Appalachian Ghostwalks ~ Take a Haunted Vacation

  • Stacey Allen McGee
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2006
      Hello everyone...

      This is an update to a previous posting we had a few months back...
      My name is Stacey Allen McGee and I am a native of Washington
      County, Tennessee. I grew up in a very small town called Limestone
      until I was seven years old when my family moved to Johnson City,
      TN. Even though I lived in Johnson City, I attended school in
      Jonesborough, Tennessee. Upon graduating from David Crockett High
      School in the top ten percent of my class, I moved to Tampa, Florida
      to attend a school for travel agency management and tour company
      operations. During the past sixteen years I have worked in the
      travel industry in various customer service capacities.

      In February of 1994, I founded The Alternate Realities Center, The
      ARC for short, which is dedicated to the scientific study of
      paranormal phenomena reported across our region. This not-for-profit
      venture has become internationally recognized and represented in
      eighteen countries. In addition, we have shared the pages of several
      magazines published in the United States, and abroad, with such
      renowned figures as David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson of the X-
      Files. The ARC has been the subject of television shows such as
      Turner South's Emmy winning "Liars and Legends" hosted by Grammy
      winner Bubba Knight.

      What follows is an introduction for myself and the haunted historic
      tours we have started in East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
      Also, when you call to book a tour, if you will mention you saw us
      in this Yahoo Group we will give you a discount on any tour or tour
      package we offer...

      *** YOU'RE INVITED!!! ***

      "Appalachian GhostWalks" cordially invites you and your family,
      friends, or tour group to join us as we explore the mysteries of our
      mountain heritage. Together, we will travel back in time to visit
      and learn about the "People Of The Past". As we stroll down Main
      Street in each of Appalachia's oldest towns, you'll enjoy
      tantalizing mystery, legend, intrigue, and fun family adventure.

      Our "lantern-led" tours will bring our region's Cherokee Indian,
      Frontier, Revolutionary and Civil War history to life for all ages.
      Each guide is a highly trained and certified ghost hunter presenting
      a unique blend of science, history,and folklore. Your choice
      of "Haunted Historic GhostWalks" include:

      Jonesborough, Tennessee's oldest town founded in 1779 where you'll
      learn about the former President, Andrew Jackson's encounter with
      the infamous "Bell Witch" of Adams, Tennessee - the subject matter
      of the new motion picture currently in theatres entitled "An
      American Haunting"; in addition, we offer Erwin and the Nolichucky
      Settlement beginning 1760; in Johnson City we have two tours
      including East Tennessee State University, and a hiking adventure
      entitled "Legendary Buffalo Mountain"; historic Blountville,
      Rogersville, and Greeneville detailing ghostly true stories from the
      Civil War. Also available is our tour of historic Abingdon just a
      few minutes drive from Bristol.

      Take a haunted vacation! Discount accommodations for our tours are
      provided by several area hotels, inns, bed and breakfasts, RV Parks,
      and campgrounds. Special Discount Vacation Planning Packages
      called "Spook and Save" Packages are available which offer discounts
      on many other recreational venues including area caves, museums,
      whitewater rafting, and parks. Please visit the website at
      http://www.AppalachianGhostWalks.com for more information, or call
      us for reservations at (423) 743-WALK (9255).

      Very truly and hauntingly yours...

      Stacey Allen McGee
      Tour Director, Appalachian GhostWalks
      Website: http://www.AppalachianGhostWalks.com

      Founder of The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center
      Website: http://www.AlternateRealitiesCenter.com

      Email: Info@...
      Office Telephone: (423) 743-WALK (9255)
      Mobile Telephone: (423) 943-6477