recent updates of Matti Pitkanen's TGD

  • stealthskaters
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2009
      The so-called "Theory of Everything" has been labeled by the Press as one which unites General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. But it leaves out a third critical element -- Consciousness.

      Not so Matti Pitkanen's Topological GeometroDynamics (TGD). Matti originally presented this upgrade of Wheeler(& others)'s GeometroDynamics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometrodynamics) as his Ph.D. thesis at the University of Helsinki, Finland. He is now in his 3rd decade of filling in the "blanks".

      TGD can be reduced to yield superstring (i.e., string/brane theory) in certain situations. But it is more robust than that as it extends to "Quantum Biology" and even attempts to explain such "taboo" events as remote-viewing/healing, ESP, telepathy, and what many perceive as "UFOs".

      Many times, Dr. Pitkanen has noted some things that in the past did not seem so significant. But these proved to take on great importance in recent years. (He is grateful for his memory being what it is!) So he recently revised all of his 15 on-line books on TGD.

      I have made the corresponding changes to his material that I archived as MS-Word (.doc) files at http://www.stealthskater.com/Pitkanen.htm . (As I do with all of my archives, I try to make small syntax/grammar changes to make the material as easy to read as possible.)

      Needless to say, the majority of his material will only be understood by a physicist having a very robust math background (including tensor calculus and the von Neumann, Lie, and Clifford algebras). Indeed, I have asked Matti if sometime he could translate all of this into small layman-oriented highlight "bullets". But I ask that of all physicists and that seems to pose a bigger challenge than getting their maths rights.

      In the interim, it might be easier to find the highlights in his Blog (which is also on the Pitkanen.htm page). Some of these are in selected entries which I've placed at http://www.stealthskater.com/Pitkanen.htm#Blog .

      TGD differentiates between Geometric-Time (i.e., General Relativity) and Experienced- and Subjective-Time. And his "time mirror mechanism" perhaps relates to what Tom Bearden refers to in his material. This post-Einsteinian geometry is very complex to anyone not well-grounded in topological mathematics.

      With regard to the "UFO" subject, his views are that these may be more along the lines of intelligent "plasmoids" (perhaps related to what Wilhelm Reich called "orgone") rather than physical nuts&bolts ET spaceships. He makes a very compelling argument here. And he further suggests that two of the more famous crop circles may be messages sent back to us from the Future (shades of Dan Burisch!). This "Secret of Life" is accessible at http://www.stealthskater.com/Pitkanen.htm#Plasmoids .

      Matti proposes that We (specifically) and Life (in general) is not accidental. And his math proves that it does not end with physical death. I personally found that very comforting in this age where there are a zillion philosophies but nothing that can be put in a laboratory and tested.

      (I saved a couple of emails between him and me in a recent addition to http://www.stealthskater.com/Blog.doc . But the important stuff is still at http://www.stealthskater.com/Pitkanen.htm .)