Has Anyone Come Across An Update To The Nortwest Airlines Jet With A Dented Nose Cone?

  • Bob Foster
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2009
      Last July this odd story ran in the news for a few days. I keep my eye open for an official explanation, but none has yet been put forth. At first it was said to be a bird strike, but since it occurred at 18,000 feet this was then said to be impossible. If you examine the photo of the jet's nose you will see that rather than being simply dented, it's actually stove in, as though it struck something flat and large.

      If anyone knows anything more about it, I'd like to hear from you.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/08/business/08northwest.html?_r=1