Re: F-15s encounter large bird!

  • Geoff Richardson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2007
      Might I extend an invitation to Chris Rolfe to reveal the original
      source of his information and perhaps respond to my posting - in fact
      perhaps a member of the UFO DATA team might be capable of responding.
      We can then present their interpretation of the events to the fighter
      command involved and get their response.
      I have made a similar posting on their forum.

      Geoff Richardson
      www.thewhyfiles.net

      --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, <geoff@...> wrote:

      > According to one report:
      >

      > "On Friday, January 12th 2007, London Military Air Traffic
      >
      > Control contacted a flight of US Air Force F-15s out of RAF
      >
      > Lakenheath, Suffolk, UK, to intercept an unknown target they had
      >
      > picked up on radar at 3000 to 4000ft altitude.
      >
      > The F-15s callsign Gator, went to investigate, and got a solid
      >
      > radar-lock on the unidentified target.
      >
      > They made two passes, passed the object which was at 17,000ft on
      the first pass, and then 17,700ft on the second pass. They

      > described it as black in colour, and stated that it was not a
      >
      > bird, and unlike any aircraft ver seen.
      >
      > One pilot was heard to say to another: "Did you see that." and
      >
      > the other replied: "Yes, but I don't want to talk about it."
      >

      > However, the truth is a different matter!
      >
      > I was made aware of this event shortly after it occurred and can
      state that the object was identified as a bird.

      > The conversations took place on London Mil freqs and the freq
      listed...however 233.725 may be a mistype for 48Fighter Wing Air 2
      Air ------- 232.725

      > "To make a long story short:
      >

      > GATOR Flight. managed to get a radar lock on something in their
      BULLSEYE at FL170. One of the flight made it out to be either a large
      bird or a rock. It confused them to say the least... "

      > The use of the word "rock" is a humerous reference to the large
      mythical bird.

      > Incidentally, radio stations did broadcast an item about a large
      vulture (10 foot wing span) having escaped from an aviary!