Re:Sodom and Gomorrah

  • Sandy Nichols
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2011
      Lot was a pious and holy man, nephew of Abraham, loved God, obeyed God laws. One must not forget that Lot asked God several times to spare the city if he could find X number of good people. When Lot could not find this first X number of people, Lot asked for a smaller amount of people. This went back and forth between God and Lot until the number was...no good people could be found so God destroyed the city. There is evidence that a nuclear blast might have taken place.....sand turned to molten glass has been found in that area. Also an air burst explosion, which a nuclear blast is, would not leave an impact crater...tremendous wind and fire instead. Small tactical nuclear weapons could have been used....a small yield. During the Cuban missle crisis tactical nuclear weapons were going to be used but not to destroy the entire country, but only small sections where Cuban and Russian troops were located plus their weapon stockpiles.

      One of the comments on the board was that we needed to look at the bible at face vaule. So these two questions must then be asked....

      Why did Lot move to a wicked city in the first place? And if the city was not wicked when he first moved there but became wicked later on, then why did Lot not move when they became wicked?

      So at face value it makes absolutely no sense, biblical or otherwise, for a holy, pious man to stay in a wicked place unless he was there trying to convert/save the people. But there is nothing in the bible that says that Lot moved to the city to try and convert the citizens to God.

      I found this interesting and thought you would too: