Re: [UFOnet] Portuguese scientists support "Close Encounters" TV series

  • eddie middleton
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2008
      Hello,

      I'm Eddie Middleton, the State Director for MUFON in Tennessee ( USA ). Will there be an English language version ( either dubbed or subtitled) of this historic new documentary series? Maybe even some kind of power-point presentation based off of it with selected transcripts? I really would like to be able to see this and fully appreciate its content.

      Also, I do Internet radio interviews and would like to have you as a guest on my show Night Search. I would call you in Portugal for a one-hour conversation all about the research that is being shown in your upcoming TV series. Just let me know if this would be feasible. You can check my website at www.nightsearch.net.

      Thanks,
      Eddie Middleton

      Joaquim Fernandes <j.fernan@...> wrote:
      Dear friends,

      A serious approach by a new television UFO documentary series, Close
      Encounters is now being produced in Portugal under the direct support of the
      University Fernando Pessoa

      and co- ordinated by historian Dr. Joaquim Fernandes.

      With 13 episodes this video series is to air on the second public channel of
      the Portuguese Television, RTP 2, showing a selection of the best cases that
      ocurred

      in Portugal in the 20th Century.

      Over three dozen leading academics and researchers from several scientific
      disciplines at the main national universities were invited by Joaquim
      Fernandes to comment i

      n a didactic way all the patterns of distinct and strange space phenomena.
      All the episodes try to look for subjective impact and consequences in the
      witnesses behaviour

      aside from the presentation of technical data.

      Among the 13 episodes are documented several "enconters" by Portuguese Air
      Force pilots that were previously studied by civilian groups and then by the
      Center of

      Transdiciplinary of Consciousness Studies team at the University Fernando
      Pessoa, in Porto.

      We think this can represent a major step in the way mainstream Science and
      academics deal with 'extraordinary phenomena'

      associated with UFO-related events.

      When we compare this high-quality standard of research with so many poor and
      un-qualified UFO TV shows we must congratulate the pioneer and historic

      initiative supported by the Portuguese scientific community.

      We hope that this historic documentary series will be distributed worldwide.

      Joaquim Fernandes, Ph.D

      CTEC

      Universidade Fernando Pessoa

      Porto