Re: Virus threat targeting ufology

  • Joe McGonagle
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 21, 2008
      --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "bubbasmom555" <bubbasmom555@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone actually used this?
      >
      > Peggi
      >
      > --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Joe McGonagle" <joe@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Chris Aubeck drew my attention to a useful security tool on another
      > > list. The tool is called 'Returnil', available as a free download
      > from:
      > >
      > > http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/index_files/rvspersonal.htm

      I'm using it now, it seems to work as described. The only thing to
      watch out for is that if you want to download and save a file (say a
      pdf document), you must save it in the container drive, otherwise it
      will be lost following re-boot. I am still finding my way around it,
      so I am unsure what happens with email attachments as yet....

      Chris Aubeck has been using it for some time now and is perfectly
      happy with it.

      Joe
    • bubbasmom555
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 21, 2008
        Thanks, Joe. I've been suffering with periodic "security messes"
        that I swear are related to what I'm chatting about and whom I'm
        chatting with. This sounds like an ideal solution!

        Are you publishing about it on other sites, also? Seems like word
        needs to get around!