The Alternate Realities Center and Appalachian GhostWalks

  • Appalachian GhostWalks
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2007
      Hello Everyone...

      Greetings and Felicitations. My name is Stacey Allen McGee, and I'm the founder and National Director of the Alternate Realties Center and have been a member of this yahoo group for around two years, or so. So sorry that we haven't posted more in recent months, but we have been so very busy of late...

      Our not-for-profit paranormal research organization is based in Northeast Tennessee and has been conducting studies of the Southern Appalachian Mountain Region of the United States, including Upper East Tennessee and the Southwest Virginia Highlands since before the very first Season Premier of the X-Files when the organization was founded in February of 1994...

      Our website is www.AlternateRealitiesCenter.com and we do everything from UFOs and Alien Abduction to Bigfoot Sightings, and Ghosts. We have one of, if not the largest UFO / Paranormal Photogalleries on the Internet and have received nearly five million website hits so far this year...

      We also teach a college level Ghost Hunter Certification Course which has become one of the most reknown classes for excellence in paranormal studies and is taught on a college lecture circuit throughout the United States. If anyone in the group is interested pursuing a deeper understanding of the unseen world, I highly encourage you to follow-up on that by paying a visit to the ghost hunter store on our site at www.AppalachianGhostWalks.com for more information on how to enroll for the two day weekend seminar. Also, if you prefer to have more information sent via email, send a message to Info@... and I'll be glad to send you full details...

      Meanwhile, we recently forwarded the following news release to the media nationwide and thought we would share this with the rest of the group as we donate ten percent of our profits annually to Saint Jude's Children's Research Hospital and appreciate your assistance in helping to get the word out about our tours and invite you to spend your next "Haunted Vacation" with us. Please call us at (423) 743-WALK (9255) if you should have any questions, or would like to make reservations...

      APPALACHIAN GHOSTWALKS' AMONGST THE TOP FIVE GHOST TOURS IN AMERICA
      PRESS RELEASE - For Immediate Distribution
      Dated: September 28th, 2007

      TRICITIES, Tennessee - Fall is fast approaching and now is the time when we start to turn our attention to brightly colored leaves, corn mazes, and other fun festivities - like doing a ghost tour ! In addition, it's that time of year when we all start dreaming of our next get away. Why not start a new tradition this year and bring your whole family, or tour group on a Tennessee "Haunted Vacation" with Appalachian GhostWalks' Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia Ghost Tours...

      "Appalachian GhostWalks" has designed tour packages to help save Tennessee travelers money on their next visit to the mountains. Additional information on all of their "Spook and Save" vacation partners is available on their award winning website where visitors will find links to their "Discount Haunted Vacation Planning Packages". Here, you will find a variety of elegant, quaint, old-world style, and haunted bed and breakfasts, but also more modernized accomodations for those who prefer an alternate setting for their stay...

      Voted one of the top five ghost tours in America for 2007 and 2008 by Haunted America in New Orleans as of September 1st, 2007, Appalachian GhostWalks offers a variety of vacation packages they offer which feature many types of activities and area attactions. Tennessee travelers receive discounts from all of Appalachian GhostWalks' "Spook and Save" partners when including one, or more of their wonderful historically accurate ghost tours in their next trip in and through the mountains. There are day and night activities available to ensure that there is something to keep you as well as all of your traveling companions enchanted and entertained, all while saving money...

      There are ten different tours in Tennessee and Virginia available to choose from including: Haunted and Historic Jonesborough, Blountville, Erwin and the Unicoi County Heritage Museum, Greeneville, Rogersville, and Abingdon. There are presently three tours in historic Johnson City, formerly known as the "Village of Blue Plum" as well as "Johnson's Depot". These tours include: Tipton-Haynes Historic Site where your guide is a blood relative of Col. John Tipton who built the historic cabin on the property; the Campus of East Tennessee State University - with ghostly stories of hauntings as told by the faculty and staff since 1911; and finally, our newest tour as of June 2007, Johnson City's "Little Chicago GhostWalk"...

      Together with their Haunted Historic Tennessee Ghost Tours, Appalachian GhostWalks can help you plan an entire vacation itinerary to suit your group's specific interests and needs. They cater to both couples, as well as larger groups. With a simple phone call, their knowledgable staff will be glad to discuss your interests and desires to help you create a memorable Tennessee Vacation designed specifically by and for you and your travel companions. Each historical tour offers a piece of a larger puzzle as your guide weaves a chilly tale of our region's rich cultural heritage, real history, and spine-tingling, true ghost stories...

      Appalachian GhostWalks is more than just haunted and historic ghost tours. Their award winning "Spook and Save" discount vacation program is really gaining in popularity. The Unicoi County based company won a Merit Award at this year's 2007 Pinnacle Awards with the Northeast Tennessee Tourism Association and continues to grow currently boasting that business is four hundred percent above projected levels from this time last year...

      Travel discounts are available on accommodations for recreational vehicles and tourists including a wonderful choice of very historic and sometimes haunted bed and breakfasts, camping, white water rafting, caving, bike and horseback riding, a local gem mine, a day at the spa, planetarium shows, barge and carriage rides, area museums and exhibits, visits to local water parks, skiing, seeing a live play, or a concert, casual and fine dining, with more on the way...

      Now offering so many ways to save and make the most of your visit to the Southern Appalachian Mountains, Appalachian GhostWalks and Ghost Tours invites you and that special someone, to start a new tradition this year and enjoy the fall leaves as a couple, a family, or an entire tour group with one of their attractive "Haunted Vacations". Visit their award winning website at www.AppalachianGhostWalks.com for additional information...

      When you're ready to "Take a Haunted Vacation" call the folks at Appalachian GhostWalks and Ghost Tours to make reservations for a hauntingly unforgettable experience. You'll have a "SPOOKtacular" good time. For additional information, or to make reservations please call (423) 743-WALK (9255)...

      Very truly and hauntingly yours...

      Stacey Allen McGee
      Tour Director, Appalachian GhostWalks
      Website: www.AppalachianGhostWalks.com

      Founder of The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center
      Website: www.AlternateRealitiesCenter.com

      Email: Info@...
      Address: P.O. Box 153, Unicoi, TN 37692
      Office Telephone: (423) 743-WALK (9255)