WA MUFON Director Speaks On Sept. 1 "Event"

  • tedwards@xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 1999
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Fwd: REPORTED MAJOR UFO EVENT OF SEPTEMBER 1, 1999
      Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 16:39:59 EDT
      From: GRolwes@...
      To: tedwards@...

      Tim,

      I need to look up your web sites. Here is the info I have. Davenport did
      not
      speak to me until this morning when he received the attached msg. I feel
      he
      was a bit unhappy with what I had. He immediately went after me about
      the
      late evening launch of a number of F-15's flying south from Portland
      ANG.

      I have a call into the Guard public affairs officer now. It's doubtful
      it was
      anything other than an exercise. You see the ANG rarely ever has a
      Victor
      Alert--air defence alert. And when they do it's rarely more than two
      birds.
      I'm a retired USAF lt colonel assigned a long time to the fighter
      commands up
      through 1993.

      Anyway, it just doesn't take that much to find the truth unfortunately
      Bell
      will most likely not air what I have. He has in the past suggested I go
      on
      his show. It's events like this which prevent me from doing so. I have
      aired
      on the Jeff Rense "Sightings on Radio" show and appeared twice on the
      "Sightings TV Show".

      Hope this helps,

      Jerry Rolwes
      Washington MUFON State Director
      509-327-4868
      grolwes@ aol.com

      Subject:
      REPORTED MAJOR UFO EVENT OF SEPTEMBER 1, 1999
      Date:
      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:57:31 EDT
      From:
      GRolwes@...
      To:
      eotl@..., artbell@...,
      %20director@..., perry.nouis@...,
      caus@..., ufolawyer@..., bookdc@...,
      MUFONHQ@..., schuessler@...

      Gentlemen,

      I was listening to the Art Bell Show last night and Peter Davenport's
      report
      on the series of calls he was taking from citizens re: the "Major
      Event,"
      occurring over the Western United States.

      I called Peter Davenport and reported to him that I had contacted the
      Fairchild AFB Command Post and was informed there were no reports from
      eastern Washington.

      In my pursuit of an explanation as to what happened last night, I did
      something very easy to do. I called the Air Force Public Affairs office
      for
      the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD), Peterson AFB, Colo. They
      control the management for the Cheyenne Mountain Command Post complex.
      They
      can be reached at (719)-554-3714. I spoke to a USAF Major Nouis.

      The bottom-line is this. It was a spectacular event, but anything but a
      major
      UFO event. Major Nouis reported that it was a Russian rocket body item;
      NORAD
      catalogue item number 25761. Specifically, it was a center motor part
      from a
      Russian SL 12 rocket launched 28 Feb 99. It reentered the earth's
      atmosphere
      at 10:11 PM Mt. Time/ 0411 Greenwich mean time. Speed upon reentry was
      approximately 17,000 MPH.

      I hope you will all report this on your various programs and web sites
      and
      let the citizens and listeners make up their own minds. I asked Major
      Nouis
      about the comment made by some callers that the USAF said this item was
      reenter in a few more days and "What would the USAF come up with for an
      explanation this time?" Major Nouis stated that these items are
      reentering
      the atmosphere worldwide on a very frequent basis and some more of the
      junk
      may be arriving in a few days. I'm certain if he went further, and I did
      not
      ask him to, he could get a projected reentry list of all junk ahead of
      time.
      It is not classified.

      Gentlemen, it just doesn't take that much to check these things out. Mr.
      Bell, I would assume that with a little research you could get a 24 hour
      duty
      officer phone number from NORAD and call them while your on the air.
      That
      would lend itself to some quite incredible real time broadcast
      journalism.
      And I feel most listeners would really appreciate that aspect.
      Before, we in this UFO research business start declaring something a
      "major
      UFO event," we may all wish to check out the facts.

      I even went to the trouble of trying to call the Nevada and Utah Highway
      Patrol offices, but was too early. Major Nouis said "It was possible
      that a
      piece of the motor could have crashed along the Nevada/Utah border."
      Which
      was reported by one of your callers. As to the power outages--has anyone
      called the local power companies to see what they have to say as to why
      the
      outages occurred?

      Accuracy in UFO research is not that difficult to come by with a few
      phone
      calls. I hope this info will be of value.

      Jerry Rolwes
      MUFON State Director
      Washington State
      509-327-4868
      grolwes@...
    • Rudi
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 1999
        Please tell me how to unscubscribe to these email
        Thanks
        Rudi