Re: Where oh where do our tax dollars go?

  • bubbasmom555
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2008
      Hey, Fred -

      Hope all is going well with you....

      This is from 1995, right? So it is 13 years old - and I wonder what
      the percentage is today??

      And I also wonder if this is one of the reasons that the price of oil
      is so high/the value of the dollar so low. How could a drain like
      this be sustained without doing something comparable??

      Peggi

      --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "sandpiper987"
      <etinvestigator1984@...> wrote:

      > Give up?
      >
      > http://www.subversiveelement.com/DulceSchneider.html
      >
      > ..and this is "for the People" and "by the People"?
      >
      > Fred Dennis

    • timelooper
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2008
        I am a new subscriber to this list. I live in Williamsburg, Virginia.
        For those of you unfamiliar with it, it is a fairly small
        college/tourist/retirement town in the SE part of the state. I have a
        masters degree in environmental sciences and worked in a state
        regulatory agency for many years prior to moving down here. As a
        younger man I spent six years in the US Navy as a hospital corpsman.
        Two of those years were spent on board a fast frigate in the Pacific.
        The others at Navy hospital located at a Naval Air Station in Florida.
        At one time or another I think I have seen just about every aircraft
        in the US arsenal, barring some of the higher flying spy planes. Which
        brings me to the reason I subscribed to this list in the first place.

        At approximately 12:15 pm, on May 19 of this year while bicycling on
        the National Park road known as the Colonial Parkway I witnessed a
        very large, dark gray object hovering above the James River. I have
        biked this lovely stretch of road regularly for the past 7-8 years and
        thought I'd seen everything one possibly could in the skies above the
        river. But this object was very different. I first caught sight it
        about a mile east of the famous Jamestown Island. It was directly in
        front of me, perfectly framed by the gap in the trees made by the road
        itself. In truth, I could not not see it. Upon first seeing it, I
        asked myself, "what the hell is that?" It was quite large, dark slate
        gray, shaped like a rounded square with three or four black horizontal
        lines running around it. At first I thought it was either a very large
        kite or an advertising balloon of some kind. But, this happened to be
        a very windy day (winds gusting up to 30-35 mph out of the west) so
        that seemed unlikely. As I rode towards it it remained perfectly
        stationary in my line of sight. It was only then that I began to get a
        clearer idea of its size. It was huge, on the order of a blimp or
        dirigible. I cycled on and lost sight of it behind a stand of trees. I
        reacquired it another mile or so down the road where the trees thinned
        out. It was now well over the river to my right. I had a very clear
        view of it from the side this time. It was shaped like a flattened
        American football and moving leisurely into the wind. There was no
        writing on its side nor any markings or any kind that I could see.
        Thinking it might be a huge parasail I kept looking for a boat
        underneath it or guide lines, but there was nothing beneath it but its
        own shadow. I biked on another half mile or so and came to a meadow at
        the 31 km road marker. The object/craft had now crossed the river and
        was hovering very near the Surry Nuclear Power Station, a distance of
        some three miles from where I stood. I watched it like this for a good
        15 minutes. I can't be certain just how close to the station it was,
        but it appeared to be over the far beach and was making a very slow
        circuit of the station perimeter, taking care to stand off from the
        plant itself while remaining just below the treeline (the pines here
        can get quite tall, some in excess of a 100 feet). Because the power
        station sits on the western edge of a peninsula I can't be absolutely
        certain of the exact compass headings. I believe the object was moving
        from north to south along the western perimeter of the station.

        Needless to say, I was captivated by the sight of this unusual craft.
        I couldn't take my eyes off of it. As it hovered/floated over the
        water it rocked very slowly on its long axis. It was like a canoe on a
        lake moving with a very gentle current. Even though I could see that
        it was a very dull, dark gray color, its top or anterior surface
        reflected the sunlight brilliantly. The flashes of light were so
        bright that they made me squint -- and this with polarized cycling
        glasses at a distance of three miles! Having the twin reactor
        buildings in the background to use as a rough yardstick, I would
        estimate that this craft was at least 200 feet long, and perhaps
        longer still.

        By this time I was faced with a dilemma: should I keep watching or go
        home and get my camera? My house is about 2.5 miles from where I was
        standing, so I decided to go for the camera. I raced home, grabbed the
        camera, hopped in my car and drove back to the Parkway. This all took
        me about 20 minutes. But, by the time I got back to the river, the
        object was gone. I drove up and down the road for a while looking for
        it, but it was nowhere to be seen. In retrospect, I wish I'd stayed.
        It would have been interesting to see how it left the area.

        I could say more about all of the phone calls I made that afternoon to
        the power station security office, local military bases, airports,
        police, newspapers, Goodyear air operations, etc. but suffice it to
        say that I got very little useful information from any of them and in
        some cases was actively discouraged from pursuing the matter any
        further. That is an interesting story in its own right.

        Oh, by the way, what do the other subscribers to this list think about
        that Northwest Airlines airliner that had its nose punched in at
        18,000 feet over Tampa? Any thoughts on what might have caused that?

        Bob F.