Re: ~ Space Shuttle Atlantis Launch: Space Debris or Something Else?? ~

  • bertvere
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2007
      The thing that most struck my mental alarm bell .....wasnt the
      piece of the shuttles tank.
      The comment by Maichael Griffin was a stunner.
      Here we have a presumabley well informed and educated man, who damn
      well knows global warming is important....suddenly hes down playing
      the immediacy of the problem by commenting it is not worth wrestling
      with....What criptic pronouncement is that?
      Does he know about something which is larger in scope or more
      pressing than the problems of glovbal warming?
      What would prompt such an offhand pronouncment?
      any ideas?
      bergle

      --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Suzanne" <sgangel_2005@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > was to dock with the space station Sunday afternoon.
      >
      > During the 11-day flight, the astronauts will deliver a new segment
      > and a pair of solar panels to the orbiting outpost. They plan three
      > spacewalks — on Monday, Wednesday and Friday — to install the new
      > equipment and retract an old solar panel.
      >
      > On Sunday, astronaut Clayton Anderson will replace astronaut Sunita
      > Williams as the U.S. representative aboard the space station, and
      > Williams will return to Earth aboard Atlantis. She has spent the
      past
      > six months in orbit.
      >
      > Much of Saturday's work was designed to set the stage for Sunday's
      > docking and the tasks that follow. Astronauts were also going to
      > check if the shuttle was damaged from foam debris shaken loose
      during
      > Friday night's launch. It was a foam hit that caused Columbia's
      fatal
      > accident in 2003; since then, NASA spends its first full day in
      orbit
      > looking for potential problem spots.
      >
      > About an hour after launch, NASA managers said initial checks found
      > nothing to worry about. One piece of foam that appeared to come off
      > the shuttle's fuel tank — which bore ugly white patches that
      repaired
      > hail damage that had delayed the flight by three months — about 135
      > seconds after launch did not seem to hit the shuttle, said shuttle
      > program manager Wayne Hale.
      >
      > "The tank performed in a magnificent way, despite having several
      > thousand repairs to it," Hale said at a news conference. "(The
      > debris) should not be a hazard that late in the flight."
      >
      > Astronaut Patrick Forrester will use the shuttle's robot arm and a
      > boom extension to examine its wings and outer edges.
      >
      > Minutes after launch, Atlantis' contrails formed an intricate and
      > unusual knot in the Florida sky, framed by the colors of sunset and
      > with the bright light of Venus peeking through.
      >
      > Veteran shuttle watchers oohed and aahed at the second sky show of
      > the night.
      >
      > The first shuttle launch of the year helped put NASA back on track
      > after a run of bad luck and scandal on the ground during the first
      > half of the year.
      >
      > In the past few months, NASA has seen the arrest of astronaut Lisa
      > Nowak in an alleged plot to kidnap her rival for a shuttle pilot's
      > affections; a murder-suicide at the Johnson Space Center in Houston;
      > and the derailment of a train carrying rocket-booster segments for
      > future shuttle launches.
      >
      > More recently, NASA Administrator Michael Griffin has come under
      fire
      > for suggesting that global warming may not be a problem worth
      > wrestling with. And the agency's inspector general was lambasted at
      > congressional hearing Thursday by former staff members, congressmen
      > and senators over the way he managed his office, treated his

      submit=Done

      > ~ SUE ~
      >
      > sgangel_2005@...
      >
      > http://www.myspace.com/sgduranie
      >
      > http://groups.myspace.com/paranormalontv
      >
      > http://groups.myspace.com/suesparanormalclub

    • Lamont Washington
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 15, 2007
        I tried to add you to my Friends List but could not.

        (Or, I wanted to contact you personally to so that you
        would understand.)

        So I am asking you, to Add Me to your Friends List.

        I am involved with BOINC and most of their Clients
        which is why I decide to add you to my Friends List in
        the first place. So, here’s to hoping that you decide
        to Add Me to your Friends List.

        Please join us, add your input to our World Community
        Grid Forum, your input is sorely needed!!

        JamesL

        P.S. Please make the time to explore Seti UNIVERSE.com
        and become a member it’s Free. (Maybe you could even
        contribute a posting or two, in our forums.)

        Seti UNIVERSE (Home Page)
        http://www.setiuniverse.com/

        Seti UNIVERSE FORUM
        http://www.setiuniverse.com/WowFORUM/index.php

        Become a member of Seti UNIVERSE
        http://www.setiuniverse.com/WowFORUM/login.php?register=1

        --- Suzanne <sgangel_2005@...> wrote:

        > UPDATE!!!! -
        >
        > Hello everyone! This is Sue here. First, I'd like to
        > give all of you
        > a NEW update about the Space Shuttle Debris. I was
        > watching the "Into
        > The Unknown" Paranormal TV show on the Sci Fi
        > channel, last night,
        > Wensday, & found out taht there was indeed a UFO
        > that was indeed
        > captures on NASA'a Live Space footage. I thought I
        > saw something last
        > week when I sat down to watch the launch, & it does
        > look as if I was
        > right in my observations. I just was wondering in
        > anyone in here
        > managed to see the actually Live Space Shuttle
        > Launch last week & if
        > any of you in here managed to watch the New "Into
        > The Unknown"
        > Informative series last night. George Noory, was the
        > host & they even
        > show a bit of footage of the actual UFO I think I
        > saw during the
        > launch last week. I just hope i'm Not the only
        > person who managed to
        > see this. Please let me know if any of you in here
        > saw the "Into The
        > Unknown" Space Shuttle NASA Footage of the UFO I
        > think I saw last
        > week, last night? Hopefully, I'm Not the only person
        > who managed to
        > see this aired last night! I would really like your
        > thoughts &
        > opinions on this one. Thanks & I hope you all Will
        > have a great
        > weekend Too! :D

        > ~ SUE ~
        >
        > sgangel_2005@...
        >
        > http://www.myspace.com/sgduranie
        >
        > http://groups.myspace.com/paranormalontv
        >
        > http://groups.myspace.com/suesparanormalclub

        > On the Net:
        >
        > Shuttle mission:

        http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

        http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070609/ap_on_sc/space_shuttle?submit=Done

        Seti UNIVERSE
        http://www.setiuniverse.com/

        All of the SETI (The SEARCH for EXTRA--TERRESTRIAL INTELLIGENCE)
        disciplines in one place. (Radio, Optical, Microwave, and Amateur SETI)
        Stop by Seti UNIVERSE and find out, what you didn't know about SETI.

        Seti UNIVERSE also has MultiMedia, Fun & Games, a Forum, Seti News, BOINC
        Partners News, a Link to Us, Submit Your Website, a SciFi Short Stories,
        and a Writer of the Month contest.

        Seti UNIVERSE is a Safe For Kids, Parental Guidance Suggested website.

        http://sims.yahoo.com/
      • Lamont Washington
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 15, 2007
[...]

          P.S.S. We need you input on your UFO Forums Also.

          --- Suzanne <sgangel_2005@...> wrote:

> [...]
          http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

          http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070609/ap_on_sc/space_shuttle?submit=Done

          > ~ SUE ~
          >
          > sgangel_2005@...
          >
          > http://www.myspace.com/sgduranie
          >
          > http://groups.myspace.com/paranormalontv
          >
          > http://groups.myspace.com/suesparanormalclub

          Seti UNIVERSE
          http://www.setiuniverse.com/

          All of the SETI (The SEARCH for EXTRA--TERRESTRIAL INTELLIGENCE)
          disciplines in one place. (Radio, Optical, Microwave, and Amateur SETI)
          Stop by Seti UNIVERSE and find out, what you didn't know about SETI.

          Seti UNIVERSE also has MultiMedia, Fun & Games, a Forum, Seti News, BOINC
          Partners News, a Link to Us, Submit Your Website, a SciFi Short Stories,
          and a Writer of the Month contest.

          Seti UNIVERSE is a Safe For Kids, Parental Guidance Suggested website.

          in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.