Message about Close Encounters

  • ronnie h
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2006
      Psychotherapist to Present Clinical Research of How Close Encounters lead to
      Spiritual Enlightenment

      After more than 13 years of clinical research, Dr. Janet Colli has
      discovered that other-worldly beings have long played a role in human
      history. To Colli, the truth is self-evident; so-called "alien beings" not
      only exist but they appear to be facilitating humanity's spiritual
      evolution. Colli's research continues to address the serious questions that
      were raised by the late ABC News anchor Peter Jennings in his February 2005,
      Primetime special on UFOs and alleged encounters with extraterrestrials. Her
      research will be presented in May 2006 at a Montreal conference that is
      affiliated with the United Nations Department of Public Information
      (www.iiihs.org).

      Seattle, WA (PRWEB) April 27, 2006 -- For thousands of years, claims of
      contact with other-worldly beings have been made by every religion known to
      humankind. Today, these claims are still being reported.

      After 13 years of clinical research, Dr. Janet Colli has discovered that
      there is a consistent and strong spiritual component with those who believe
      they have experienced other-worldly visitations such as "close encounters"
      with extraterrestrials.

      "There is a correlation between 'close encounters' and the world's great
      religious and wisdom traditions," says Colli.

      A Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, Colli is a psychotherapist who believes that
      these experiences are a crossing over between the material world and what in
      Eastern philosophy is called the "subtle realm," a spiritual dimension.

      In her book, "Sacred Encounters: Spiritual Awakenings During Close
      Encounters," she writes in detail about what appears to be happening during
      and as a result of such encounters. She presents case studies such as
      "Hayley," who transitioned from trauma to interspecies communicator, and
      "Joy," who was initiated into a full-fledged mystical experience.

      Colli's clinical research brings together the psychology of close
      encounters, spiritual experiences, and the ultimate human experience -
      enlightenment.

      "Eastern mystics have sought enlightenment for millennia, enshrining it in
      ancient lineages," explains Colli. "Yet few Westerners realize that many of
      these same gurus have long been communicating with so-called alien beings."

      Startling evidence relating "close encounters" to Sufi, Hindu and Tibetan
      Buddhist traditions will be presented at the 31st annual conference of the
      International Institute of Integral Human Sciences (IIIHS) in Montreal,
      Canada, in May 2006. For more information, see: http://www.iiihs.org

      The IIIHS is a non-profit organization affiliated with the United Nations
      Department of Public Information. It serves over 10,000 general members and
      students from many nations promoting the convergence of new sciences with
      spirituality, creating inter-religious and inter-cultural understanding for
      world peace.

      Colli will be one of more than 60 speakers to address the IIIHS, with other
      distinguished professionals such as medical doctors, psychiatrists,
      physicists, psychologists, spiritual leaders, as well as a former NASA
      astronaut.

      Her conclusions are consistent with the research of the late Harvard Medical
      School professor of psychiatry, Dr. John E. Mack, author of "Passport to the
      Cosmos."

      Mack listened to the similar testimony of more than 200 experiencers from
      the West and from indigenous cultures. He wrote that our western culture
      needed to redefine our worldview to accommodate the evidence of this
      paradigm shifting phenomena.

      According to Colli, the current surge of "subtle realm" encounters has
      unveiled the hidden dimension that surrounds us all - the realm of angels
      and aliens. She believes that those among us who consciously sense the
      subtle realms herald a critical stage in human evolution.

      Colli believes that this paradigm shift can help prepare the modern world
      for our next evolutionary leap as we awaken to the fact that we are "not
      alone" in the Universe; otherworldly beings are playing a pivotal role in
      the evolution of human consciousness.

      Species Shift were the words communicated to "Hayley" by her "visitors." By
      altering her and others, the shift would move like a wave through our
      species-by some kind of inner connection we all share. "The experience truly
      has changed me . . . and made me feel like I found God," says Hayley.

      Colli takes issue with the conclusions drawn by Drs Richard McNally and
      Susan Clancy ("Abducted: How People Come to Believe They Were Kidnapped by
      Aliens") of the Harvard Department of Psychology. Their studies document
      Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in "alien abductees."

      PTSD is a condition that results from specific traumatic experiences, such
      as the Vietnam war. Yet McNally and Clancy maintain that the trauma
      indicates the power of the imagination when stimulated by the media, "New
      Age beliefs," sleep disturbances, and hypnosis by therapists.

      "Their conclusions go against 100 years of trauma research into the
      causation of PTSD," Colli rejoins. She explains that there is no documented
      medical research to her knowledge that shows that PTSD has ever been caused
      by imagined experiences.

      Colli also points to a 1997 Journal of Scientific Exploration study of
      recorded EEGs and brain mapping of "close encounter" experiencers that
      revealed patterns previously measured in an advanced subject in the state of
      yogic ecstasy or "samadhi," or what is considered to be profound meditative
      union with God.
      http://www.scientificexploration.org/jse/abstracts/v11n4a1.php

      Regarding the skeptical claim that there is no evidence of life in the
      Universe, Colli refers to a 2005 article in the Journal of the British
      Interplanetary Society.
      http://www.bis-spaceflight.com/sitesia.aspx/page/358/id/455/l/en

      In this article, physicists argue that new developments in physics and
      astrophysics, as well as highly credible UFO accounts, provide evidence in
      favor of our planet being embedded within an enormous galactic community of
      intelligent worlds.

      Some of this evidence was presented by the late ABC News anchor Peter
      Jennings in his unprecedented February 2005 two-hour Primetime special
      "UFOs - Seeing is Believing."
      http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Primetime/

      Jennings' millions of viewers were shown a small portion of the 150
      interviews conducted by ABC regarding the enigmatic issue of UFOs and
      extraterrestrial encounters. Jennings concluded that many UFOs were indeed
      unidentified and that science needed to take a closer look at the issue.

      When looking at the question of "close encounters," Colli agrees that
      science is needed to verify her claims that extraordinary experience is a
      portal to a biologically-based transformation of the human personality.

      Colli elaborates that common "value changes" as a result of close encounters
      include increased interest in spirituality; increased appreciation of nature
      and of life; increased self-acceptance as well as concern for others.

      When looking at these transformative aspects, Colli calls "experiencers" the
      evolutionary forerunners that will usher in higher consciousness on a
      collective level.

      "The stakes are high," says Colli. "Humanity stands to gain enormously from
      this venture. For when we reach into the depths of ourselves, we will
      simultaneously travel to the farthest reaches of the universe."

      She will be sharing her insights at Montreal's IIIHS conference on May 6th
      and May 8th, 2006 and is available for media interviews.

      Contact information for media interviews

      Contact: Janet Colli, Ph.D.
      Tel: 206-329-9235 (Seattle)
      Tel: 360-678-7737 (Whidbey Island)
      http://www.SacredEncounters.com/
      email: becolli (at) mindspring.com

      The International Institute of Integral Human Sciences (IIIHS)
      Montreal, Canada
      Contact: Dr. Marilyn Rossner, Father John Rossner
      Tel: (514) 937-8359
      http://www.iiihs.org
      Email: info (at) iiihs.org

      Kind Regards,
      David Kingston
      PLEASE NOTE: If your email is returned to us for whatever reason, change of address, spamblockers etc.. you will be removed from our mailing list/s
      CROP CIRCLE WEB SITE: http://thecropcirclewebsite.50megs.com
      ANNUAL CONFERENCE: http://thecropcirclewebsite.50megs.com/Conference.htm
      UNIVERSITY OF LIFE WEB SITE:
      http://universityoflife.users2.50megs.com