A new direction for UFO Research

  • Roger Anderton
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15 4:24 AM
      Fortean Times no 209 May 2006 p 57 review article by David Clarke "Ufologists examine ufologists" suggests that UFO Research should be about studying ufologists, because as he puts it:

      "In the course of a decade, ufological literature has completed a full circle. Following the 50th anniversary in 1997, the subject basked in the glow of post-X- Files optimism. Bookshops groaned with new titles promising 'the truth' would soon be revealed. But after another false dawn, ufology is again in the doldrums. Flaps and 'big' cases are few and far between, and ufologists are becoming historians of their subject rather than active investigators. As we have no flying saucers to examine, attention is, at long last, turning on the ufologists. After all, it is the believers and sceptics who have helped to create and shape the subject in all the bizarre forms it takes in modern folklore."

      Sounds like a good idea to me--- investigate the ufologists, but I suspect that there are ufologists who would try to censor such a subject.