A little Effort changed the World

  • worldgathering@googlemail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 2:46 PM
      The Big World Gathering ~ http://www.worldgathering.net

      ~ A little Effort changed the World ~

      This was posted recently at an internet board:

      < What I want to see are conscious ones tuning in to
      each other in an unprecedented way.... Starting right
      here, with you dear thinker. >

      I replied:

      You know, we have the feeling 'it isn't working'? But maybe
      it is working. Lots of people we meet each day are trying to
      be themselves and are trying to live properly, but maybe we
      sometimes don't notice. Everyone needs encouragement.

      I can reveal that much of the time, for a long time,
      I have so much wished for encouragement or a good
      word - from anyone.

      When it comes - encouragement - I sing. I start working
      harder. At least 300% harder. Solely because someone said
      Thanks to me. Or smiled. Or said I did a good job. Or even
      said 'That kind of work must be important'. Even if their
      words had a partial question mark after them. Because I go
      away thinking to myself: 'Yes. I believe it's important.'

      What it comes down to is some real connection with other
      people. Instead of just having an empty desert issuing out
      of the people we meet. Perhaps they are communicating,
      and we didn't notice.

      I say daft things to the staff in the local store, just because
      I feel to say them. And they (definitely seem to anyway)
      respond.

      ... < Starting right here, with you dear thinker >

      I responded with:

      I just sent out these thoughts to quite a few people:

      "I think it's because we don't encourage others enough;
      and many people with high hopes and great intentions fall
      by the wayside feeling their efforts were useless ... broken
      -hearted and dispirited they (we?) walk off into the desert
      and stop trying.

      It seems, the key medicine is: if every day we keep putting
      out pieces of encouragement we may see a snow-ball start
      which will grow, and grow, and grow. Encouragement and
      kindness are the oils which make life work."

      ~~~ A little effort changed the world ~~~

      ~~~~~~~~~~

      The Big World Gathering
      http://www.worldgathering.net

      TBWG News at Google:
      http://groups.google.com/group/worldgathering
      Index to all resources at TBWG website:
      http://www.worldgathering.net/menu.html
      Posters & Logos for your website:
      http://www.worldgathering.net/logos.html

      World-Action: http://www.worldgathering.net/world
      World-Action 2: http://www.worldgathering.net/world2
      Inspiring Times: http://www.worldgathering.net/times
      Words waken World: http://www.worldgathering.net/words
      Winds of Truth: http://www.worldgathering.net/winds
      Stop Chemtrails: http://www.worldgathering.net/stop
      Celtic Island: http://www.worldgathering.net/celtic

      Videos: http://www.worldgathering.net/menu.html#video
      Sounds: http://www.worldgathering.net/menu.html#audio
      Spacecraft: http://www.worldgathering.net/scotland

      'The Big' at Blogspot: http://worldgathering.blogspot.com

      The Rainbow Dream Vision: "This prophecy is a dream
      and vision that is a potential reality for mankind. It is not
      an ultimatum. But it is ours to behold and to create if we
      only dare to create it together."

      Central American Mayan Elder: "Human beings must
      come together in support of life. At present, each person
      and group is going his or her own way. There is hope
      if people can come together and unite."

      "We must do what we conceive to be the right thing and
      not bother our heads or burden our souls with whether we
      will be successful. Because if we don't do the right thing,
      we will be doing the wrong thing and we will just be a part
      of the disease and not a part of the cure."
      - E F Schumacher