Re:Reply....Thor.....Is Ridicule Metaphysical?

  • wsmith51@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2006
      In a message dated 3/17/2006 9:44:19 PM Central Standard Time,
      linettesukup@... writes:

      Ridicule, as it is often employed on this list, is just another form of
      questioning. For example, are we to accept the fact that someone is Thor
      Hephaestus, a Lyran prince and early Norse/Greek deity, just because he says
      that he is?

      Here is the way I look at something like this.......

      I have been an abductee since at least the age of six, and I am now 54. I
      have experienced things that most others say cannot be real, but by experiencing
      these things I know that they are real nevertheless. Now whether Thor is
      who he says he is, is not up to me to say yeah or nay one way or the
      other.........but living my entire life with strange experiences, I err on the side of
      caution by not dismissing anything that could possibly be real.........

      One of the greatest mistakes we make as humans, is to dismiss something as
      possibly being real because that something has not happened to us. In
      dismissing something simply because we do not believe it to be real, only hinders us
      in understanding far more than what we believe we already know...........

      I do not believe that I am an abductee...........I know I am an abductee
      because I have personally experienced the abduction phenomenon.........If I were
      to only believe that I was an abductee, then this belief would leave a
      little room for doubt that I could be wrong........but by knowing, I know that I
      am not wrong.

      Sandy