~ Space Shuttle Atlantis Launch: Space Debris or Something Else?? ~

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2007

      Originally Posted on: Sat Jun 9, 2007 -

      Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone else actually watched the
      entire Space Shuttle being launched earlier Last night and I want to
      know if you think the space debris is actually from the shuttle or if
      it's actually from a UFO. To be honest with you, I did notice very
      Slow moving metallic object that kept showing up on the both the
      Upper then lower right hand side of the shuttle while it was going
      into orbit in space, but I really want you to read the following
      article and tell me what you think you saw if you did watch this too,
      and what you think this really was. Please reply with what you think
      all this was, and I'll be back here a bit later on. Thanks and take
      care! :D

      - Atlantis Casing Space Station -

      By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer

      14 minutes ago

      CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - The space shuttle Atlantis, fresh from a fiery
      and nearly flawless launch, was in hot pursuit of the international
      space station on Saturday, but won't catch up until Sunday.

      Atlantis' seven-man crew was closing the gap between the two space
      bodies by 920 miles every 90-minute orbit. By 9 a.m. EDT, the shuttle
      was scheduled to be 8,630 miles away from its destination. Atlantis
      was to dock with the space station Sunday afternoon.

      During the 11-day flight, the astronauts will deliver a new segment
      and a pair of solar panels to the orbiting outpost. They plan three
      spacewalks — on Monday, Wednesday and Friday — to install the new
      equipment and retract an old solar panel.

      On Sunday, astronaut Clayton Anderson will replace astronaut Sunita
      Williams as the U.S. representative aboard the space station, and
      Williams will return to Earth aboard Atlantis. She has spent the past
      six months in orbit.

      Much of Saturday's work was designed to set the stage for Sunday's
      docking and the tasks that follow. Astronauts were also going to
      check if the shuttle was damaged from foam debris shaken loose during
      Friday night's launch. It was a foam hit that caused Columbia's fatal
      accident in 2003; since then, NASA spends its first full day in orbit
      looking for potential problem spots.

      About an hour after launch, NASA managers said initial checks found
      nothing to worry about. One piece of foam that appeared to come off
      the shuttle's fuel tank — which bore ugly white patches that repaired
      hail damage that had delayed the flight by three months — about 135
      seconds after launch did not seem to hit the shuttle, said shuttle
      program manager Wayne Hale.

      "The tank performed in a magnificent way, despite having several
      thousand repairs to it," Hale said at a news conference. "(The
      debris) should not be a hazard that late in the flight."

      Astronaut Patrick Forrester will use the shuttle's robot arm and a
      boom extension to examine its wings and outer edges.

      Minutes after launch, Atlantis' contrails formed an intricate and
      unusual knot in the Florida sky, framed by the colors of sunset and
      with the bright light of Venus peeking through.

      Veteran shuttle watchers oohed and aahed at the second sky show of
      the night.

      The first shuttle launch of the year helped put NASA back on track
      after a run of bad luck and scandal on the ground during the first
      half of the year.

      In the past few months, NASA has seen the arrest of astronaut Lisa
      Nowak in an alleged plot to kidnap her rival for a shuttle pilot's
      affections; a murder-suicide at the Johnson Space Center in Houston;
      and the derailment of a train carrying rocket-booster segments for
      future shuttle launches.

      More recently, NASA Administrator Michael Griffin has come under fire
      for suggesting that global warming may not be a problem worth
      wrestling with. And the agency's inspector general was lambasted at a
      congressional hearing Thursday by former staff members, congressmen
      and senators over the way he managed his office, treated his
      employees and investigated complaints.
      ___

      On the Net:

      Shuttle mission:
      http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070609/ap_on_sc/space_shuttle?submit=Done

      ~ SUE ~

      sgangel_2005@...

      http://www.myspace.com/sgduranie

      http://groups.myspace.com/paranormalontv

      http://groups.myspace.com/suesparanormalclub

    • Suzanne
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 14, 2007

        UPDATE!!!! -

        Hello everyone! This is Sue here. First, I'd like to give all of you
        a NEW update about the Space Shuttle Debris. I was watching the "Into
        The Unknown" Paranormal TV show on the Sci Fi channel, last night,
        Wensday, & found out taht there was indeed a UFO that was indeed
        captures on NASA'a Live Space footage. I thought I saw something last
        week when I sat down to watch the launch, & it does look as if I was
        right in my observations. I just was wondering in anyone in here
        managed to see the actually Live Space Shuttle Launch last week & if
        any of you in here managed to watch the New "Into The Unknown"
        Informative series last night. George Noory, was the host & they even
        show a bit of footage of the actual UFO I think I saw during the
        launch last week. I just hope i'm Not the only person who managed to
        see this. Please let me know if any of you in here saw the "Into The
        Unknown" Space Shuttle NASA Footage of the UFO I think I saw last
        week, last night? Hopefully, I'm Not the only person who managed to
        see this aired last night! I would really like your thoughts &
        opinions on this one. Thanks & I hope you all Will have a great
        weekend Too! :D

        ~ SUE ~

        sgangel_2005@...

        http://www.myspace.com/sgduranie

        http://groups.myspace.com/paranormalontv

        http://groups.myspace.com/suesparanormalclub

        On the Net:

        Shuttle mission:

        http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

        http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070609/ap_on_sc/space_shuttle?submit=Done

      • bertvere
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 15, 2007
          The thing that most struck my mental alarm bell .....wasnt the
          piece of the shuttles tank.
          The comment by Maichael Griffin was a stunner.
          Here we have a presumabley well informed and educated man, who damn
          well knows global warming is important....suddenly hes down playing
          the immediacy of the problem by commenting it is not worth wrestling
          with....What criptic pronouncement is that?
          Does he know about something which is larger in scope or more
          pressing than the problems of glovbal warming?
          What would prompt such an offhand pronouncment?
          any ideas?
          bergle

          --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Suzanne" <sgangel_2005@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > the night.
          >
          > The first shuttle launch of the year helped put NASA back on track
          > after a run of bad luck and scandal on the ground during the first
          > half of the year.
          >
          > In the past few months, NASA has seen the arrest of astronaut Lisa
          > Nowak in an alleged plot to kidnap her rival for a shuttle pilot's
          > affections; a murder-suicide at the Johnson Space Center in Houston;
          > and the derailment of a train carrying rocket-booster segments for
          > future shuttle launches.
          >
          > More recently, NASA Administrator Michael Griffin has come under
          fire
          > for suggesting that global warming may not be a problem worth
          > wrestling with. And the agency's inspector general was lambasted at
          > congressional hearing Thursday by former staff members, congressmen
          > and senators over the way he managed his office, treated his

        • Lamont Washington
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 15, 2007
            I tried to add you to my Friends List but could not.

            (Or, I wanted to contact you personally to so that you
            would understand.)

            So I am asking you, to Add Me to your Friends List.

            I am involved with BOINC and most of their Clients
            which is why I decide to add you to my Friends List in
            the first place. So, here’s to hoping that you decide
            to Add Me to your Friends List.

            Please join us, add your input to our World Community
            Grid Forum, your input is sorely needed!!

            JamesL

            P.S. Please make the time to explore Seti UNIVERSE.com
            and become a member it’s Free. (Maybe you could even
            contribute a posting or two, in our forums.)

            Seti UNIVERSE (Home Page)
            http://www.setiuniverse.com/

            Seti UNIVERSE FORUM
            http://www.setiuniverse.com/WowFORUM/index.php

            Become a member of Seti UNIVERSE
            http://www.setiuniverse.com/WowFORUM/login.php?register=1

            --- Suzanne <sgangel_2005@...> wrote:

            > UPDATE!!!! -
            >
            > Hello everyone! This is Sue here. First, I'd like to
            > give all of you
            > a NEW update about the Space Shuttle Debris. I was
            > watching the "Into
            > The Unknown" Paranormal TV show on the Sci Fi
            > channel, last night,
            > Wensday, & found out taht there was indeed a UFO
            > that was indeed
            > captures on NASA'a Live Space footage. I thought I
            > saw something last
            > week when I sat down to watch the launch, & it does
            > look as if I was
            > right in my observations. I just was wondering in
            > anyone in here
            > managed to see the actually Live Space Shuttle
            > Launch last week & if
            > any of you in here managed to watch the New "Into
            > The Unknown"
            > Informative series last night. George Noory, was the
            > host & they even
            > show a bit of footage of the actual UFO I think I
            > saw during the
            > launch last week. I just hope i'm Not the only
            > person who managed to
            > see this. Please let me know if any of you in here
            > saw the "Into The
            > Unknown" Space Shuttle NASA Footage of the UFO I
            > think I saw last
            > week, last night? Hopefully, I'm Not the only person
            > who managed to
            > see this aired last night! I would really like your
            > thoughts &
            > opinions on this one. Thanks & I hope you all Will
            > have a great
            > weekend Too! :D

            > ~ SUE ~
            >
            > sgangel_2005@...
            >
            > http://www.myspace.com/sgduranie
            >
            > http://groups.myspace.com/paranormalontv
            >
            > http://groups.myspace.com/suesparanormalclub

            > On the Net:
            >
            > Shuttle mission:

            http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

            http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070609/ap_on_sc/space_shuttle?submit=Done

            Seti UNIVERSE
            http://www.setiuniverse.com/

            All of the SETI (The SEARCH for EXTRA--TERRESTRIAL INTELLIGENCE)
            disciplines in one place. (Radio, Optical, Microwave, and Amateur SETI)
            Stop by Seti UNIVERSE and find out, what you didn't know about SETI.

            Seti UNIVERSE also has MultiMedia, Fun & Games, a Forum, Seti News, BOINC
            Partners News, a Link to Us, Submit Your Website, a SciFi Short Stories,
            and a Writer of the Month contest.

            Seti UNIVERSE is a Safe For Kids, Parental Guidance Suggested website.

            http://sims.yahoo.com/
          • Lamont Washington
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 15, 2007
[...]

              P.S.S. We need you input on your UFO Forums Also.

              --- Suzanne <sgangel_2005@...> wrote:

> [...]
              http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

              http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070609/ap_on_sc/space_shuttle?submit=Done

              > ~ SUE ~
              >
              > sgangel_2005@...
              >
              > http://www.myspace.com/sgduranie
              >
              > http://groups.myspace.com/paranormalontv
              >
              > http://groups.myspace.com/suesparanormalclub

              Seti UNIVERSE
              http://www.setiuniverse.com/

              All of the SETI (The SEARCH for EXTRA--TERRESTRIAL INTELLIGENCE)
              disciplines in one place. (Radio, Optical, Microwave, and Amateur SETI)
              Stop by Seti UNIVERSE and find out, what you didn't know about SETI.

              Seti UNIVERSE also has MultiMedia, Fun & Games, a Forum, Seti News, BOINC
              Partners News, a Link to Us, Submit Your Website, a SciFi Short Stories,
              and a Writer of the Month contest.

              Seti UNIVERSE is a Safe For Kids, Parental Guidance Suggested website.

              in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.