CNI vol 5 no 13 prt 3

  • Jeroen Kumeling
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 1999
      ==+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++==
      CNI News -- Vol. 5, No. 13, Part 3 -- September 1, 1999
      Global News on Contact with Non-human Intelligence
      ==+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++==

      This is part 3 of the 3-part CNI News. If you did not receive all parts,
      please send email to: CNINews1@....

      ==+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++==
      OF SPECIAL INTEREST
      ==+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++==

      WILLIAM BUHLMAN: INSIGHT INTO OBE's AND ABDUCTION

      By Deborah Lindemann C.H.T.

      In the last forty years of abduction investigation, researchers and
      therapists have recorded an extensive amount of data, alleged facts and
      sample experiences, and listened to countless encounter narratives, each
      echoing a sobering consistency in content. We have learned a lot, and yet
      there is the overwhelming realization that there is even more that we do not
      know. So, where do we go from here? What is the next step?

      To comprehend something so strange as abduction, we must develop a new way
      of
      "knowing" -- and to do so, perhaps we must learn to navigate within the
      "altered states" so commonly reported during contact.

      I recently had the opportunity to interview William Buhlman, a leading
      authority on so-called "out-of-body experiences" (OBE's) and author of
      "Adventures Beyond The Body". We discussed OBE's and their potential link to
      understanding the abduction experience.

      Deborah Lindemann (DL): How did you first become interested in out-of-body
      experiences?

      William Buhlman (WB): Back in 1972, a college friend of mine had a
      spontaneous out-of-body experience. He found himself floating above his body
      and it scared him. The next day, he came to me and explained his experience.
      I had never heard of this phenomenon at that point. I had no experience
      whatsoever in anything related to this, and neither did he. He had a big
      impact on me and I became intrigued. I thought, if this is possible, I have
      to explore this.

      DL: Do you have an official "William Buhlman definition" of what an OBE is?

      WB: How I simply describe it is a separation of consciousness from the
      physical. This is different than a "Near Death Experience" (NDE). Many
      people
      equate the two. A NDE is different because it involves a temporary death of
      the physical body. Out-of-body experiences are part of that phenomenon, but
      an OBE is a separation of consciousness without that trauma.

      DL: You stated in a recent lecture that the average age of first OBE is
      between five and twelve years of age. Is it possible that it happens even
      before that -- that because most children under five can't adequately convey
      their experience, we have no way of knowing they have OBE's?

      WB: I think you're absolutely correct. I think that younger children do have
      these experiences. The problem is, they're not of age to communicate what is
      happening to them. Based on over 20,000 letters I've received, it appears
      that the younger the child, the higher the incidents. Even though there's no
      proof of this, I would suspect that even infants have these experiences
      quite
      often. Even the concept of the "boogie man" may stem somehow from this.
      Children will complain that they don't want to sleep in their own bed, they
      want to sleep with mom and dad because they're afraid of movement, or energy
      changes that are occurring in them internally.

      DL: In your lecture you stated that all the symptoms of OBE's match
      abduction
      experiences. As a therapist who works with abduction "experiencers", I have
      to agree. However, I don't think that you are suggesting that OBE's account
      for all abduction or encounter experiences that people report, are you?

      WB: No, absolutely not. I feel that a percentage, which is currently
      unknown,
      of people that are having abduction experiences are actually having OBE's,
      and they're interpreting them as possibly an abduction. This is because they
      don't have any other explanation of the phenomena. We live in a culture that
      is immersed in alien phenomena. It's become part of the group consciousness.
      And no other explanation has been offered. Now, I'm extremely open-minded. I
      do know and feel that abductions exist. I do believe they are a phenomenon
      that is quite dramatic and traumatic to people. I just feel that there are
      other things occurring.

      DL: To realize that a large percentage of unusual encounters may be OBE's
      should be quite comforting to those who feel they're involved in the
      abduction experience. However, it remains difficult to sort out the OBE's
      from actual encounters.

      [SIDEBAR: Following is a list from a recent survey of commonly reported OBE
      symptoms, along with the percentage of experiencers reporting each symptom.
      Original list at William Buhlman's website, http://www.out-of-body.com]

      1) Experienced a jolt or jerk awake -- 98%
      2) Experienced sounds such as buzzing, humming or roaring -- 85%
      3) Experienced vibrations or high energy sensations -- 56%
      4) Experienced floating, sinking or spinning sensations -- 82%
      5) Experienced sleep paralysis -- 72%
      6) Flying in a dream -- 81%
      7) Being touched or lifted -- 33%
      8) Panic attack, overwhelming surge of fear created by strange vibrations or
      sounds -- 46%
      9) Hearing voices or footsteps -- 37%
      10) Seeing through closed eyelids -- 49%
      11) Lucid dreaming -- 79%
      12) Seeing or feeling the presence of an unknown nonphysical being -- 22%
      13) Seeing, hearing or speaking to a deceased loved one -- 24%

      WB: I have personally had many out-of-body experiences, and I know of many
      people who have, who literally felt that they were lifted out of their body
      and then taken through the wall, and then are suddenly in a new environment
      and are surrounded by beings. This is not that unusual a scenario when it
      comes to an OBE.

      DL: But then, of course, we have examples of individuals who report OBE type
      abductions. Ray Fowler, a veteran UFO researcher, wrote extensively about
      the
      ongoing case of Betty Andreasson Luca. She recalled under hypnosis her OBE
      abductions and seeing herself come back into her physical body below. One of
      my reasons for suggesting to "experiencers" that they learn the OBE
      techniques you teach is that, by becoming accustomed to traveling
      out-of-body, they are in a sense closely duplicating a state of
      consciousness
      that is very similar to altered states during abduction. From what I've read
      about OBE's, and even from a few of my own experiences, I know we're not
      very
      skilled at operating out-of-body, and for some it can be quite frightening
      when they don't know what is happening. By the same token, we not very
      skilled at operating or communicating within an encounter experience. So, my
      thought is that by learning to control the content or experience of our
      OBE's, we may bring new skills to the table that may place us in a more
      powerful position to understand or to communicate within these encounters.
      Any thoughts on that?

      WB: Oh, I agree completely. What I'm attempting to do is shed light on this
      from a different perspective. There's a lot happening, and no one has a pat
      answer when it comes to alien abduction or OBE's or any connection thereof.
      just know from receiving almost 20,000 letters that there is a strong
      connection.

      DL: I feel it's a very important link, and that's why I wanted to do this
      interview with you. If we really want to understand this abduction topic
      better, we have to be willing to go beyond the physical "nuts and bolts"
      level. We must look at the different altered states which appear to be
      components of the abduction experience, and realize that we are more than
      just physical beings.

      WB: It's critically important. What's striking to me is that alien abduction
      is not my topic at all. I was not looking for this information or trying to
      put parallels together. It just occurred spontaneously. As you know, I have
      survey on my website, strictly for OBE's. But what happened over the course
      of the last two years especially, is that I've received over 400 letters
      from
      abductees. What struck me after reading all these letters was that if you
      took the word "abduction" out of the letter and you put it side by side with
      an OBE letter, the two would read almost identically every time. There was
      just too much going on here to ignore it.

      DL: Have you ever done any research which shows two people deliberately
      meeting in an out-of-body experience? For example, in the abduction field,
      "experiencers" often report what they call "shared dreams" in which they
      each
      see each other in their dream, and each reports the identical experience of
      doing so, without prior feedback from the other.

      WB: Oh yes. It's not that uncommon. As a matter of fact, what I suggest is
      that people do team up with a partner to begin with. I feel it's important
      have that support system. Richard Bach, author of "Illusions", reports an
      experience of meeting his wife Leslie when they were both out-of-body. They
      both reported floating up through the roof of their house together. They
      actually communicated while out of body and brought back their experience
      and
      confirmed it with each other.

      DL: Can you talk a bit about time travel -- being able to do so through an
      out-of-body state?

      WB: That's one of the remarkable things about OBE's. It's another reason why
      people get excited about this work, because they discover very quickly that
      time is essentially an illusion. What they discover is, once they leave
      their
      body, the time-line is available to explore. I talk about this in my book,
      about my own experience. It's not just a visual experience. In my own
      experience it was a total conscious experience. I literally re-experienced
      myself becoming a German officer from a past life. I was a tank commander in
      WWII. It wasn't like a regression experience. It was much more proactive. I
      could feel myself there. Many people re-experience the same kind of thing.
      They find themselves in other time-lines. What gets exciting is, once people
      get a little OBE experience under their belt, they discover they can
      pinpoint
      a [particular] time-line, such as the Roman Empire, and experience it.

      DL: So this doesn't always have to do with going back to your own past life,
      but that you can travel back to any point in time?

      WB: Yes.

      DL: And are we talking about the future as well?

      WB: Yes, the future too.

      DL: Can you share your feelings on the difference between learning OBE
      techniques and using Remote Viewing?

      WB: They are connected. Let me give you an analogy. I also do have Remote
      Viewing (RV) experiences, but I have found that RV doesn't offer the
      first-person interaction that I get in an OBE. In RV, it's like watching an
      event on a black and white TV, and you're just the viewer of the event.
      Whereas during an OBE you feel like you're in the event, you're
      participating. It's that dramatic for me.

      DL: You commented in a recent talk that "a truly advanced species wouldn't
      need a physical UFO [or craft], that as astral beings we can be on many
      dimensions all at once, at will." Now, there's no question in my mind, or
      the
      minds of other researchers, that there are intelligent beings visiting us in
      what appears to be physical vehicles. I think what you are indicating is
      that
      in addition to these physical sightings, there are "beings" who are making
      contact who are quite advanced, who may travel in an astral or non-physical
      form, very much like we can do through OBE's.

      WB: I strongly feel that travel is done inter-dimensionally. I think a truly
      advanced species would not need to be traveling about in a metal can. There
      is no need for that. As we evolve, we are awakening and evolving to our
      potential as a non-physical state of consciousness. It will move us inward
      our inter-dimensional self and capability. We will awaken to the fact that
      we
      can travel without the need for any type of metal or physical-type vehicle.
      think it's more of a thought directed process than it ever is a material
      one.
      As we evolve, we evolve beyond matter. So it only makes sense to me that a
      truly evolved species would have no need for the material ships. Now, I'm
      not
      saying that these things don't exist, but I do believe that much of the
      contact is more inter-dimensional than physical.

      DL: This may explain some of the types of "beings" people see in their dream
      states. But there are also fully conscious reports of "beings of light",
      "glowing orbs" and "energy beings".

      WB: Absolutely. Often when I have contact with another "being", it is a
      non-form based type of connection. This is difficult to explain, but
      consciousness doesn't need a vehicle itself. I write about this to an extent
      in my book. Many of my [OBE] contacts are essentially "alien", even though I
      don't like that word. These beings have no form. It was like communicating
      by
      thought with a globe of energy. Yet, I could sense the intelligence. I felt
      like I knew that being and was in complete communication with them. There
      was
      no need for words. That is what I feel many of the more developed species or
      beings are like. Many of these beings can also assume the form they need to
      accomplish the mission they're on.

      DL: And of course this "shape-shifting" capability is commonly reported by
      "experiencers".

      WB: Yes. As a humanoid, I feel that we are so obsessed with form and we
      spend
      way too much time analyzing the physical attributes of a contact. What's
      really important is the state of consciousness of that contact.

      DL: We're almost to the end of our time together. Would you like to share
      any
      last minute thoughts?

      WB: I'd like to emphasize that learning to go out-of body is a very powerful
      method to connect with your higher self, to gather information, to obtain
      answers. We eventually must awaken to the fact that it's not out there, it's
      not in books, it's within us. Out-of-body exploration is a proven technique
      and a valid way to accomplish this. It takes some effort, but it is
      certainly
      worth the time and investment.

      NOTE: The original full length version of this interview will soon be posted
      at: http://www.cninews.com/CNI_Deborah.html. Also visit William Buhlman's
      website at http://www.out-of-body.com.

      Upcoming Out-Of-Body Workshops with William Buhlman:

      COLORADO OUT-OF-BODY EXPLORATION WORKSHOP
      September 4 -5, 1999: Sat. 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM, Sun. 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM --
      Northglenn Holiday Inn, north of metro Denver. Reservations and information:
      Call (800) 908-9922 before 6:00 PM Mtn time.

      SANTA BARBARA, CA. Sept. 24-26, 1999 at the Miramar Hotel. Jeff Rense Best
      of
      the Best Conference. William Buhlman will offer a 3-hour workshop on Sunday,
      Sept. 26, 2-5pm. Price $40. Call (800) 908-9922 before 6:00 PM Mtn time.

      MARYLAND OUT-OF-BODY EXPLORATION WORKSHOP
      October 15-17, 1999: Fri. 7 PM - 11 PM, Sat. 9:30 AM - 11:00 PM, Sun. 9:30
      AM
      - 2:00 PM -- Camp Ramblewood, Darlington, MD, 40 minutes north of Baltimore.
      For reservations and information, call (800) 908-9922 before 6:00 PM Mtn
      time.

      NEW YORK OUT-OF-BODY EXPLORATION WORKSHOP
      October 23-24, 1999: Sat. 10:00 AM - 10:30 PM, Sun. 10 AM - 4:00 PM, at
      Arrowhead Lodge, Oneida Shores, New York. For reservations and information,
      call Harry at (888) 440-3595.

      ==+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++==

      RESEARCHERS TEST CROP CIRCLES FOR AUTHENTICITY

      Two separate teams of U.S.-based researchers labored in the crop fields of
      England this summer, attempting to determine whether crop circle formations
      appearing in those fields were the result of human hoaxers or some other,
      less prosaic force.

      Using different methods, the two teams made similar findings, according to
      preliminary reports received by CNI News. Both teams agree that many crop
      formations are hoaxed by humans. But they also agree that some formations
      show strong signs of some non-human force at work.

      Nancy Talbott of BLT Research told CNI News in a telephone interview that
      "expulsion cavities" in the nodes of crop stems represent the best evidence
      of an anomalous, high energy force operating in the formations. She
      conducted
      research not only in England but also in Holland, where three fairly simple
      formations showed "expulsion cavities down to the 4th node. I've never seen
      this before," she said. Usually, expulsion cavities occur in the first and
      second nodes, and sometimes the third -- rarely the fourth.

      Such cavities occur, Talbott said, because some kind of high energy,
      possibly
      microwave, causes moisture in the stem nodes to suddenly flash to steam. "In
      young stems, the nodes are soft enough to expand under pressure. But in more
      mature stems, the nodes are brittle, and the steam bursts a hole right
      through," she said. Talbott believes there is no way that the action of
      human
      hoaxers would produce large numbers of expulsion cavities.

      In England, she said, she also found some formations where expulsion
      cavities
      indicated the likely action of unusual energy.

      "The one I'm most certain of was at Stanton St. Bernard, near Alton Barnes,"
      Talbott said. This pictogram, composed of several circles and rings along a
      long axis, can be seen at
      http://cropcircleconnector.com/1999/StantonStBernard/Stantonstbernard99a.htm
      l.
      It was found on June 23 and is reminiscent of formations seen more often in
      the early 1990s. Only a few such pictograms have appeared in England this
      year. "I saw massive numbers of expulsion cavities" in this formation,
      Talbott said.

      Meanwhile, a second team of researchers tested English crop formations for
      residual electrical energy that might indicate an anomalous agency at work.
      CNI News received the following report from team member Ron Russell
      (ronr@...; www.cropcircles.org).

      Report on Preliminary Results of Electrostatic Energy Testing in Crop
      Formations; Wiltshire, England, July-August 1999

      Premise: There seems to be a residual energy in authentic, non-human made
      formations that has been detectable by dowsers and sensitives for years.
      Methods have been sought by numerous researchers over the years to measure
      this energy and establish some sort of litmus test for the authenticity of
      the formation.

      History: At the Crop Circle Symposium in Denver in April 1996, John Burke of
      BLT Research discussed using a sensitive electrostatic detector in
      formations
      in a few instances with encouraging results. Dr. Simeon Hein of Boulder,
      Colorado purchased the suggested lab-grade instrument, a TREK-520, which
      measures ionic fluctuations in the air. He tested it around the Boulder area
      to determine the appropriate protocol for use.

      Field Use: Dr. Hein gave the instrument to Ron Russell in June 1999 to take
      to England to use in early crop formations in the Wiltshire area. Ron took
      it
      into the Overton Unfolded Octahedron where the device promptly failed to
      work. [NOTE: see http://cropcircleconnector.com/1999/ for photos of
      referenced formations.] Subsequently, Ron replaced the battery and took the
      device into the Hackpen Hill Vortex formation whereupon it failed again
      (rapid battery drain). When Dr. Hein arrived in England in mid-July, Ron
      returned the instrument to him with the report that it did not work, as the
      batteries drained when taken into formations.

      Dr. Hein began daily, intensive use of the device. Batteries do indeed drain
      rapidly in certain energetic formations along with the batteries of cell
      phones, GPS devices, magnetometers, video cameras and tape recorders. [NOTE:
      Nancy Talbott told CNI News that she has also observed this phenomenon.] In
      the Devil's Den formation, Fyfield, Wiltshire, all of the above happened on
      the first and second day of the formation's existence. Subsequent visits to
      the formation showed that while the energies were still strong, they tapered
      off and the batteries did not drain. Specific areas of the formation,
      particularly the smallest circles radiating from the center, had very strong
      readings compared to the rest of the circle.

      Conclusions:

      -- The field of energy that is residual in a formation can be measured with
      sensitive electrostatic meter.

      -- The quantity of energy drops off as time progresses and after several
      weeks does not seem to be present in a measurable form by the electrostatic
      device.

      -- Occasionally the energy in fresh formations is so strong that electronic
      equipment malfunctions in peculiar ways, i.e. sudden battery drain and
      sometimes subsequent battery recovery.

      -- Known man-made formations do not register any variations in energy from
      the baseline nor do areas of flattened crop due to random wind damage.

      -- There appears to be a 'membrane' at the edge of a crop formation where
      the
      energy shifts lower, then perceptably higher. How far upward this membrane
      goes is unknown at this time.

      -- There are significant variations in spikes of energy in various parts of
      any given formation thought to be 'genuine', especially circle centers and
      edges of inner formation detail.

      -- Even when a formation had been quickly harvested (the Bishops Cannings'
      Basket) the meter used in the field still showed the energy of the
      formation,
      and the edges and shapes of the unseen form could be precisely mapped in the
      short stubble remaining.

      hundred or more formations would have to be methodically and precisely
      tested
      before any results would be scientifically acceptable. Funding is being
      sought to implement this. Our preliminary results are encouraging, however,
      and we suggest that others obtain this meter and verify these findings.

      If you've received one or more trial issues of CNI News and are ready to
      subscribe, here's how.
      -- Choose six months (12 issues) for $12, or twelve months (24 issues) for
      $24. You can pay by check or money order, or by credit card (VISA,
      MasterCard, Discover, American Express).
      -- If paying by check or money order, make payable to CNI News and mail to:
      CNI News
      PMB 277
      2100 W. Drake Road
      Fort Collins, CO 80526 USA
      -- IMPORTANT: Please make sure to include your email address with your
      payment.
      -- There are three ways to subscribe by credit card. You can: 1) call our
      toll-free phone service (in the USA, M-F): 1-800-898-0284; 2) FAX the
      following information to 1-970-282-7076: Your full name, email address,
      postal address, type of credit card, card number, expiration date, and
      daytime phone number (in case of a problem with your order). Be SURE to tell
      us whether you're paying $12 (for six months) or $24 (full year). Or 3)
      EMAIL
      the above information to: CNINews1@.... Thank you for your interest and
      support.

      SEEN OUR WEB SITE?
      If not, be sure to visit soon at http://www.cninews.com/ While there, check
      out our unique "Search CNI News," featuring more than 1,280
      keyword-searchable stories from our back issues.

      NO MORE, THANKS?
      If you're now on our mailing list and don't want to stay, send email to
      CNINews1@... with the message "Stop News."

      TIL NEXT TIME...
      We hope you've enjoyed this issue of CNI News. Thanks once again to all our
      recipients for your interest and support.

      Michael Lindemann
      Editor, CNI News

      ==+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++==

      Except as otherwise noted, the text of CNI News is copyright 1997-1999 by
      the
      2020 Group. As a condition of receiving CNI News, recipient agrees not to
      post CNI News on any Newsgroup, Web site, BBS or similar electronic
      location,
      nor redistribute CNI News by any electronic means unless with prior
      permission of the editor. Hard copy (paper) reproduction of CNI News for
      non-commercial educational purposes is permitted. For commercial
      reproduction
      terms and rights, please email CNINews1@... or call (in USA)
      970-282-7077.

      Jeroen Kumeling
      Paul Krugerstraat 6
      7551 GX Hengelo (ov)
      +31 (0)74-24 25 514
      email: ufonet@...

      UFO-Werkgroep Nederland
      Postbus 2191
      7500 CD Enschede
      tel: +31 (0)53 4310412
      email: ufowerkgroepNL@...

      Bezoek ook eens de internetsite van UFONET:
      http://www.xs4all.nl/~ufonet of
      http://ufonet.iwarp.com