WGFT ~ What Can We DO To Help The World?

  • worldgathering@googlemail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14 8:53 AM
      World Gathering For Truth ~ http://worldgathering.net

      Please send to friends and contacts. Thank you.

      http://worldgathering.net/2010/news238.html

      What Can We DO To Help The World?

      What can we do? The answer is very simple:

      Let's do what we can.

      There are many things we can do which cost us little or
      nothing: give a word of encouragement to someone; express
      ourselves more, now and then (and others who have gone
      silent may get the idea they too can express themselves);
      pass on information which feels important to you; etc.

      All these things make a difference. Remember the phrase:
      'You can make the difference'. It is true. Every little thing
      each of us does, which is good and positive, helps the world.
      We may be on the threshold of a far better world.
      Help the better world happen.

      Remember these ideas for living our lives:

      [1] "Do what you can, with what you have, with where you are."
      ~ Theodore Roosevelt

      [2] Lyrics from the song 'Land of Confusion', by Genesis.
      These words repeat Theodore Roosevelt's idea. 'These are the
      hands we're given': wherever we are, whatever we are doing,
      however 'down' and disappointed we feel, there are still many,
      many things we can do. Let's start where we are now, and
      'make the difference', and create a better world.

      This is the world we live in
      And these are the hands we're given
      Use them and let's start trying
      To make it a place worth living in
      ~ Genesis

      [3] "We must do what we conceive to be the right thing and
      not bother our heads or burden our souls with whether we
      will be successful. Because if we don't do the right thing,
      we will be doing the wrong thing and we will just be a part
      of the disease and not part of the cure."
      ~ E. F. Schumacher

      These words by Schumacher are great. They let us off the hook.
      If we do some things each day which tend to help people and
      help the world, we can feel okay about ourselves, because by
      doing those things we are taking part in the solution the world
      needs. We are not 'part of the problem'. We are living our lives
      as part of the answer; and we can rest easy when we go to sleep
      at night. The rest is up to God and up to other people. Spread
      the word: It's time to get involved... and make the difference.

      ~~~~~~~~~
      What Can We DO To Help The World?
      http://worldgathering.net/2010/news238.html
      ~~~~~~~~~
      The Greatest Battle There Ever Is To Fight
      http://worldgathering.net/2009b/news199.html
      ~~~~~~~~~

      WGFT News: http://worldgathering.net/news

      World Gathering For Truth ~ http://worldgathering.net