farm
          > family had had a frightening encounter with a UFO. As a MUFON
          > investigator trainee I participated in that investigation.
          >
          > So, check with MUFON. If you think you are an abductee, there are
          > abductee support groups that quietly meet all over the country.
          >
          > -- Cliff Gieseke (Amateur radio call sign: W4ZFL)
          >
          > On 5/14/2012 5:44 AM, skywatch wrote:
          >>
          >> Does anyone know of any good discussion groups about ufo and related
          >> phonemena?
          >>
          >> I am looking for one where people discuss and investigate cases.
          >>
          >> Skywatch

          > Messages to the list-owner: ufonet-owner@yahoogroups.com
          >
          > Caution, many reports of unidentified phenomena posted to this list require
          > further investigation.Yahoo! Groups Links

        • skywatch
          Message 4 of 7 , May 16, 2012
            Thanks for the suggestions so far.

            I will hope to have a look around this weekend
            and will let you know if I find anything of
            interest. I am not leaving just yet!

            Skywatch

            Message 5 of 7 , May 16, 2012
              I also like to listen to Kate Valentine's UFO Show. I use Tune-in Radio on my iPad to listen to the show. Some of Kate's guests are interesting.

              Peter

              Sent from my iPad