Re: [UFOnet] 1993 UK "Cosford Incident"

  • Linette Sukup
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2006
      What is/was the Cosford incident?

      Peace.
      Linette

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Joe McGonagle
      To: ufonet@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2006 3:57 PM
      Subject: [UFOnet] 1993 UK "Cosford Incident"

      An detailed series of pages about the so-called "Cosford Incident" is
      available at:

      http://www.uk-ufo.org/cosford

      It includes copies of the original witness reports, and an in-depth
      analysis of the MoD's response to the series of reports.

      Regards,
      Joe

    • Joe McGonagle
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2006
        Hi Linette,

        --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Linette Sukup" <linettesukup@...>

        > What is/was the Cosford incident?

        It was essentially a satellite re-entry with a few genuine UFO reports
        tacked on to it before and after the main event. It was hyped up by
        the Supreme Commander of the UK UFO Project (SCUKUP - co-incidentally
        not unlike your surname!) AKA Nick Pope to appear as a single chain of
        related events. It got it's name from one of the reports at RAF Cosford.

        Full details are at the link indicated,

        http://www.uk-ufo.org/cosford

        There was actually another "Cosford Incident" where a couple of rookie
        airmen concocted a story about a UFO to excuse their late return to
        barracks.

        Regards,
        Joe
      • Linette Sukup
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 28, 2006
          Thank you for the information, Joe.
          I am not a UFO research entity, just an ordinary, garden-variety anomaly. (Grin.)

          Peace.
          Linette