Filer's Files #34

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 1999
      Filer's Files #34 -- 1999, MUFON Skywatch Investigations George A.
      Filer, Director, Mutual UFO Network Eastern August 27, 1999,
      Majorstar@... (609) 654-0020

      EXELLENT SIGHTINGS INCREASE WORLDWIDE IN JULY AND AUGUST

      NEW JERSEY

      MARMORA - Richard Baker writes that he sighted a strange disc shaped
      craft on August 23, 1999, while taking out the garbage. He writes
      that, the object flew over me at 8:47 PM. As soon as I started
      staring at it, the object vanished. The sighting lasted only a few
      seconds, but on either side of the basic disk were two short wings
      with pods at the ends. Marmora is located twenty miles south east of
      Atlantic City. Thanks to Richard Baker.

      PHILLIPSBURG -- On August 9, 1999, a rocket like object was sighted in
      the southwest sky over nearby Pennsylvania. The witness using
      binoculars saw a rocket or missile shaped object shoot straight up
      until lost from view. Thanks to Peter Davenport Director National UFO
      Reporting Center (NUFORC) Note: This report is reminiscent of a
      surface to air missile launch.

      PENNSYLVANIA FLYING TRIANGLES AND RECTANGLE

      NINEVEH -- Peter B. Davenport, Director NUFORC, sent the following
      sightings.. On August 18, 1999, a married couple was driving south on
      Route 18, three miles north of Nineveh near Pittsburgh at 10:55 PM.
      As their car rounded a bend in the highway, both the husband and wife
      suddenly became aware of a strange cluster of lights not too far ahead
      of them. The lights were an estimated 100 feet above the ground, and
      not more than 125 feet away from them. They stopped the car and
      exited the vehicle to inspect the lights more closely. They saw two
      very large, distinctively triangular shaped UFOs, each of which they
      estimated to be 100 feet in width. The craft seemed suspended
      virtually motionless above the ground. The objects exhibited red,
      blue, and white lights. The front of portion of the craft had
      prominent transparent windows. The witnesses estimated the dimension
      of the windows as two by three feet. They could see the lighted
      interiors of the craft through the windows. Both witnesses stood and
      watched the craft for 60 seconds as the objects drifted in unwavering
      formation slowly to the north. The craft passed over a small hill and
      disappeared.

      LANCASTER COUNTY - A large rectangular craft was reported July 23,
      1999, resting on the ground at 11:31 PM. The craft was approximately
      150 feet long and 50 feet wide with windows and antenna. The witness
      stated, "About midnight I decided to begin driving back to
      Philadelphia from my aunt's house in rural Lancaster County. When I
      went out side to leave, I saw a huge object sitting in a field
      directly across from her front door. It was as big as a foot ball
      field judging by the nearby trees. The craft lit up like daylight
      with lights all around the bottom and windows with bright bluish/white
      light inside. At first I thought someone had put up a large 'double
      wide' mobile home in the couple hours I was visiting my aunt. Then I
      realized the object was larger than any mobile home, and would be as
      large as four of these put end to end. I also noticed a number of
      antennas and other 'garbage' sticking and jutting out from the top and
      sides. I ran back inside. My aunt came out and was a bit shaken by
      all this. I was pretty scared too, but I was intrigued. It was just
      weird. We watched for ten minutes as the craft began making a very
      low sound. Like a buzzing wire that isn't plugged into the stereo
      correctly, but with more variation in pitch and allot deeper. You
      could feel the vibration in the pit of your stomach and my aunt felt
      sick. The craft then began to lift off the ground and turn. I could
      clearly see it was a rectangle as it slowly turned its narrower side
      towards us. The craft turned off some of its lights and began moving
      steadily upward in an awkward wobbling motion, almost as if it was too
      heavy to support its own weight. We were not that far away when the
      sound became more intense. My aunt went back inside for fear that the
      craft might crash. It managed to lift off vertically and turn itself
      90 degrees after reaching about three times the height of the tops of
      the trees. Then for about a 25 to 45 seconds it began shaking wildly.
      It began to accelerate like the space shuttle, but only with that low
      humming sound not a rocket's roar. After it started shooting upwards
      it was nearly out of sight within 10 minutes, becoming nothing more
      than a slowly moving star. I called the local TV station and they
      knew nothing about it and suggested I call the sheriff's department.
      I did and they said they had a couple reports of odd lights in the sky
      and they passed them to MUFON. Afterwards, I was firmly shocked. I
      have never believed in this stuff until now and I feel we are about to
      be taken over. I got a very 'sinister' feeling from that object.
      Like it was scouting for a place to set up operations in the future or
      something. "I felt it was giant processing center."

      HUNTINGDON VALLEY -- On July 23, 1999, a derby shaped disk craft was
      observed traveling west-to east at 11:12 PM. The UFO was an
      illuminated silver object with crystal bright lights under the craft.
      A laser beam of light was projected from the rear of the craft
      scanning the ground. The object made no sound. Thanks to: Peter B.
      Davenport, Director NUFORC, www.ufocenter.com.

      PAOLI -- Jimmy Sullivan reports that on August 11, 1999, "My sister
      and I saw a spotlight with red lights surrounding an amber light at
      9:37 PM." It was not moving. So, I went inside to get my UFO book.
      I came back in about ten seconds and it was gone. I still remember
      the color of the lights and I remembered the spotlight. The colors
      matched what the book showed. That is how I found out it was a UFO.
      Thanks to Dave Ledger, UFO Scotland

      GIANT DISC OVER VIRGINIA

      ROCKY MOUNT - On August 1, 1999, a giant disc UFO was seen four miles
      southeast of Rocky Mount at 3:45 PM. The disc was a giant craft well
      over 100 feet in diameter. It tilted slightly down toward its
      direction of travel. We were going north on a county road toward Route
      619, when the craft caught my attention. It was located a mile east
      of my position over or near the county landfill. At first I thought
      it was a helicopter as I saw it out of the corner of my eye. I
      immediately stopped my car and got out and looked directly at it. I
      got back in the car screaming at my partner to wake up and look at
      this thing. I backed up the car, spinning its wheels so we could
      chase the craft. I could tell that it was not a helicopter. The UFO
      Was easily bigger than any aircraft that I have ever seen. It had two
      distinct lines running around the edges with large lights or windows
      running between the lines. It had a tarnished silver color to it and
      appeared to glow. It made no sound as it moved silently north behind
      the trees. The trees did not move as the craft moved toward them.
      The air was completely still. You could hear traffic coming north on
      Route 220. After determining that this thing could definitely hear me
      and knowing that it could see me, I left the county at a high rate of
      speed and didn't look back. Thanks to Peter Davenport at the National
      Reporting Center. www.ufocenter.com.

      OHIO DISC AND FLYING TRIANGLE

      DAYTON -- Four individuals standing on a rooftop at 11:00 PM on
      Tuesday, August 17, 1999, witnessed a "large" distinctly triangular
      object. Orange light radiated from its edges. It streaked from west
      to east, suddenly turning to the south, and disappeared. RAVENNA -
      Radio station WNIR FM 100.1 FM reported the sighting of a disc shaped
      object on July 24, 1999. Reportedly, the witness saw a disc 200 feet
      above him that sprayed a cool clear liquid on him. He was taken to
      Robinson Memorial Hospital (330 297-0811) where nurses cleaned him up.
      The FBI allegedly took his cloths/cleaning rags from the hospital. A
      caller to the station claims he admitted his daughter a 12:18 AM and
      saw the FBI with truck loading the bags. Both the hospital and the FBI
      deny the story. Other callers claim to have seen the UFO. An ultra
      light plane goes down in area and an Army helicopter made an emergency
      landing. Ravenna Arsenal is in the vicinity. Thanks to Peter
      Davenport, Director NUFORC.

      INDIANA FLYING TRIANGLE

      INDIANAPOLIS - On August 6, 1999, Carl M. an amateur astronomer was
      watching for meteors at 1:37 AM. He had been looking toward the
      northeast sitting in his favorite semi-reclining 'star-gazing-chair'
      in preparation for the Perseid Meteor Shower display expected on the
      12th. Suddenly, he detected a movement in the southern part of the
      sky. Initially he assumed that it was nothing more than a
      dark-colored, low-flying bird whose underbelly was being illuminated
      by light-glow from the city. He noticed a gray spot behind it and to
      one side. The object continued to move rapidly in a level
      south-to-north trajectory and soon came into full view. Carl saw a
      dull-black triangular-shaped craft, with relatively straight
      equal-length sides. The craft had a solid-mass-body and gray spots on
      its tips. Carl estimated the craft to be about the length of a
      16-wheel-semi-truck with attached box-trailer; but, only 4-6 feet
      high. As the object passed 50 feet above just over the trees, it was
      illuminated by bright lights from the car wash a block away. Carl
      could clearly see that the craft was emitting no light; and its skin
      appeared smooth with no visible windows, bulges, appendages or
      propulsion outlets. There were not any vapor trails. The object
      continued in a northerly direction at an estimated 100 MPH, based upon
      his recollection of the car racing at the Indy-oval. Carl stated that
      the most striking aspect of the whole 10 second experience was that
      there was absolutely no sound or turbulence associated with the craft.
      If he had not been sky watching at the time and that the city lights
      provided illumination; he definitely would not have known that the
      object had passed. Further, there were 5 dogs in his house and none
      of them sounded any kind of alarm during the incident. They would
      have done so had any ordinary object come within such close proximity!
      Carl says the object should have passed over I-65 at the Raymond
      Street Exit. Thanks to Dave Hagemeister NACOMM, 9908inin@....

      CHICAGO, ILLINOIS STRANGE DISAPPEARANCE UPDATE

      A father and two young children went sailing on Lake Michigan on
      August 14, 1999. They had been missing since then. Their sailboat
      was found after an intensive air and sea search twenty-five miles
      northeast of Chicago without its passengers. The craft was still in
      good condition with the main mast stowed. Jeff Sanio writes that two
      bodies have been found, and the search for the third person has been
      called off.
      LAKE MICHIGAN -- In a possibly related sighting also on August 14,
      1999, Fergus Moffat reports he saw a huge gold square object on Lake
      Michigan. This object was intensely bright and looked like it might
      have been an UFO that crashed into the lake. My brother and I saw the
      object on the way to a tennis match. After the match we looked for it
      on the lake, but it had disappeared. Thanks to Fergus Moffat,
      fergusmoff@....

      NEW MEXICO

      ALBUQUERQUE -- Larry Clark reports that on June 10, 1999, about 10:30 PM
      three witnesses were driving west on I-40. Their speaker states, "My
      fiancee, my daughter and I were looking at the millions of stars, when
      I noticed two intensely bright stars in the northern sky about 25
      degrees up from the horizon." But, they were just too bright for
      regular stars. I asked my fiancee to pull over. We got out the
      binoculars to get a better look. Just intensely bright, blue light
      with an "aura" around them was all we could see. Suddenly, the light
      on the left shot off toward the west at a mind-numbing speed, dipped
      down a bit, back up and just STOPPED again in the sky. Then the light
      on the right started to "mosey" toward the east. We drove like crazy
      to try and catch it. The interstate was straight at this point and
      another light "blinked" on right in front us in the sky and started to
      move slowly toward the light which had moved west. That really got
      our attention!! It finally just went away. We drove for about 1/2
      hour trying to catch up to the light that had darted off and never
      even got close. We were doing about 80 mph. It was still in the sky
      where it stopped. We got to a little town and lost it in the trees
      and town lights. Thanks to Larry Clark, lclark@... and
      Jdoty333@...

      WASHINGTON

      WENATCHEEA - The witness who has worked as an aircraft inspector in
      Washington State for approximately thirty years. On the night of
      Wednesday, August 18, 1999, near Grouse Tail Rock, located on the
      Columbia River near Wenatchee, WA, he witnessed three lights, oriented
      in a triangular pattern drift over in the night sky. It appeared to
      the witness to be a solid object, since the stars disappeared behind
      it as it moved across the sky. He witnessed the object for
      approximately 10 seconds. Many other reports for August 1999 are
      posted at www.ufocenter.com. Thanks to: Peter B. Davenport,
      Director, NUFORC

      AUSTRALIAN FLYING FERRIS WHEEL

      LOGAN VILLAGE - On August 8, 1999, six witnesses sighted a UFO that
      looked like a Ferris Wheel 42 kilometers from Brisbane City at 9:15
      PM. The object was the size of 50 cent piece at arm's length.
      Jennifer walked outside and noticed her neighbor looking up at an
      object in the sky. The object had two rings of lights fast moving
      lights. One ring rotated clock wise the other going anti-clock wise.
      It was beautiful to look at. I ran inside and got my sister and my
      husband and they watched it as well. It was amazing! One ring of
      lights moved away from the other ring of lights and then it moved back
      again. The witnesses called several TV stations but they were not
      interested. Four residents of Hickory St. Marsden also reported
      seeing the UFO Ferris wheel. (1) Witness Miss Sharn J called the
      Hotline to ask if anyone had seen strange lights in the sky on
      Saturday night around 8:50 PM. Sharn said: "It was awesome the size of
      a foot ball field!" It had two rows of lights turning in opposite
      directions. The object was laying on its side, it reminded me of
      Close Encounters the movie and do you know not one of us was scared of
      it "not at all" I was so excited. I ran over to my neighbor who was
      outside and asked him to look up "can you see what I see" he looked
      and ran inside telling me he was going to call someone. He looked
      really scared! My friends and I went over to the park to get a
      clearer look. It was so cold but no one wanted to go inside to get
      our jackets we didn't want to miss a moment of it. We could see the
      reflection of the lights on the clouds. Thanks to Keith Basterfield
      Network http://www.fan.net.au/~tkbnetw/new and Diane Harrison
      Co-Director The Australian UFO Research Network Australian Skywatch
      Director.

      JAPANESE F-4 MISSING AFTER CHASING UNIDENTIFIED AIRCRAFT

      KYUSHU - (AP) A Japanese fighter jet that had been sent to intercept
      an unidentified object off Japan's southern coast was missing Sunday,
      August 15, 1999, the Defense Agency said Sunday. The jet was one of
      two F-4EJ fighters dispatched early Sunday from an air base in
      Nyutabaru after an unidentified plane was spotted by radar at 1226
      GMT, the agency said. The aircraft, manned by two crew members, lost
      radio contact with its consort plane at 5:15 a.m. local time about 50
      miles off Fukue Island and remained missing Sunday evening, agency
      spokesman Isoji Ikeda said. The island is about 680 miles from Tokyo
      off the coast of Kyushu, Japan's southernmost main island. Visibility
      was low and the weather was bad when the jet went missing, the agency
      said. The crew had not made visual contact with the plane before they
      disappeared and did not confirm the nationality or type of aircraft,
      the spokesman said. The agency had no information on the origin of the
      plane that the pair of jets had gone to intercept, the spokesman said.
      Thanks to UFO Research http://home.fuse.net/ufo/ Editor's Note: UFOs
      have often been chased off the coast of Japan, and several fighter
      aircraft have been lost in these operations.

      TIBET

      On August 24, 1999, I received the following e-mail from Lois who
      writes. "I was in Tibet last week driving to the airport at 3:30 AM
      and the driver said UFO and pointed to the sky. I saw a circular
      object pretty far up that had many white lights underneath it with red
      lights around it. It looked like a sign from Las Vegas. It hovered
      above for about 20 minutes and then disappeared. The Tibetan taxi
      driver in very poor English led me to believe that he had seen 5
      UFO's. I couldn't understand what else he said. I know this was not
      a plane or helicopter. Thanks to LoisSB.

      UNITED KINGDOM UFO FLEET

      KENT -- Between fifty and sixty residents of Ayelsham, a small town
      near Dover about 80 miles southeast of London spotted "an armada" of
      bright silvery high-flying UFOs on Sunday, August 1, 1999. One
      witness had a camcorder handy and shot several minutes of footage.
      The video shows "many of these objects clearly visible" and "also
      shows an aircraft with anti-collision light passing underneath them,
      indicating that the objects were at a very high altitude." "The
      eyewitnesses claim that all the participants in this 'armada' were
      multicolored and reflective." "The videotape shows only
      silver-colored objects in no discernible pattern, crossing from north
      to south in slow procession, although there were two other objects
      lagging behind and seemed to accelerate to catch up with the main
      group." On Monday, August 2, 1999, the video was aired on a local TV
      news broadcast in Dover. The news team interviewed British Ufologist
      Timothy J. Good." A meteorologist interviewed for the broadcast
      explained that the UFOs may have been "helium-filled balloons let off
      from Maidstone." Thanks to UFO Roundup 8/24/99, Editor Joe Trainor and
      Jerry Anderson

      FLYING TRIANGLE UFO OVER BRAZIL

      SAO PAULO -- On August 21, 1999, Mr. Roberto Rabelo saw a huge UFO
      over the city of Cubatao, Sao Paulo. He reported that when he arrived
      at the Water Treatment Station, there were three other witnesses
      watching the phenomenon. "It was around 12:58 AM, when I looked to the
      north and saw the UFO at a low altitude." "One of the operators said
      that it could be a short-circuit in a nearby energy tower. We climbed
      the tower and realized that it was not a conventional aircraft. "The
      UFO was higher!" "The UFO had a red light on top and three other red
      lights below it, in a triangular shape. The lights did not blink.
      Seconds later, between the red lights, there were hundreds of white
      flashes! Then all disappeared. "I estimate that the UFO was bigger
      than a soccer field." Once again the UFO appeared, but this time when
      the flashing lights turned off, another object like a yellow ball came
      out. The UFO appeared again for a third time, and we were able to see
      a "triangular shadow" behind it. The sighting lasted for 20 minutes.
      Thanks to THIAGO LUIZ TICCHETTI Director of the Publication Department
      and Specialized Translation http://www.ebe-et.com.br

      JENNY RANDLES ON ABDUCTIONS (PART 2) will be carried next week.

      U.S. GOVERNMENT UFO PROOF RELEASED: Audio tapes of a genuine UFO Alert
      at Edwards Air Force base and studied by the Foreign Technology
      Division at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, are now available for
      distribution to the public. Lunar Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell was at
      Edwards the night the UFO chase occurred. The 6th person to walk on
      the moon said, "The night it happened I investigated it myself and
      this was a real event." Sam Sherman's audio documentary tape called
      THE EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE ENCOUNTER on the night of October 7, 1965,
      uses the actual voice recordings provided by the Air Force. During
      this event 12 high tech luminous UFOs invade secure air space and came
      down low over the runways at Edwards AFB. Tower operator Sgt.. Chuck
      Sorrels spotted them and notified the Air Defense Command. Sgt.
      Sorrels is heard on the original tapes and in a new segment where he
      verifies the event as it is heard on the archival recordings. The
      UFOs are described and a decision is made to launch F-106 fighter
      interceptors. You are there for an important part of UFO history.
      Hear it for yourself, it's the best UFO tape ever made. Tape cost is
      $14.95 each plus $2.00 for shipping -- total $16.95 -- send either a
      personal check or money order to: Independent International Films, Box
      565, Dept. GF, Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857.

      KECKSBURG, PENNSYLVANIA CRASH TAPE -- UFO crash/retrieval Video
      Documentary Most readers of this column are familiar with the Roswell
      event, but many are unaware that a similar incident occurred in
      Pennsylvania in 1965, near a small rural community called Kecksburg.
      Veteran UFO researcher Stan Gordon, has been gathering information on
      this case for many years, and has produced a studio made 92 minute
      video called "Kecksburg The Untold Story." This production recently
      won the 1998 EBE film award for the Best Historical UFO Documentary.
      The video contains interviews with many people who have information
      about the case including witnesses who saw the object in the sky, and
      those who say they came across a large metallic acorn shaped object
      with strange markings, partially buried in the ground, before the
      military arrived on the scene. Among those interviewed are reporters
      who were on location that night. A witness says he saw the odd acorn
      shaped object on the back of an army flatbed tractor trailer truck.
      Civilians claim they were confronted by armed military personnel. For
      the first time witnesses speak out on camera discussing information
      which suggests that there could have been a cover-up. A startling
      revelation is revealed here from a witness, who says he saw a body in
      the same building with the Kecksburg object at Wright-Patterson Air
      Force Base only days after it was delivered there. Also contained in
      the documentary are some of the actual audio excerpts from the WHJB
      radio special called "Object in the woods." It was broadcast soon
      after the incident in a "cut and edited version." To order your copy
      of "Kecksburg The Untold Story" send a check or money order to: Stan
      Gordon Productions, P.O. Box 936, Greensburg, PA 15601. Attention:
      Dept. GF. The cost of the tape including shipping and handling is
      $35.90. For PA residents the cost including tax, S&H is $38.05. For
      more information, check out Stan's updated website at
      www.westol.com/~paufo

      MUFON JOURNAL For more detailed investigative reports subscribe by
      writing to 103 Oldtowne Road, Sequin, TX 78155-4099 or E-mail
      Mufon@.... Filer's Files Copyright 1999 by George A. Filer, all
      rights reserved. Readers may post items from the Files on their
      Websites provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by
      name and list the date of issue that the item appeared. Send your
      letters to me at Majorstar@.... If you wish to keep your name
      confidential please so state.