Fwd: [Paranormal_Research] Spanish Astronomers Claim Dwarf Sun Beyond Pluto 1/2

  • jonathonjoseph@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2012
      From: misty8@...
      To: AltWritersFiles@yahoogroups.com, paranormal_research@yahoogroups.com,
      Sent: 5/1/2012 7:40:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time
      Subj: [Paranormal_Research] Spanish Astronomers Claim Dwarf Sun Beyond
      Pluto 1/2

      Spanish Astronomers Claim Dwarf Sun Beyond Pluto
      (mailto:?subject=An interesting article I want to share.&body=I thought
      you would be interested in this article on viewzone.com about a Planet-x
      discovered just beyond Pluto! Well, not so much a planet but a large dark star
      called a brown dwarf. It has planets encircling it. The link for the page is
      http://www.viewzone.com/browndwarf.html .) by Gary Vey for viewzone
      The idea of a new planet being discovered in our Solar System is pretty
      exciting. Even more so because of the many theories about "planet-x" or
      "Nibiru" being associated with space aliens and the doomsday prophecies of 2012.

      Scientists at places like NASA and famous observatories have deflected
      inquiries about the discovery for a few years now, mainly because they feared
      being associated with these "fringe" theories. But like it or not -- it has
      happened. Well... according to a team of Spanish artronomers who call
      themselves the StarViewer Team.
      The group made the rounds of all the news web sites in the past two weeks,
      claiming they discovered something very significant. It's almost twice the
      size of Jupiter and just beyond our furthest planetoid, Pluto. Although
      it's not a planet, it appears to have planets or large satellites encircling
      it. It's what astronomers call a "brown dwarf star" and its official name
      is "G1.9".
      What's a Brown Dwarf Star?
      First we'll explain WHAT these astronomers have discovered. Then we'll
      discuss HOW they discovered it.
      At the risk of being scientifically vague, I'll try to explain the current
      understanding of how stars and planets form in space.
      All matter attracts other matter. A larger mass will attract smaller
      masses towards it. In space this results in growing clouds of matter that tend
      to clump together and attract more matter. Since most of the matter in space
      is gaseous, these clouds eventually get so dense that they collapse into
      dense gaseous spheres. When they do this there is usually some "left over"
      matter that forms a ring around the sphere.
      If there is enough matter in a sphere of hydrogen, for example, it can
      cause so much compression at the shpere's core that the hydrogen atoms begin
      to fuse together and a fusion-reaction ignites a new born star. In this
      reaction two hydrogen atoms join together to form one helium atom and release
      extra energy as radiation.
      Scientists believe that the minimum mass needed to ignite a sun is about
      13 times the known mass of the planet Jupiter -- written as "13MJ." If the
      mass is lower than this, the pressure in the core is not enough to ignite
      and the sphere will be hot ball of gas called a "brown dwarf."
      As a new star spins, the disk surrounding it gradually cools and the
      matter forms heavier elements like metals and minerals. These "rocks" eventually
      clump together and form solid spheres called planets.
      Sometimes a solid sphere will attract some of the gas that is in the disk
      and this will result in a gaseous giant, like Jupiter and Saturn, which has
      a solid core but a thick gaseous atmosphere. These "gas giant" planets can
      be very massive but, because of their solid cores, they will never ignite
      and become stars.
      This Brown Dwarf
      This newly discovered "brown dwarf" is believed to have formed from the
      same condensed matter that gave birth to our Sun. It is believed that, after
      the large planets formed around the Sun, they pushed it to the edge of the
      Solar system where it formed a sphere about 1.9MJ -- well below the mass
      needed to ignite it as a "sun."
      The theory of a companion sun is not new. It has often been described as
      Nemesis, after the Greek figure in mythology.
      The mythological Nemesis was the spirit of divine retribution against
      those who succumb to hubris, vengeful fate personified as a remorseless
      goddess. The name Nemesis is related to the Greek word meaning "to give what is
      Nemesis is now often used as a term to describe one's worst enemy,
      normally someone or something that is the exact opposite of oneself but is also
      somehow similar. For example, Professor Moriarty is frequently described as
      the nemesis of Sherlock Holmes.
      "Opposite yet similar" is the perfect description for a companion to our
      Sun. But the name Nemesis also implies a sinister nature. Will this new
      Nemesis be beneficial or harmful to our lives?
      Many suns that we observe in the galaxy are part of binary systems or
      double stars. There is debate about how two suns form from a single condensed
      cloud of matter. Some believe that they both form at the same time; others
      believe they split following the creation of one huge sun.
      Sometimes both spheres are capable of fusion and both suns shine brightly,
      encircling each other around an imaginary point call the barycenter.
      Sometimes only one sun attains 13MJ and ignites, while its smaller companion,
      the brown dwarf, glows dimly and radiates heat. Astronomers usually can only
      see the brightest of the two, but because they both circle around a common
      barycenter, the wobble reveals the mass of the unseen companion.
      We are close to our Sun and within its gravitational influence. So as we
      are travel through space, it appears to us that the G1.9 is moving in an
      elipse between our furthest planetoid, Pluto, and the edge of our Solar
      system, near the Oort Cloud.

      The newly discovered brown dwarf is reported to be located just about 60
      to 66 AU (1 AU=the distance from the Sun to Earth) from us (its parigee),
      currently in the direction of the constellation Sagittarius. Because of
      periodic gravitational disturbances in areas of space further out, specifically
      in the Oort Cloud, the Spanish group of astronomers believe G1.9 travels in
      an elliptical orbit extending possibly hundreds of AU beyond the furthest
      known planets (its apogee). Its position just beyond Pluto suggests it is
      at its closest approach to the Sun and Earth.
      Space appears relatively free of debris [see image above] inside the
      planetary orbits. This is because the gravitational pull of each planet (a large
      mass) effectively collects the interplanetary debris (small mass). But
      there are exceptions.
      Belts of Debris
      Between Mars and Jupiter you will see a ring of debris called The Asteroid
      Belt. It is believed that a planet once orbited in this area before it was
      pulverized by some type of impact. Many theorists believe this was caused
      by a rogue planet that entered the Solar System -- again hinting at the
      existence of some unknown member of our planetary system.
      Beyond the furthest planetoid, Pluto, there is a large ring of debris
      called the Kuiper Belt. While the asteroid belt is composed primarily of rock
      and metal, the Kuiper belt objects are composed largely of frozen volatiles
      (termed "ices"), such as methane, ammonia and water.
      As we get to the edge of the Solar System we enter another debris zone,
      the Oort Cloud. The Oort is not a band of debris but rather a spherical shell
      that surrounds the Solar System and extends out to the edge of the Sun's
      gravitational field. This region is thought to contain frozen clumps of
      water, methane, ethane, carbon monoxide and hydrogen cyanide. It's also the
      birth place of comets. However, the discovery of the object 1996-PW, an
      asteroid in an orbit more typical of a long-period comet, suggests that the
      cloud may also be home to rocky objects.
      Debris "fly-paper"
      Jupiter and Saturn are extremely massive and have such strong gravity that
      they attract meteors and comets entering the planetary zone of our Solar
      System. They protect smaller planets like our Earth from impacts, acting
      like a fly-paper for meteors, comets and asteroids.
      In August of 2009, Jupiter captured a large asteroid that entered the
      planetary zone unexpectedly, despite the efforts of astronomers to track these
      dangerous objects. It is believed that this asteroid was perturbed by the
      trajectory of G1.9, which until now, was not recognized and accounted for.
      Note: The dark spot [ top right] in the northern hemisphere of Jupiter
      where the asteroid impact was.
      How it was discovered... the controversy
      You might well ask why astronomers have never detected this object before.
      In fact they did. G1.9 was first identified as a "supernova remnant" in
      1984 by Dave Green of the University of Cambridge and later studied in
      greater detail with NRAO's Very Large Array radio telescope in 1985. Because it
      was unusually small for a supernova it was thought to be young -- less than
      about 1000 years old.
      But in 2007, X-ray observations made with NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory
      revealed that the object was much larger than the last time it was
      observed! It had grown in size by 16%. Puzzled by this observation, the Very Large
      Array repeated its observations of 23 years ago and verified that it had
      increased in size considerably. Knowing that supernova do not expand this
      quickly, unless they have just exploded, they explained that G1.9 must be a
      "very young" supernova -- perhaps not more than 150 years old. But no record
      of a visible supernova has been found corresponding to that historical
      period (about the time of the American Civil War).
      Spanish astronomers have tracked this object with great interest because
      they were anticipating its appearance. Gravitational anomalies have been
      appearing in the Oort Cloud for some time, suggesting the perturbations were
      caused by a nearby object with considerable mass. The announcement that G1.9
      had increased in size was no mystery to them. It is exactly what they
      would expect as the object moved closer to Earth.

      The object, G1.9 [above right] is currently located in the direction of
      our Galaxy's center, Sagittarius, which glows bright in this infrared
      spectrum image. Because of the bright background G1.9 is not visible in normal
      light wavelengths.
      _CONTINUED_ (http://www.viewzone.com/browndwarf2.html)