A personal sighting.

  • Mark Fraser\ Haunted Scotland.
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 1999
      Hello list members,

      List members idea's and suggestions to the following sighting that I had when a teenager would be welcomed.

      A sighting I had myself, I will try to recall to the best of my ability. I was on my own on top of a double decker bus which was travelling along Hall Road on the Orchard Park Estate. (Yorkshire, England) It was sometime during the late 70's, but I cannot now remember exactly when. I saw a funny bright 'egg' in the sky, or rather it was pear shaped. I cannot judge the size, but it was big. It was pale red and orange...travelling slowly across the light, summers evening sky. The strangest thing of all is that it kept on changing its shape as it ambled along. It was like a giant floating light bulb, it certainly wasn't a cloud, nor did it seem to be a solid structure. It put me in mind of some gigantic life form then a more 'conventional' nuts and bolts type of ufo. Funnily enough after watching it for several minutes, I lost interest and turned my mind to other matters.

      It reminded me of a blob or a slug that lived in the sky. The next day the Hull Daily Mail ran an article on the 'object.' A number of people had seen it at around the same time, some rang the police others informed the local radio and media. One particular chap saw it at close quarters. He lived somewhere on the outskirts of Hull and had been working in his garage when he turned around to be confronted by this thing in the sky, which I have nicknamed 'The Sky Slug.' It is a pity I never kept the newspaper clipping.

      As a postscript to this sighting, in 1993 I was chatting to a colleague at the Hull Maternity Hospital when we began chatting about UFO's, (As you do) It turned out that he also saw this object and he happened to be on the top of a bus on Noddle Hill Way at the time. He also describes it as orangey\red and with he ability to change shape, But adds that all at once it accelerated to an incredible speed and disappeared from his view within seconds.

      The thing would change shape, putting its bulge at one end and then the other while I was watching, although I didn't really see it happening.

      MarkFraser\ Haunted Scotland

      http://Hauntedscotland.listbot.com

    • UfoChat@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 1999
        Opening in October http://www.ufochat.com
        24 hour 7 day a week live, online, interactive visual chat environment with
        daily and nightly workshops, renowned UFO Speakers, Authors and Researchers.
        Nothing like it on the net. Spread the word and join our referral program.
        http://www.ufochat.com (new site will be up and running in 3 weeks)