Re: [UFOnet] Mystery Space Machines

  • Jerry Shifman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2007
      On Dec 22, 2007, at 4:56 AM, Tim Edwards wrote:

      > Hi Everyone
      >
      > I don't know if any of you have seen this or not but I haven't seen
      > any
      > discussion of it anywhere else and I think it deserves more attention!
      >
      > After considering the following web page (URL below) does anyone
      > have an
      > opinion or comment on the nature of the 'craft' or the photography?

      A few cautionary comments.

      1. I need to know exactly how he managed to get images that
      (apparently) nobody else can get. How enhanced or photoshopped are
      these images?

      2. These short videos show an object remaining (more or less) in the
      frame. How did he accomplish this? The usual tracking drive for an
      astronomical telescope is useless in this case since any low earth
      orbit object is moving quite rapidly compared to the "fixed" stars.
      So did he track the object by hand to keep it in the frame? That is
      hellishly difficult to do. Sophisticated, and very expensive,
      systems exist that can do this. Did he use such a system?

      3. Audio. He says he picked up "sounds" from the objects. I think
      this is unintentionally misleading. Since he says he aligned his
      satellite dish with the telescope he must be receiving a radio
      transmission. How, exactly, did he align his dish with his
      telescope? These dishes have no provisions for the slow, continuous
      motion needed to track a moving object. And their "field of view" is
      very narrow. Have any of you ever tried to align one of these dishes
      to receive your satellite signal? And these satellites are at a
      fixed position in the sky. Now think of trying to focus on a moving
      target. But, assuming he could lock on to the satellite radio
      transmission, what equipment did he receive them with? What
      demodulation method? What error correction decoding? In short, what
      exactly is that hum we hear on these videos?

      As I say, just some questions that need answers.

      Jerry Shifman