Re: [UFOnet] Re:Reply Geoff......Gulf Breeze Sightings

  • bert vere
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8 7:51 PM
      Thats about the way the cookie crumbles ....the earnest and honest are dust beneath the boots of the self righteous....tell it like it is Sandy, i get tired of these smarmy know it all comments from the self appointed gurus in the peanut gallery too.
      bertvere

      wsmith51@... wrote:

      In a message dated 7/8/2007 1:50:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
      Geoffrich@... writes:

      Proper research will illuminate just how flawed your thinking is, yours is
      the type of hypotheses that sells books to unwitting people - it is a con.
      Geoff Richardson

      Now Geoff,

      Do not put me in the same category with those people whose main purpose for
      being in this field is to sell books at the expense of the truth. You have
      never met me in person but yet you have judged and labeled me based on my
      beliefs as compared to your beliefs. Though I may disagree with differing beliefs
      shared by you and others, I have never slammed anybody for their beliefs, or
      have ever told them to just wait and see and you will know sometime in the
      future and it will be proven that I am right and you are wrong..........

      My main purpose for being in this field and speaking out publicly like I do,
      is the hope of possibly helping myself and maybe others in expanding the
      awareness and believing in something other than what we all have been
      brainwashed to believe. The main purpose of this list and others should be the free
      exchange of beliefs between those who are either taking the first step or to
      give support to those already on the journey of expanded awareness without being
      slammed for their beliefs. Disagreeing with the assortment of beliefs is a
      good thing, but slinging criticism, hurling inaccurate innuendoes and
      arbitrarily placing an individual into a certain category is tantamount to being a
      total asshole who believes they have all the answers and the rest of us are
      just dumb shits..........

      I have given away more books than I have sold. I have discounted the price
      of my books for those with limited funds. I have never charged a speaking fee
      anywhere I have spoken, and only rarely have I ever asked to be compensated
      for travel expenses. Fifty percent of that which I have written for others to
      publish in magazines, books, newspapers or any other media type outlets, I
      have written for free. I have charged only those publications a writing fee if
      the majority of their revenue is based on advertisements and the number of
      subscribers.......

      Before your last e-mail I valued your beliefs, and apparently I falsely
      assumed you valued mine and others as well and would never tell someone they were
      fucking wrong for sharing their individuals beliefs. I guess I was wrong.

      PS....Your reply in your first paragraph was fine with me. It was simply a
      difference of opinions, and I have no problems with that. It was your last
      sentenced that pissed me off when you slammed me and compared me to a con man
      simply because of my beliefs.

      Sandy Nichols

    • Geoff Richardson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 9 6:23 AM
        Now Sandy, I have no wish to offend you on a personal basis but it cannot be denied by any reasonable and proper thinking person that the whole topic of abduction by aliens relates more to the ancient stories of monsters and giants that have become folklore - fairies, trolls and giants that magic people away whilst they sleep.
        I have seen a person suffer sleep paralysis, night terrors, whatever description you wish to give to the condition, who for years was told she was an abductee - when she married it came to light that whilst she was convinced she was being whisked away in the dead of night, she was actually going nowhere and her husband sat on the bed next to her until the nightmare passed. It is an appalling medical condition that sufferers need help and understanding with rather than exploiting. I use the word "exploiting" deliberately because these situations are used to the advantage of those who, for whatever reason, benefit from the alien abduction theory. On top of this sufferers have been subjected to hypnotic regression by self-taught amateurs which again has been proven to be highly dangerous to the mental health of the sufferer - and for a fee probably.
        Another similar fraud is the concept that there is a mystery planet in our solar system which has orbits the Sun in such a way that beings can occasionally access our planet and mate with human beings.
        It does not take an expert astronomer to calculate that the orbit of such a planet would have to be so elliptical that most of the time it would be so far from our Sun that life, presumably similar to human life, would be totally impossible to sustain. Surely it is reasonable to assume that these extra-planet people would have to be somewhat similar to humans in order to breed with us.
        I sincerely hope that I manage to keep an open mind in matters Ufological and I am quite convinced that there are many questions that need answers but this won't happen if the truth is covered with layers of untruths and imaginings.
        I would ask one question - how many "suspected abductees" have been told by so-called experts that they really do need to seek professional medical advice? Any at all? Well quite possibly there are a few but the vast majority are without doubt told that they are abductees and the only people they will get understanding from are those who believe they are also abductees. I would estimate that over 96% of abductees receive no such professional help and their beliefs are compounded by people who have such fundamentalist beliefs that they will allow no proper questioning.
        Sandy, again, I have no wish to offend you personally but the whole belief system of alien abduction should be closely scrutinised - along with those who insist that if you don't follow their doctrines then you are wrong, almost a type of blasphemy.
        Geoff

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9 9:32 AM
          Geoff -

          I have the greatest possible respect for you and your opinions. On
          the vast majority of subjects, I found that you easily and clearly
          present both sides. Then, and only then, you offer your opinion.
          And you usually state that it is just your opinion.

          Having said that, I'm at a loss to understand your approach to
          abduction.

          Aren't you aware that by no means all abductions occur at night to
          people who are half asleep? I don't know what the percentage
          breakdown is, but I would question whether abductions from sleep make
          up even the majority of abductions.

          And there are the witnessed- and group- abductions, which certainly
          are outside the material you present, but self-verified.

          As to hypnotic regression - I know little about hypnosis, and only a
          smidgen about human psychology - BUT - it is hardly logical (or
          professional - more to the point hardly like your normal demeanor) to
          write off every practicioner of hypnosis as a fake and a charlatan.

          I seriously question whether you may not have an episode of abduction
          that you are trying to hide from yourself. I this possible?

          Respectfully, Peggi Short

          --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Geoff Richardson" <Geoffrich@...>
          wrote:

          > Now Sandy, I have no wish to offend you on a personal basis but it
          cannot be denied by any reasonable and proper thinking person that
          the whole topic of abduction by aliens relates more to the ancient
          stories of monsters and giants that have become folklore - fairies,
          trolls and giants that magic people away whilst they sleep.
          > I have seen a person suffer sleep paralysis, night terrors,
          whatever description you wish to give to the condition, who for years
          was told she was an abductee - when she married it came to light that
          whilst she was convinced she was being whisked away in the dead of
          night, she was actually going nowhere and her husband sat on the bed
          next to her until the nightmare passed. It is an appalling medical
          condition that sufferers need help and understanding with rather than
          exploiting. I use the word "exploiting" deliberately because these
          situations are used to the advantage of those who, for whatever
          reason, benefit from the alien abduction theory. On top of this
          sufferers have been subjected to hypnotic regression by self-taught
          amateurs which again has been proven to be highly dangerous to the
          mental health of the sufferer - and for a fee probably.
          > Another similar fraud is the concept that there is a mystery planet
          in our solar system which has orbits the Sun in such a way that
          beings can occasionally access our planet and mate with human beings.
          > It does not take an expert astronomer to calculate that the orbit
          of such a planet would have to be so elliptical that most of the time
          it would be so far from our Sun that life, presumably similar to
          human life, would be totally impossible to sustain. Surely it is
          reasonable to assume that these extra-planet people would have to be
          somewhat similar to humans in order to breed with us.
          > I sincerely hope that I manage to keep an open mind in matters
          Ufological and I am quite convinced that there are many questions
          that need answers but this won't happen if the truth is covered with
          layers of untruths and imaginings.
          > I would ask one question - how many "suspected abductees" have been
          told by so-called experts that they really do need to seek
          professional medical advice? Any at all? Well quite possibly there
          are a few but the vast majority are without doubt told that they are
          abductees and the only people they will get understanding from are
          those who believe they are also abductees. I would estimate that over
          96% of abductees receive no such professional help and their beliefs
          are compounded by people who have such fundamentalist beliefs that
          they will allow no proper questioning.
          > Sandy, again, I have no wish to offend you personally but the whole
          belief system of alien abduction should be closely scrutinised -
          along with those who insist that if you don't follow their doctrines
          then you are wrong, almost a type of blasphemy.
          > Geoff

        • Cliff Gieseke
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 9 10:58 AM
            In taped hypnotic regression sessions I transcribed as a MUFON volunteer, I heard no real indication that the hypnotherapists were trying to mislead the "abductee." They seemed professional and cautious. ... When a couple (not married - the was woman was an employee, returning from a sales show in another city with her employer) "abducted" they were regressed in seperate sessions and told not to discuss the incident until both sessions had been completed. ... Caution and reasonable skepticism is fine, but many cases cannot be easily explained away. Doing so seems more like an attempt to repress uncomfortable truth.

            -- Cliff Gieseke

            wrote:

            > Now Sandy, I have no wish to offend you on a personal basis but it
            cannot be denied by any reasonable and proper thinking person that
            the whole topic of abduction by aliens relates more to the ancient
            stories of monsters and giants that have become folklore - fairies,
            trolls and giants that magic people away whilst they sleep.
            > I have seen a person suffer sleep paralysis, night terrors,
            whatever description you wish to give to the condition, who for years
            was told she was an abductee - when she married it came to light that
            whilst she was convinced she was being whisked away in the dead of
            night, she was actually going nowhere and her husband sat on the bed
            next to her until the nightmare passed. It is an appalling medical
            condition that sufferers need help and understanding with rather than
            exploiting. I use the word "exploiting" deliberately because these
            situations are used to the advantage of those who, for whatever
            reason, benefit from the alien abduction theory. On top of this
            sufferers have been subjected to hypnotic regression by self-taught
            amateurs which again has been proven to be highly dangerous to the
            mental health of the sufferer - and for a fee probably.
            > Another similar fraud is the concept that there is a mystery planet
            in our solar system which has orbits the Sun in such a way that
            beings can occasionally access our planet and mate with human beings.
            > It does not take an expert astronomer to calculate that the orbit
            of such a planet would have to be so elliptical that most of the time
            it would be so far from our Sun that life, presumably similar to
            human life, would be totally impossible to sustain. Surely it is
            reasonable to assume that these extra-planet people would have to be
            somewhat similar to humans in order to breed with us.
            > I sincerely hope that I manage to keep an open mind in matters
            Ufological and I am quite convinced that there are many questions
            that need answers but this won't happen if the truth is covered with
            layers of untruths and imaginings.
            > I would ask one question - how many "suspected abductees" have been
            told by so-called experts that they really do need to seek
            professional medical advice? Any at all? Well quite possibly there
            are a few but the vast majority are without doubt told that they are
            abductees and the only people they will get understanding from are
            those who believe they are also abductees. I would estimate that over
            96% of abductees receive no such professional help and their beliefs
            are compounded by people who have such fundamentalist beliefs that
            they will allow no proper questioning.
            > Sandy, again, I have no wish to offend you personally but the whole
            belief system of alien abduction should be closely scrutinised -
            along with those who insist that if you don't follow their doctrines
            then you are wrong, almost a type of blasphemy.
            > Geoff

          • bert vere

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 9 1:17 PM
                Then theres the ufo that abducted the sargeant at the white sands missle testing grounds...witnessed by an officer who was accompanying him that day out in the desert.....They searched three days till they "foundd "his body gutted and cut up like the "abducted"animals you have heard about...This is documented stuff Geoff, and hardly to be taken lightly...You may have no respect for those who have beliefs that they were abducted,but theres ample evidence for its taking place...Then theres the ones who have been abducted, and their spouses cant find them..(they are not in bed) their bodies physically gone...till they are returned to the place they were abducted from...sometimes dressed in others clothing and sometimes merely dumped on the lawn instead of returned to their beds....
                Theres way more but your wisdom is too wise for me...you onviously have a "problem"with abduction, and i really am in no mood to argue the point with such a closed mind...bertvere