Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

National Press Club -- UFO Conference Transcript

Expand Messages
  • antigray
    National Press Club -- UFO Conference Transcript RODRIGO BRAVO GARRIDO Since the beginning of Chilean history, there have been reports of unidentified
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2007
      National Press Club -- UFO Conference Transcript

      Since the beginning of Chilean history, there have been reports of
      unidentified phenomena, sometimes called UFOs, observed in our skies.
      Over the years, we have increased our capacity to explain many of the
      sightings, but some continue to remain without a scientific or logical
      For that reason, in October of 1997, the Department of Civil
      Aeronautics, the Chilean equivalent of the American FAA, set up the
      Committee for the Study of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena, known as the
      CEFAA. This agency handles the best reports of unidentified aerial
      phenomena in cooperation with aeronautic specialists.
      In 2000, the Aviation branch of the Army of Chile assigned me to
      research anomalous aerial phenomena, which they knew were real, and
      their affect on aerospace security. I then graduated to become a
      military pilot, and learned that the Aviation Amy had in its files
      many reports of UFO incidents from military pilots.
      A link was then established between our Army office and the CEFAA, and
      as a result, nine official cases have been documented. This has helped
      to create awareness among the flight crews about UFOs, and they now
      cooperate with flight security to report any abnormal situation.
      One of our most important civil aviation cases occurred in 1988,
      showing that unidentified flying objects can be a danger for air
      operations. A Boeing 737 pilot, on a final approach to the runway at
      ?The Tepual? Airport in Puerto Montt City, suddenly encountered a
      large white light surrounded by green and red. The light was moving in
      the opposite direction of the airplane, coming straight at it. The
      pilot had to make a steep turn to the left in order to avoid a
      collision. The phenomenon was observed by the control tower personnel.
      In 2000, the crew of a Chilean plane from the Aviation branch of the
      Army, flying South of Santiago, observed a long cigar-shaped object, a
      brilliant gray. It flew parallel to the right side of the aircraft for
      two minutes and then disappeared at a very high speed. This object was
      detected by the radar of the Control Center of Santiago which notified
      the crew minutes before the incident.
      Sadly, the UFO subject has been contaminated with false information,
      out of touch with reality, provided by unqualified people to the
      media. This has moved the issue away from a scientific and specialized
      study where it belongs.
      In light of that problem, we now make the call to all the countries
      that are presently working on this issue in a serious and factual way,
      to unite their efforts. We would like this to include the United
      States of America.
      This cooperative effort would help all of us counteract the
      potentially unsafe effects of UFOs on air operations around the world.
      New cases are being documented by pilots, traffic controllers,
      operations staff at the world?s airports, and by many others with the
      proper training to determine if a flying object is something unusual.
      The true origin of these UFOs is unknown, yet they do affect aviation
      all around the planet, and this must be addressed.

      What I am about to tell you now, is about an event that never
      happened. I am John Callahan, and I was Division Chief of the
      Accidents, Evaluations and Investigations Division of the FAA in
      Washington, for 6 years during the 980?s.
      In early January of 987, I received a call from the Air Traffic
      Quality Control Branch in FAA's Alaskan regional office, requesting
      guidance on what to tell the media personnel who were overflowing
      their office. The media was requesting information about the UFO that
      chased a Japanese 747 across the Alaskan sky for some 3 minutes at
      flight levels between 3 000 and 35000 ft. on November 7, 986. Somehow,
      the word had got out. "What UFO; when did this take place; why wasn?t
      Washington Headquarters informed?" I asked. "Hey, he replied, ?who
      believes in UFO's? I just need to know what to tell the media to get
      them out of here." The answer to that question was easy: "Tell them
      it's under investigation. Then, collect all the data - the voice tapes
      and data disc for both the facility and the military. Send then
      overnight to the FAA Tech Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey."
      Japan Air Lines flight 628, a cargo jet with a pilot, co-pilot and one
      crew member, was just north of Anchorage, and it was about pm when the
      pilot first reported the UFO. He described it as a huge ball with
      lights running around it. He said it was about 4 times bigger than a
      747, and he saw it with his own eyes. So did the other two crew members.
      Over the course of 3 minutes, the UFO jumped miles in a few seconds,
      changing places to different spots around the 747, in one sweep of the
      radar scope.
      After receiving the data from Alaska almost two months later, I
      briefed my boss Harvey Safer and the FAA Administrator Admiral Engen,
      and Safer and I went to the FAA Tech Center to observe the playback.
      The FAA had developed a program capable of recreating the traffic on
      the controllers' scope, or plan view display. I instructed the FAA
      specialist to synchronize the voice tapes with the radar data so we
      could hear everything the controller and pilot said. I video taped the
      radar display. Later that day, I requested that the FAA automation
      specialists plot the radar targets along the route of flight and
      explain what each target was doing. I video taped the resulting chart.
      The print out and radar play back displayed primary targets in the
      vicinity of the 747. These target returns were displayed about the
      same time and place as the pilot advised viewing the UFO. Both the
      radar and manual controller observed the primary target. The military
      controllers also viewed the primary target on their radar and
      identified it as a "double primary." The pilot and crew viewed the
      target on their radar and were able to see the huge UFO at the same
      time as it approached their aircraft.
      If this craft had been a leer jet or military aircraft at the wrong
      altitude, that would have been clear. The FAA has procedures that
      cover tracking unidentified aircraft violating another's airspace -
      but it has no procedures for UFOs.
      Back at FAA headquarters, I gave Administrator Engen a quick briefing
      and showed him the video. He set up a briefing with President Reagan's
      scientific staff, and told me my function was to give them a dog and
      pony show and hand this event off to them, "since the FAA does not
      deal with UFO's." I brought along a copy of the video and all the data
      print outs available at the time. One of the scientists asked a number
      of questions, such as, what is the range of the radar, what is the
      frequency of the radar, what is the band width, what is the formula
      for the height equipment, etc.
      I was impressed with the response from the FAA experts. At the end,
      one of the three people from the CIA said, "This event never happened;
      we were never here; we?re confiscating all this data and you are all
      sworn to secrecy." "What do you think it was?" I asked the CIA person.
      "A UFO and now they have over 30 minutes of radar to go over," he
      responded. "Well let?s get a twix out and advise the American public
      that we were visited by a UFO," I suggested.
      "No way, if we were to tell the American public there are UFO's they
      would panic," he informed me. Some time after the briefing, the
      detailed FAA report which included extensive interviews with the pilot
      and crew, the chart prepared at the Tech Center; and facility voice
      tapes arrived at my office and were placed on a small table waiting
      for the CIA to request more data. The material stayed there until I
      retired 2 years later, and I've had it ever since. Most people
      including FAA controllers really aren't familiar with how the FAA
      radar system works and why all aircraft traveling through our airspace
      are not caught on radar or displayed on the controllers PVD. But I am.
      The system and organization of the FAA is not configured to identify
      and track these types of performances.

      I am Dr. Anthony Choy, founding member of the Office of Investigations
      of Anomaluos Aereal Phenomena (OIFAA), and an investigor for this
      office. This agency was established by the Peruvian Air Force in
      December, 2001.
      I am the author of "Project 33," the first Integral study on the UFO
      phenomenon in Peru. I traveled all over my country for about three
      years, speaking with witnesses, obtaining audio-visual information
      such as photographs and videos, and collecting data for this study.
      On October 13, 2001, in the northern city of Chulucanas, and before
      hundreds of people, eight spheres of light, of an intense red-orange
      color, were recorded on video. We were the first ones to obtain this
      video and we gave it to the air force. These objects were suspended in
      the air for over five hours, moving in an apparently intelligent
      manner, and in absolute silence until they disappeared.
      A few days later, on October 25th, the luminous tear-shaped object of
      some 25 meters diameter (approx. 80 feet), was recorded over the
      countryside near the city. Within a few minutes, the apparent
      "landing" of light spheres in the woods was also recorded.
      In February of 2002, the Air Force?s OIFAA ordered me to investigate
      these sightings.
      Taking responsibility for the so-called "Chulucanas Incident", in
      February 2003 Peruvian Air Force Colonel Jose Raffo Moloche, Director
      of Aereal and Space Concerns, made an open statement to the media
      acknowledging that the Chulucanas Incident was the first official UFO
      investigation in Peru.
      The preliminary conclusion was that the sightings, although being
      physically real, had no explanation. The case remains open, and the
      investigation continues independently
      The climax occurred on August 6 of 2004 when, in collaboration with
      the American television channel of Univision, we were able to record
      for 55 minutes a distant object of unknown nature and origin, moving
      at great velocity in the sky, going up and down, and right and left.
      I believe the Air Force in Peru has done the right thing by opening an
      office to conduct these investigations. The evidence we have from
      actual UFO cases and incidents that have taken place in our country
      show that the UFO phenomenon remains one of the greatest challenges to
      our current knowledge of science and technology.

      My name is Jean-Charles DUBOC, and I am a retired Air France Captain.
      During Air France Flight 3532 from Nice to London, on 28 January 1994,
      I observed, with my crew, a daylight UFO near Paris. We had few
      passengers on board and none of them had reported that observation to
      the crew.
      The time was 1:00 P.M, and the visibility was excellent with some
      altocumulus clouds.
      That object had been identified initially by a steward who was in the
      cockpit and by the copilot as a weather balloon, but when I identified
      it, it looked quite different.
      In fact this UFO was in evolution and it looked like this (I shall
      then show a drawing), with a bank angle of 45°.
      It seemed to be a huge flying DISC.
      It stabilized and stopped moving (moving horizontally the drawing).
      We observed it over one minute on the LEFT on our plane, surprisingly
      totally stationary in the sky, and it disappeared progressively (turn
      of the drawing).
      This large object was below us at the altitude of 35, 000 ft (we were
      at 39 000 ft), at a distance of about 25 nautical miles.
      The colour was RED BROWN with BLURRED outlines.
      The apparent diameter of this object could be compared to the diameter
      of the moon, or the sun. That means that it was about 1000 feet wide.
      We had no idea of the structure of the UFO that seemed to be embedded
      in a kind of magnetic or gravitational field, with no lights or visual
      metallic structure, which gave it a really FUZZY appearance.
      The most incredible aspect is that it became transparent and
      disappeared in about 10 to 20 seconds.
      My co-pilot, chief steward and I quickly realized that what we were
      seeing did not resemble anything known to us, and we reported our
      sighting to Reims traffic control.
      Simultaneously, the radar of the Operational Centre of the Air Defence
      (the CODA), registered a one minute spot crossing the track of our plane.
      When I recorded the estimated position of the UFO on an aeronautical
      map I was surprised to realize that its position was near the base of
      Taverny which hosts the headquarters of the French Strategic Air Command.
      This sighting has been studied by the French military COMETA group
      under the direction of General Denis Letty and with the participation
      of several high ranking officers of the French Defence, as well as by
      GEPAN under the French National Space Centre (CNES).
      The investigations determined this could not have been a weather
      balloon, and estimated the approximate length of the UFO to have been
      800 feet.
      This sighting remains unexplained.

      My name is Wilfried De Brouwer. I am a retired Major General of the
      Belgian Air Force and I was Chief Operations in the Air Staff when an
      exceptional UFO wave took place over Belgium. Indeed, during the
      evening of 29 November 1989, in a small area in Eastern Belgium,
      approximately 140 UFO sightings were reported. Hundreds of people saw
      a majestic triangular craft with a span of approximately 120 feet,
      powerful beaming spot lights, moving very slowly without making any
      significant noise but, in several cases, accelerating to very high speeds.
      The following days and months, many more sightings would follow. The
      UFO wave would last more than one year during which a Belgian UFO
      organization conducted more than 650 investigations and recorded more
      than 400 hours of audio witness reports. On one occasion, a photograph
      revealed the triangular shape and four light beams of the object.
      Belgium had no official focal point for reporting UFO observations.
      Nevertheless, in my function of Chief Operations, I was confronted
      with numerous questions about the origin and nature of these craft. In
      the first instance, and in consultation with other NATO partners, I
      could confirm that no flights of stealth aircraft or any other
      experimental aircraft took place in the airspace of Belgium. In
      addition, the Civil Aviation Authorities confirmed that no flight
      plans had been introduced. This implied that the reported object(s)
      committed an infraction against the existing aviation rules.
      The Belgian Air Force tried to identify the alleged intruder(s) and,
      on three occasions, launched F 16 aircraft. On one occasion, two F 16
      registered rapid changes in speed and altitude which were well outside
      of the performance envelope of existing aircraft. Nevertheless, the
      pilots could not establish visual contact and the investigation
      revealed that specific weather conditions may have caused
      electromagnetic interferences and false returns on the radar screens.
      The technical evidence was insufficient to conclude that abnormal air
      activities took place during that evening.
      In short, the Belgian UFO wave was exceptional and the Air Force could
      not identify the nature, origin and intentions of the reported phenomena.

      My name is Charles I. Halt. I retired from the US Air Force in 1991 as
      a Colonel. I was a base commander at two large installations and at
      the time of my retirement was Director, Inspections Directorate for
      the DOD IG. In that position I had inspection oversight of all
      military services and defense agencies. In 1980 I was the Deputy Base
      Commander of RAF Bentwaters, the large twin base complex in East
      Anglia England. At the time this was the largest Tactical Fighter Wing
      in the Air Force. In late December 1980 I was called upon to
      investigate a strange event that was distracting our Security Police
      from their primary duties. Early on the morning of December 26, 1980
      our police patrolmen discovered strange lights in the forest east of
      the back gate of RAF Woodbridge. Three patrolmen were dispatched into
      the forest to investigate. They reported discovering a strange
      triangular craft sitting on three legs. The craft was approximately 3
      meters on a side. The craft had multiple lights. It rapidly maneuvered
      and quickly left the area. I was not immediately aware of the details
      only being told of strange lights and assumed there was a reasonable
      explanation. Two nights later the family Christmas party was
      interrupted by the on duty police commander. He told of strange events
      and claimed "it" was back. Since my boss had to present awards I was
      tasked to go out and investigate. I fully expected to find an
      explanation. I took two senior Security Police, a Disaster
      Preparedness expert and the reporting On Duty Police Commander. At the
      site we found the three 1 ½" indentations in the ground in a
      triangular pattern. [SHOW PLASTER CAST],
      We discovered mild radiation, and evidence including broken branches.
      We suddenly observed a bright red/orange oval object with a black
      center. It reminded me of an eye and appeared as though blinking. It
      maneuvered horizontally through the trees with occasionally vertical
      movement. When approached it receded and silently broke into five
      white lights which quickly vanished. We moved out of the forest into a
      pasture and observed several objects with multiple lights in the
      Northern sky. They changed in shape from elliptical to round.
      Several other objects were seen to the South. One approached at high
      speed and sent down a concentrated beam near our feet. Another object
      sent down beams into the weapons storage area. The whole time we had
      difficulty communicating with the base as all three radio frequencies
      kept breaking up. This activity continued for about an hour.
      During this entire event I had my pocket recorder and taped the event
      as it unfolded. A copy of the tape was released without my knowledge.
      This is the original recorder and tape. I have no idea what we saw but
      do know whatever we saw was under intelligent control.

      My name is Parviz Jafari, and I am a retired General of Iranian Air Force.
      At about 11 pm on the evening of 18th September, 1976, citizens were
      frightened by the circling of an unknown object over Tehran, the
      Capital city of Iran, at a low altitude. It looked similar to a star,
      but bigger and brighter.
      They reported it to the tower and it was seen by the tower man too. He
      alerted the Air Force command post and Deputy General Yousefi decided
      to scramble an F-4 jet to investigate.
      The pilot in the first jet lost instrumentation and communications
      when he got too close to the brilliant object, so he headed back.
      About 10 minutes later, they scrambled a second jet, which I was
      piloting. At the time I was Squadron commander.
      I approached the object, which was flashing with intense red, green,
      orange and blue light so bright that I was not able to see its body.
      The sequence of flashes was extremely fast, like a strobe light.
      We locked on it with radar; it was at 30° left, at a range of 25
      miles. The size on the radar scope was comparable to that of a 707 tanker.
      Four other objects with different shapes separated from the main one,
      at different times during this close encounter.
      Whenever they were close to me, my weapons were jammed and my radio
      communications were garbled.
      One of the objects headed toward me. I thought it was a missile. I
      tried to launch a heat seeking missile to it, but my missile panel
      went out. Another followed me when I was descending on the way back.
      One of the separated objects landed in an open area radiating a high
      bright light, in which the sands on the ground were visible.
      We could hear emergency squash all the way, which was reported by
      other airliners flying at the time and continued for another couple of
      During my interview at H.Q, after the incident, an American colonel
      took notes, but after it was over I could not find him to talk with.
      Later, a once-classified document was released here in America through
      the Freedom of information Act. The Defense Intelligence Agency
      documented the event in great detail, and it was sent to NSA, The
      White House and the CIA. The DIA assessment said "this case is a
      classic that meets all necessary conditions for a legitimate study of
      the UFO phenomenon."
      I would be happy to answer questions and tell you more.
      Thank you.

      My name is James Penniston, United States Air Force Retired.
      In 1980, I was assigned to the largest Tactical Fighter Wing in the
      Air Force, RAF Woodbridge in England. I was the senior security
      officer in charge of base security.
      At that time I held a top-secret US and NATO security clearance and
      was responsible for the protection of war-making resources for that base.
      Shortly after midnight on the 26th of December, 1980, Staff Sergeant
      Steffens briefed me that some lights were seen in Rendlesham Forest,
      just outside the base. He informed me that what ever it was didn?t
      crash?it landed. I discounted what he said and reported to the control
      center back at the base that we had a possible downed aircraft. I then
      ordered Amn. Cabanzak, AIC Burroughs to respond with me.
      When we arrived near the suspected crash site it quickly became
      apparent that we were not dealing with a plane crash or anything else
      we?d ever responded to. There was a bright light emanating from an
      object on the forest floor. As we approached it on foot, a silhouetted
      triangular craft about 9 feet long by 6.5 feet high, came into view.
      The craft was fully intact sitting in a small clearing inside the woods.
      As the three of us got closer to the craft we started experiencing
      problems with our radios. I then asked Cabansag to relay radio
      transmissions back to the control center. Burroughs and I proceeded
      towards the craft.
      When we came up on the triangular shaped craft there were blue and
      yellow lights swirling around the exterior as though part of the
      surface and the air around us was electrically charged. We could feel
      it on our cloths, skin and hair. Nothing in my training prepared me
      for what we were witnessing.
      After ten minutes without any apparent aggression, I determined the
      craft was non hostile to my team or to the base. Following security
      protocol, we completed a thorough on-site investigation, including a
      full physical examination of the craft. This included photographs,
      notebook entries, and radio relays through airman Cabansag to the
      control center as required. On one side of the craft were symbols that
      measured about 3 inches high and two and a half feet across.
      These symbols were pictorial in design; the largest symbol was a
      triangle, which was centered in the middle of the others. These
      symbols were etched into the surface of the craft, which was warm to
      the touch and felt like metal.
      The feeling I had during this encounter was no type of aircraft that
      I?ve eve seen before.
      After roughly 45 minutes the light from the craft began to intensify.
      Burroughs and I then took a defensive position away from the craft as
      it lifted off the ground without any noise or air disturbance. It
      maneuvered through the trees and shot off at an unbelievable rate of
      speed. It was gone in the blink of an eye.
      In my logbook, (that I have right here) I wrote, Speed: IMPOSSIBLE.
      Over 80 Air Force Personnel, all trained observers assigned to the
      81st Security Police Squadron, witnessed the takeoff.
      The information acquired during the investigation was reported through
      military channels. The team and witnesses were told to treat the
      investigation as "top secret" and no further discussion was allowed.
      The photos we retrieved from the base lab (two rolls of 35 mm) were
      apparently over exposed.

      Bonjour, I am Dr Claude POHER, retired astrophysicist and space
      research engineer from the National Center for Space Studies, the
      French equivalent of NASA. I was the founder of the GEPAN, the Group
      for the Study of Unidentified Aerospace Phenomena, which was an
      official agency devoted to the study of UFO observation reports, and
      which remains active today, under the name GEIPAN.
      I first learned about the existence of official US UFO reports early
      in the sixties, from Dr J. Allen Hynek, the well known astronomical
      consultant to the US Air Force?s Project Blue Book. I then began to
      investigate official French UFO reports, and to undertake scientific
      analyses of the data.
      I received approval from CNES to create and direct the GEPAN about 15
      years later, in 1977. I trained our first investigators, teaching them
      how to conduct official investigations into the different kinds of
      reports, from lights in the sky to landings with physical evidence and
      observations of occupants.
      We had an independent scientific steering committee. This committee
      recommended that we continue to pursue this work during the two years
      of my direction.
      For example, I trained our investigators on the case of CUSSAC, where,
      in August 1967, two young witnesses were alerted by the agitation of
      dozens of frightened farm animals at around noon. The witnesses then
      observed a landed spherical UFO at a distance of 80 yards, with four
      occupants near it.
      Very high luminosity was reported after slow takeoff, leaving
      physiological effects on the witnesses eyes that were confirmed by the
      village mayor. The ?hiss? noise described by the two witnesses was
      also heard by the hunting guard of the village. The UFO acceleration
      after vertical takeoff was estimated to be about a hundred g?s by
      GEPAN experts. The occupants were seen floating in the air while
      entering the craft, from its top, in a hurry.
      Physical traces on the ground from the craft were confirmed by the
      local police, as well as a sulfur oxide odor. CNES experts in
      meteorology and space debris worked in the field with the witnesses,
      along with a Juge, a psychologist, an optical engineer and
      aeronautical engineer. They had full measuring equipment and worked
      with the police as well.
      The official conclusion of GEPAN in 1979, was that about 15% of cases
      remained unidentified after careful analysis by our experts. We
      concluded that the objects, in most of these cases, were compatible
      with flying machines whose flight physics were foreign to the experts?
      What I have stated is about the past. Now there are some recent
      experimental facts, in direct relation to my GEPAN and UFO
      investigation involvement, that I believe are of great importance for
      our future, and for the way you should now handle UFO observations in
      the USA.
      After I left the GEPAN but remained at CNES, I continued to work on
      the UFO subject in the domain of theoretical physics. Last April, the
      physical theory about gravitation and inertia I was working on since
      1980, was successfully tested in the laboratory.
      Effectively, I patented and tested devices able to reproduce, in the
      laboratory, the causes of the strange effects that are described in
      UFO observation reports. I am talking about such effects as tremendous
      accelerations, sharp turns, sudden stops, powerful emission of light,
      silent supersonic speed, etc ?
      These experimental results are currently open to be demonstrated, in
      my laboratory in Toulouse, for qualified scientists, scientific
      journalists and industrial representatives, including those from the USA.
      Thanks for your attention.

      My name is Nick Pope, formerly with the British Ministry of Defence.
      Since 1950 the British Government has received over 10,000 UFO
      reports. Responsibility for this subject rests with the Ministry of
      Defense, whose remit is to look for evidence of any potential threat
      to the UK, or anything else of any "defense significance". From 1991
      to 1994 I was the desk officer responsible for these investigations.
      Most UFO sightings turned out to be misidentifications of things such
      as aircraft, satellites and meteors, but in around 5 per cent of cases
      no explanation could be found. These cases include incidents where
      reliable witnesses such as police officers and pilots reported
      structured craft performing speeds and maneuvers significantly in
      excess of anything they had seen military jet aircraft perform. Other
      cases included in this category involved UFOs tracked on radar and
      incidents where photos or videos were produced and where the MoD's
      technical experts found no evidence of fakery.
      The MoD takes no position on the nature of the UFO phenomenon but I
      and some of my colleagues were privately convinced that whatever was
      going on, there were important defense, national security and flight
      safety issues involved.
      In March 1993 I investigated a case where a UFO was seen by about 60
      witnesses, including military personnel at two air force bases.
      Witnesses included a patrol of air force police, together with a
      meteorological officer with 8 years experience. This latter witness
      described a triangular-shaped craft midway in size between a C-130 and
      a Boeing 747. He said that it was emitting a low frequency humming
      sound and he said it moved slowly at first, before accelerating away
      many times faster than a military jet. My Head of Division's brief to
      the Assistant Chief of the Air Staff concluded "In summary, there
      would seem to be some evidence on this occasion that an unidentified
      object (or objects) of unknown origin was operating over the UK". The
      case file - published on the MoD website - also mentions related
      enquiries from the US authorities, asking if the UK had a black
      programme that might explain some UFO sightings involving large
      triangular-shaped craft. That's interesting, given the US government's
      public position that UFOs are no longer investigated.
      Britain's best known UFO sighting occurred in 1980 and involved USAF
      personnel from two military bases in the UK. There were multiple
      witnesses and an object was seen to land in a place called Rendlesham
      Forest. A Geiger counter was used to take radiation readings at the
      landing site and the assessment undertaken by the MoD's Defence
      Intelligence Staff stated that the levels recorded seemed
      "significantly higher than the average background". We are fortunate
      to have two of the witnesses to these events here today and I should
      like to hand over to one of them now, so that he can give you the
      Thank you.

      Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and thank you for coming today. My
      name is Ray Bowyer and I fly a civilian airliner as Captain. I have
      been invited here due to my sighting last April of multiple as yet
      unidentified objects over the Channel Islands region of the English
      Channel. This encounter lasted for 15 minutes with the first object
      being visible from 55 miles distant.
      On nearing the object a second identical shape appeared beyond the
      first. Both objects were of a flattened disk shape with a dark area to
      the right side. They were brilliant yellow with light emanating from
      them. I estimated them to be up to a mile across.
      I found myself astounded but curious. But at 12 miles distant these
      objects were becoming uncomfortably large, and I was glad to descend
      and land the aircraft.
      Many of my passengers saw the objects as did the pilot of another
      aircraft 25 miles further south. There is also possible radar
      information still being investigated.
      A team headed by Dr. David Clarke looking at this case will shortly
      publish a report but I understand that at this time no definitive
      solution has been discovered to explain the sighting.
      I have taken note of the differences between the British and U.S.
      reporting system. It appears that attitudes on opposite sides of the
      Atlantic Ocean are very different when it comes to the required
      reporting and recording of this type of event.
      Air Law stipulates quite clearly that if an operating crew of an
      aircraft see another aircraft in a place that it should not be, then
      at the earliest opportunity the whole scenario is to be reported to
      the relevant authority. In my case the British Civil Aviation
      Authority knew within 20 minutes of the sighting what was seen, as
      described in the flight log faxed directly to the relevant CAA office.
      The military were informed by Jersey Air Traffic Control at the same
      time. This is not an option; it is an obligation that crews react in
      this manner.
      In my experience, having reported the incident as required has had no
      negative effect. And there was no problem with me talking about it on
      British television. Indeed, my company Aurigny Air Services have
      offered every support to date. The assistance of Jersey ATC in
      releasing recorded information to myself and the investigating team
      has been a great benefit. I did not feel that I was in any danger of
      being ridiculed, because all I did was report what actually happened,
      as was my duty.
      I heard about the multiple witness sighting at Chicago O?Hare Airport
      ? a year ago, on November 7, 2006. I was surprised to hear how this
      was handled. Despite many pilots and airport personnel witnessing the
      object hovering over the terminal, there was no investigation by the
      FAA. It appears that pressure may have been applied to crew members by
      their company not to discuss this incident.
      These witnesses were afraid to talk about what they saw, due to
      concerns about job security. The FAA told the witnesses that what they
      saw was actually not what they saw ? but that it was simply weather.
      I would have been shocked if I was told that the CAA would obstruct an
      investigation, or if the CAA told me that what I had seen was
      something entirely different. But it seems that pilots in America are
      used to this kind of thing, as far as I can tell.
      I would urge all aircrew to report whatever they see as soon as
      possible, and to stand up and be counted. It is only when crucial
      witnesses such as professional pilots make reports that the
      authorities will be kick-started into a broader investigation of these

      My name is Jean-Claude Ribes and I am an astronomer, working for the
      French Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique from 1963 to 1998.
      I contributed to the French COMETA report, a three year military study
      on UFOs and National Security released in 1999, and more recently to
      the book ?Phenomenes aerospatiaux non identifies,? under the direction
      of Yves Sillard, chairman of the Steering Committee of GEIPAN. He
      asked me to represent him and GEIPAN here today. General Denis Letty,
      chairman of the COMETA group, also asked me to represent him here,
      because he was unable to attend.
      The COMETA report was written mainly by high ranking military people
      from the French High Studies Institute for National Defence. It
      analyzes the possible explanations for UFOs and their implications in
      terms of Defence, with the extraterrestrial hypothesis presented as
      the most logical one, even if not formally proven. Some
      recommendations are made, including that all managers of the Army,
      Police, Politics, and pilots be informed about UFOs; that detection
      systems be modified to take UFOs into account; and that the French
      government contact the United States and other allied countries to
      initiate cooperative action on the subject. So far, these
      recommendations have not been implemented.
      However, last March, my country took a big step forward. Jacques
      Patenet, current director of GEIPAN, released the French UFO files to
      the public. They were posted on a website - more than 1,600 sightings
      spanning five decades. Some cases involved multiple sightings and
      physical evidence such as burn marks and radar trackings. Others
      documented UFOs with flight patterns or accelerations defying the laws
      of physics. M. Patenet told the press at the time that "We do not have
      any proof at all that extra-terrestrials are behind the unexplained
      phenomena. Nor do we have any proof at all that they aren't.?
      GEIPAN?s Steering Committee plays an important role, with
      representatives from the Army, Police, Civil Aviation, Meteorology and
      the scientific community. This Committee insures the best conditions
      for gathering reports by instructing the agencies involved in
      investigations, and by protecting any witnesses who request anonymity
      for fear of ridicule.
      My personal opinion is that UFOs should be taken seriously and studied
      without prejudice. There may be several possible explanations, such as
      rare atmospheric phenomena, but some cases strongly suggest actual
      flying machines with characteristics well beyond our terrestrial
      capacities. If these cases could be completely proven as such, then
      the extraterrestrial hypothesis would probably be the most likely
      explanation for these advanced craft. Admittedly, it is a fantastic
      possibility, but not an irrational one, given the data that we have.

      I am Oscar Santa Maria Huertas, official pilot of the Peruvian Air
      Force, currently retired.
      On April 11, 1980, at 7:15 in the morning, 1800 men were in formation
      at the Air Base of La Joya, Arequipa.
      They all observed a stationary object in the sky which looked like a
      balloon, at about three miles distance, and approximately 1,800 feet
      altitude. It was luminous because it reflected the sun.
      My unit commander ordered me to takeoff in my Sukoi -22 jet to shoot
      down the spherical object. It was in restricted airspace, without
      clearance, and we were concerned about espionage.
      I approached the object and strafed sixty-four 30mm shells at it. Some
      projectiles went towards the ground, and others hit the object fully,
      but they had no effect at all. The projectiles didn?t bounce off;
      probably they were absorbed. The cone-shaped ?wall of fire? that I
      sent out would normally obliterate anything in its path .
      The object then began to ascend, and move farther away from the base.
      When I was at about 36,000 ft., it made a sudden stop, forcing me to
      veer to the side since I was only 1500 feet away. I flew up higher to
      attack it from above, but just as I had locked on to the target and
      was ready to shoot, the object made a straight vertical climb evading
      the attack.
      Two more times I had the object on target, when the object was
      stationary. Each time, it moved away at the very last minute, when I
      was just about to fire, always eluding my attack.
      I decided to climb at full thrust to get above the object, but it
      began to ascend almost parallel to my plane, and when I reached 63,000
      ft., it stopped.
      At this point, I came to within about 300 feet of the UFO. It was
      about 30 feet in diameter. It was an enamelled, cream-colored dome,
      with a wide, circular, metallic base. It had no engines, no exhausts,
      no windows, no wings or antennae. It lacked all the typical aircraft
      components, with no visible propulsion system.
      It was at that moment that I realized this it was not a spying device,
      but that it was a UFO, something totally unknown. I was almost out of
      fuel, so I couldn?t attack or maneuver my plane, or make a high speed
      escape. I was afraid. I thought I might be finished.
      When I had calmed own, I radioed for another plane to come and have a
      look, trying to hide my fear. They said no, it?s too high, just come
      back. I had to glide part way down due to lack of fuel, zigzagging to
      make my plane harder to hit, always with my eyes on the rearview
      mirrors hoping it wouldn?t chase me. It didn?t.
      I had spent 22 minutes maneuvering with this object. After I landed,
      the object remained stationary in the sky for two hours, for everyone
      at the base to see.
      A US Department of Defense document titled ?UFO Sighted in Peru?
      described the incident, stating that the vehicle?s origin remains unknown.
      It still gives me chills to think about it.
      Oscar Alfonso Santa María Huertas
      DNI: 40315515

      In 1997, during my second term as Governor of Arizona, I saw something
      that defied logic and challenged my reality. I witnessed a massive
      delta-shaped craft silently navigating over the Squaw Peak, Mountain
      Preserve in Phoenix, Arizona. It was truly breathtaking.
      To my astonishment this apparition appeared, and it was a solid
      structure; dramatically large with a very distinctive leading edge
      including embedded lights. It was traveling through the Arizona sky. I
      still don?t know what it was. As a pilot and a former Air Force
      Officer, I can definitively say that this craft did not resemble any
      man made object I'd ever seen. And it was certainly not high-altitude
      flares because flares don't fly in formation. The incident was
      witnessed by hundreds, if not thousands of people in Arizona and my
      office was besieged with phone calls from very concerned Arizonians.
      The growing hysteria intensified when the story broke nationally. I
      decided to lighten the mood of the state by calling a press conference
      where my chief of staff arrived in an alien costume. We managed to
      lessen the sense of panic but at the same time, upset many of my
      constituents. I would now like to set the record straight. I never
      meant to ridicule anyone. My office did make inquiries as to the
      origin of the craft, but to this day, they remain unanswered.
      Eventually the Air National Guard claimed responsibility stating that
      their pilots were dropping flares. This is indicative of the attitude
      from official channels. We get explanations that fly in the face of
      the facts. Explanations like weather balloons, swamp gas and military
      flares. I was never happy with this silly explanation. There might
      very well have been military flares in the sky later that evening, but
      what I and hundreds of others saw had nothing to do with that.
      I now know that I am not alone in witnessing something extraordinary.
      There are many high ranking military, aviation and government
      officials who share my concerns; some of them have joined me here
      today. There is absolutely no doubt as to the veracity of what these
      men have told you. They have fought in wars, guarded top secret
      weapons arsenals and flown countless passengers throughout the world?s
      Incidents like these are not going away. One year ago, Chicago's
      O'Hare airport experienced a UFO event that made national and
      international headlines. Pilots and many other airline employees
      observed a metallic disc hovering over the United Airlines terminal
      for several minutes. It then shot straight up and cut a hole in the
      clouds. The FAA did not investigate, dismissing the sighting as ?weather.?
      We want the US government to stop perpetuating the myth that ALL UFOs
      can be explained away in down-to-earth, conventional terms. Instead,
      our country needs to re-open its official investigation that it shut
      down in 1969. The US government can no longer shun an international
      dialogue about this, and we invite the government to work in
      cooperation with the countries represented at this table.
      When it comes to events of this nature dealing with the great unknown,
      we deserve more openness and a serious pursuit of the facts by our

      International Declaration to the United States Government
      Facilitated by the Coalition for Freedom of Information
      November 12, 2007
      We, the signatories below, with backgrounds and careers in government,
      aviation, or the military, hereby present this declaration as a result
      of our common experience and purpose. While on active duty, each of us
      has either been a witness to an incident involving an unidentified
      flying object or has conducted an official investigation into UFO
      cases relevant to aviation safety, national security, or for the
      benefit of science.
      We use the term ?unidentified flying objects? (UFOs) simply to mean
      any airborne phenomena that cannot be identified or explained, a
      definition first used by the U.S. Air Force in the 1950?s. We make no
      claim as to the nature or origin of these objects.
      While most UFO sightings can be explained as misidentifications of
      known objects or natural phenomena, those governments that have
      studied them, including some with which these signatories have been on
      staff, have consistently found that a small percentage of sightings
      defy conventional explanation. Reports of these incidents often
      involve credible witnesses such as police officers, military
      personnel, pilots and air traffic controllers, and include solid,
      official documentation.
      We believe that for reasons of both national security and flight
      safety, every country should make an effort to identify any object in
      its airspace. Especially after the attacks of 9/11 it is no longer
      satisfactory to ignore radar returns for which no transponder data are
      available and/or which cannot be associated with performances of
      existing aircraft and helicopters. While civil aviation radars and air
      traffic controllers mainly rely on secondary radar, military air
      defense radars should be configured such as to detect and track any
      object in the air, even when static or operating at very slow or very
      high speeds.
      In this regard, we refer to the incident that occurred at O?Hare
      International Airport in November, 2006 when a metallic disc was
      observed hovering over the United Airlines terminal for several
      minutes. Since it was not detected on radar, the Federal Aviation
      Administration declined to investigate. The FAA also did not accept
      the many corroborating reports from United Airlines pilots and other
      personnel at face value, dismissing the sighting as ?weather.? We
      suggest that prejudice against the term 'UFO' and against reports of
      unknowns could lead officials to dismiss sightings that involve
      unconventional aircraft or unmanned aerial vehicles engaged in
      espionage or terrorist activity, especially when radar returns are not
      However, important sightings have also been ignored when radar is not
      a factor. Even though hundreds of citizens witnessed a massive
      triangular object traveling over Arizona in 1997, the U.S. government
      ignored inquiries from state officials about the incident, and never
      offered the public any explanation about this invasion of US airspace
      by a strange, unknown flying machine. We believe this kind of
      disengagement represents both a missed opportunity and a potential risk.
      We maintain that a restive, concerned public has the right to be
      informed of the facts about UFO incidents that are well-documented and
      involve multiple witnesses. In addition, science lacks potentially
      important knowledge that may be gained by the study of these events
      involving objects demonstrating speeds, maneuvers or other
      characteristics that challenge our current scientific paradigm.
      We, the undersigned, ask the United States to join in cooperation with
      those governments which, recognizing the reality of unidentified
      flying objects and related aviation safety concerns, have already set
      up their own investigative agencies. Following in the footsteps of its
      now defunct Project Blue Book, we propose that the United States Air
      Force reopen its research effort, or that the National Aeronautics and
      Space Administration initiate such a research effort, to address the
      international concerns stated herein, provide needed reassurance and
      increase scientific understanding.
      We call on the United States of America to engage with us and with
      currently active officials around the world to address this problem in
      an ongoing dialogue, beginning with the gathering of some of the
      signatories below in Washington, DC on this 12th of November, 2007.
      Vasily Alexeyev - Major General, Russian Air Force, Space
      Communications Center in Russia
      Ricardo Bermudez S. - General, Brigada Aérea (Ret.); Former President
      of the CEFAA, Chile
      Ray Bowyer - Captain, Aurigny Air Services, Channel Islands, UK
      Wilfried De Brouwer - Major General, Deputy Chief of Staff Operations
      and Planning (Ret.)
      Belgian Air Force
      John Callahan - Division Chief of Accidents, Evaluations and
      Investigations, FAA (Ret.)
      Don C. Donderi, Ph.D. - McGill University; Contract Researcher, Dept.
      of National Defence, Canada
      Julio Cesar Chamorro Flores - Comandante Peruvian Air Force (Ret.);
      Founder of the OIFAA, 2001
      Rodrigo Bravo Garrido - Officer Chilean Army, Military Pilot,
      Associate with CEFAA
      Richard F. Haines, Ph.D. - Sr. NASA Research Scientist (Ret.)
      Charles I. Halt - Col. USAF (Ret.), Former Director, Inspections
      Directorate, DOD I.G.
      Parviz Jafari ? General, Iranian Air Force (Ret)
      Denis Letty - Major General, French Air Force (Ret.); Chairman of COMETA
      Oscar Santa Maria - Commander and Fighter Pilot of the Peruvian Air
      Force (Ret).
      Anthony Choy Montes - Lawyer, researcher with the OIFAA, Peruvian Air
      Force, 2001-2003
      James Penniston ? TSgt, US Air Force (Ret.)
      Nick Pope - Ministry of Defence, UK, 1985-2006
      Jean-Claude Ribes - Astronomer, Centre National de la Recherche
      Scientifique, France, 1963-1998
      Yves Sillard - Chair of the Steering Committee, GEIPAN in France
      Fife Symington III - Governor of Arizona, 1991-1997
      Contact: Leslie Kean
      My Website: http://antigray.tripod.com/
      Check out all the pages on the site. I wrote it like a tabloid
      newspaper so that I could impress on readers an outline of what has
      been going on throughout history.

      The publisher's website to order my book is at:

      WARNING reveals a frightening alien agenda, a long-term program of
      social domination and periodic controlled genocide. Mankind is now in
      great danger. We have a terrible problem to overcome. Resolution
      requires international solidarity, then forcible negotiation with the

      Copy of Book Cover:

      "Warning" by Art Greenfield
      ISBN: 1-59113-358-0
      Copyright © 2005 by Art Greenfield

      Barnes & Noble:

    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.