Fwd: [exopolitics] Sir Eric Gairy and His E.T. Secret

  • Ramona West
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2006
      Dr Michael Salla <exopolitics@...> wrote: To: exopolitics@yahoogroups.com
      From: "Dr Michael Salla" <exopolitics@...>
      Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:28:02 -0000
      Subject: [exopolitics] Sir Eric Gairy and His E.T. Secret

      My Groups | exopolitics Main Page

      Aloha, here's a fascinating account of the political events
      surrounding Sir Eric Gairy who was the Prime Minister of Grenada
      (1974-79) and prime sponsor of a UN Resolution to study UFOs and
      extraterrestrial life that was adopted in 1978. 'Coincidentally', Sir
      Eric's government was 'overthrown' by a Marxist coup just as he was
      about to meet with UN Secretary General Kurt Waldheim to further
      discuss ET/UFO related affairs in 1979. I think Wesly Bateman's
      account of Sir Eric is likely a very account of what was happening
      behind the scenes in Sir Eric's profound exopolitical difficulties.

      Thanks to Wesley Bateman for bringing this story to my attention.

      In peace

      Michael E. Salla, PhD
      www.exopolitics.org

      ******

      Sir Eric Gairy and His E.T. Secret

      By Wesley H. Bateman

      Sir Eric M. Gairy, Prime Minister and Minister for External Affairs
      of the Caribbean Island nation of Grenada, spoke before the United
      Nations, General Assembly, Thirty-Third Session, 32nd Plenary
      Meeting, on Thursday, 12 October 1978.

      The key points of Sir Eric's U.N. speech which are relative to this
      article are quoted below an underlined.

      182: "During our four years of membership in the United Nations we
      have raised many matters of importance�some of which have been
      considered innovative, others were current and regular but our views
      ushered in new thoughts about them, thoughts that aroused new vistas
      in an attempt to tackle traditional thought-patterns. And still
      further we have been introducing some very thought-provoking subjects
      of world importance and world concern, subjects considered by some to
      be strange and extraneous, but which we feel are sufficiently
      important and significant to merit our constant articulation and
      review of them, however and whenever the opportunity permits. Permit
      me to refer to only a few: the question of women's rights, the
      universality of God, economic cruelty, the problems of man and his
      environment, disarmament, man and his material and spiritual
      behavior, the Bermuda Triangle, unidentified flying objects and
      extraterrestrial phenomena, decolonization and territorial integrity,
      human rights, and undue solace given to terrorists."

      It is reported that prior to returning home to Grenada Sir Eric
      visited with President Jimmy Carter, during which they discussed
      their individual UFO sighting experiences and the pending U.N.
      resolution. It is also reported that Zbigniew Brzezinski attended
      this meeting.

      Sir Eric returned to New York City on March 12, 1979 to meet with
      the then Secretary General of the United Nations, Kurt Walheim. The
      official purpose of this meeting was to discuss the fact that on
      December 18, 1978, the United Nations General Assembly voted to
      approve decision 33/426, inviting U.N. Member States "to take
      appropriate steps to coordinate on a national level scientific
      research and investigation into extraterrestrial life, including
      unidentified flying objects, and to inform the Secretary-General of
      the observations, research and evaluation of such activities." The
      United States was the sole U.N. member nation which unsuccessfully
      attempted to block that 1978 UN E.T. resolution.

      The efforts made by the United States to block this United Nations
      resolution was by exerting various forms of pressure on a number of
      other member nations.

      On the very day that Sir Eric was to visit with Kurt Walheim and
      discuss the UFO resolution, it was learned that he and his government
      had been overthrown by a Cuban sponsored Marxist group, known as the
      New Jewel Movement (NJM). The NJM was led by a young attorney named
      Maurice Bishop, who along with 46 others planned and executed the
      coup using weapons smuggled into Grenada in a barrel of petroleum jelly.

      At this point Sir Eric was stranded in the United States, during
      which he lived in New York City and spent considerable time
      broadcasting anti-Cuban and anti-Communist radio messages from
      station WLIB, to listeners on Grenada and the Caribbean islands of
      Trinidad and Tobago. During his stay in New York Sir Eric was under
      constant US Government surveillance.

      Maurice Bishop and the NJM responded to Sir Eric's radio messages
      with some radio messages of their own. Other than trying to hang
      charges of corruption on him and his cabinet members they
      concentrated on destroying Sir Eric's character in particular. They
      emphasized that a search of Sir Eric's home brought to light physical
      evidence that he practiced "Voodoo." They also said that they
      learned that he arranged and participated in sexual orgies during
      which drugs were used. They also said that his declared belief in
      the reality of UFOs was just another piece of evidence that proved
      beyond all possible doubt that he was mentally defective.

      Oblivious to what was going on the Island of Grenada at the time, I
      was living in the community of Mira Mesa , which was located a few
      miles north of San Diego, California. At the time I was director of
      the "Molecular Energy Research Institute" which was engaged in the
      construction of a device intended to extract entrapped crude oil
      from tar sands and shale rock. Our office and laboratories were
      located directly across the roadway from the "Miramar Naval Air
      Station."

      I remember that it was a monday morning when Don B..... came into the
      office filled with excitement. Don was in the public relations
      business and also managed the funds which a Canadian oil company had
      invested in our project. As a sideline Don also restored classic cars
      (a subject that will be mention again).

      Don started our conversation with the question: "Do you know Sir Eric
      Gairy?" My answer was "no." The name was slightly familiar, but I had
      no idea who Don was talking about.

      Don went on to explain how he on occasion attended meetings of a
      group calling itself the "Dilettantes. The group met once a week in
      La Jolla, California to delve briefly into subjects such as French
      cooking, art, travel destinations, and even UFOs. The subject of UFOs
      was one they just could not leave alone, an UFOs were the subject of
      the previous Friday night meeting that Don attended.

      Don went on to say that Sir Eric Gary, the recently deposed Prime
      Minister of the Caribbean Island of Grenada was also present at the
      meeting. Sir Eric asked the host if he could address the group and
      obtained immediate permission to do so.

      Sir Eric first asked the group if any one of them could help him
      locate any of the people he had listed on a a sheet of paper. Don
      said that he could have fainted when the first name Sir Eric read
      from his list was mine.

      Don was quick to tell Sir Eric that he knew me personally and could
      arrange for us to meet.

      That afternoon I met Sir Eric Gairy in Don B.....'s Point Loma home
      which was on a hillside that overlooked the Pacific Ocean.

      Sir Eric first informed me that he preferred to be addressed as
      Doctor Gairy.

      Dr. Gairy was accompanied by a young African American minister (who's
      name I can not recall). I really can't remember anything the young
      man might have said. I did become aware that Dr. Gairy was the
      Reverend's house guest. Both of these gentlemen were well mannered
      and very well dressed.

      This meeting was one of many that Dr. Gary an I had over the
      following two weeks. Some times we met as much as two times a day
      either at Don B..... house, at the Molecular Energy offices and at
      various restaurants for lunch or dinner.

      Eventually Dr. Gairy's companion (the young minister) disappeared
      and Scot ..... (a friend of mine) or Jennifer B..... (Don B.....'s
      daughter) became Dr. Gairy's chauffeurs and tour guides. They
      escorted Dr. Gairy to the Zoo, Sea World and the Ruben H. Fleet Space
      Center.

      I learned from Scot that Dr. Gairy had rented a studio apartment in a
      very run down part of San Diego and was definitely being followed
      about by what appeared to be government agents. A number of articles
      written about Dr. Gairy, all make the point that he was under
      constant government surveillance when he lived in New York and in San
      Diego.

      On one occasion we went to an early lunch at a restaurant that was
      located on a pier. In our party was Dr, Gairy, Don B...., his
      daughter Jennifer, Scot and myself. With in minutes we were joined by
      5 young men in black business suits. Each took individual tables
      which surrounded us. That is none of them sat together.

      In the course of our conversation the relative locations of Grenada
      and the Panama Canal came up. The room which was silent to begin
      with, suddenly got even more quiet. Dr. Gairy gave me a knowing
      glance and moved his eyes from side to side to alert me . The
      conversation was immediately changed to the bird life of San Diego
      and Grenada.

      When we left, we were sure to take some pieces of bread to feed the
      sea gulls that were waiting patiently on the railing of the deck
      outside the restaurant. Scot, Jennifer and Dr. Gairy walked down the
      deck and out of sight. Don and I had parked one of his restored
      classic cars in another parking area. From our position we watched as
      one of the "men in black" who was in the restaurant came out and
      hurried after Dr. Gairy and the others.

      Don and I watched as the other 4 men in black came out of the
      restaurant together and got in to an older model car that had at
      least 50 antennas placed on the roof, fenders and trunk of the
      vehicle.

      I quickly scribbled a note to Don which said: "The car could be
      bugged." With in 3 days of the event Don was able to sell the car
      along with any electronic bugs the men in black might have planted.

      Finally one afternoon Dr. Gairy came to the Molecular Energy offices,
      I sent for some sandwiches from a near by delicatessen. This was the
      first time we were able to get together privately.

      Dr. Gairy looked at me smiled and said : "Any questions?"

      I inquired as to what happened to the young minister who he was with
      when we first met. With no hesitation Dr, Gairy told me that the
      "young man felt that his wife was becoming infatuated with him and
      they mutually agreed it was best for Sir Eric to find another place
      to live." He added that the whole thing was simply in the young man's
      mind."

      My next question was: Where did he learn of me and my interest in
      UFOs? He said, that "after a number of UFO sightings that were
      reported though out the island of Grenada, he put out the word that
      he wanted to talk to anyone that had any knowledge of UFOs or
      intelligent extraterrestrial life. From this search, a woman
      contacted him that claimed she had telepathic contact with
      extraterrestrials. She gave him the list of names he should contact
      for more information. When he mentioned that he wanted to learn as
      much as possible from me about the "Frequency Barrier" I knew Dr.
      Gairy was seriously trying to solved the UFO mystery.

      Dr. Gairy went on to tell me that he always believed that UFOs were
      extraterrestrial space craft, but he had very little time to study
      the subject. The Grenada sightings force him give the subject his
      full attention. The question in his mind was: What interest could any
      extraterrestrial race have in the island of Grenada? If they made an
      open physical contact by landing on the island, how was he going to
      deal with them? His advisors were at a total loss as to what should
      be done.

      Dr. Gairy owned a string of restaurants on the island. Nightly he
      could be found at the "Evening Palace" one of his night clubs at
      Morne Rouge above the western point of a five-mile white sand beach.
      From this club it is said Sir Eric conducted business like a small
      town American Mayor, who also owned the local hardware store.

      It said that for a fee or a bottle or two of champagne a person could
      sit with the Prime Minister and present him with a petition or
      complaint.

      Dr. Gairy confirmed this story to me about his nightly audiences at
      the "Evening Palace." For as he said, "it was during an late evening
      at this night club that a fisherman from the north east coast of
      Grenada came to him with a story that would change his life forever."
      With in minutes of hearing the fisherman's story, he put together a
      group of people he trusted, a small military unit with two trucks,
      and a photographer.

      They followed the fisherman north and arrived at the coast just
      before dawn. There they met with two other fisherman that were
      standing guard over a tarp covered object. The tarp was removed to
      reveal a giant human body that was between 7 1/2 to 8 feet in length.
      One of the fisherman directed Dr. Gairy to the fact that the body had
      six fingers on each hand. The body appeared to be of a white skinned
      man that had long white braided hair. Sir Eric said the body
      appeared to be of a young man, who if compared to a man of normal
      size would have been in his early thirties.

      By now Sir Eric had concluded that he and his group were looking at
      an extraterrestrial. He ordered the photographer to take pictures of
      the body with flash bulbs, but had the foresight to tell the
      photographer to save some film and wait for better day light.

      The alien was dressed in a skin tight 1 piece dark blue suit the
      footwear was attached. This appearance first fooled the fisherman
      that found him to think that the body was that of a scuba diver that
      met with some misfortune. After a closer examination they quickly
      realized that this was not a scuba diver from this world.

      Dr. Gairy said that one could stretch the alien's suit to about two
      feet from the body. The weave did not separate. After releasing the
      material it would slowly return to its original position on the body
      and during the course of it doing so, emitted a low audible "humming"
      sound.

      As the sun rose it became evident to Sir Eric and his excited group
      that the beach was covered by metal wreckage of various sizes. There
      were also pieces of metal and "containers" rolling about in the surf.
      These items were photographed.

      When all the wreckage they could find on the beach and in the surf
      was gathered it filled about 1/2 the bed of one of the two pick up
      trucks that they brought with them. With considerable physical effort
      they placed the covered alien body on the bed of the second truck.

      Among an estimated number of 8 metal containers, they found that they
      were able to force open two of them. The largest of the two contained
      specimens of fish and plant life, as well as packets of sand and
      coral from the sea bed.

      Sir Eric had the fisherman go further out to sea to search for more
      bodies and wreckage. Three soldiers were left at the site to look for
      more wreckage and wait for the fisherman to return. The fishermen
      never returned. The soldiers were eventually ordered back to their
      barracks with additional orders not to say anything about what they
      had seen.

      Sir Eric paused in his story at this point, an stared at me as he
      waited for my reaction:

      I asked him: What happen to the body? Was there an autopsy? Was the
      body preserved?

      His answer was that the only place that he would trust to perform a
      proper autopsy was at the "Medical School." Though he would not say
      where he sent the body, I got the feeling that he did in fact send
      the body to the school for preservation, if not for an autopsy. I
      think he did this in order to give himself time to think about who
      else he was going to tell about the alien, and what he could gain for
      his country and possibly what he might gain for himself (?).

      I also asked if he ever got any of the other containers open? If
      so, what was in them? His reply was he never saw any of the other
      containers opened, He said that he ordered that any one who tried to
      open one would be strongly punished.

      My next question was: Who else knows about this event?

      His answer was: "There is a small number of people that I have
      confided in. Not being on Grenada the orders I gave to those in the
      know, not to talk about this matter are not able to be enforced. I
      have no idea who these people might have told."

      I asked if he told Kurt Walheim. He said he never got the time or
      opportunity. "Although the alien body was really my only reason for
      arranging a one on one talk with him, I was emotionally reacting to
      the rebellion and I knew I could not prove the story, unless I was
      back in Grenada and personally showed him the alien body. Returning
      to Grenada and being reinstated as Prime Minister was my first
      priority."

      My next question was: What do you intend to do about this matter in
      the future?

      Sir Eric answered: "I am still formulating my plans."

      After this meeting I never met with or talked to Sir Eric Gairy
      again. He suddenly vacated his apartment. I never heard a word as to
      where he went or what he did.

      On October 19, 1983 Bernard Coard, a hard line member of the New
      Jewel Movement (the group that over threw Sir Eric) led a military
      coup and placed Prime Minister Maurice Bishop and other leading
      moderates under arrest. When a mob of Bishop supporters freed the
      ousted prime minister and his allies from prison, troops responded
      by killing dozens of protesters and executed Bishop and also two
      other cabinet members.

      THE U.S. INVASION of GRENADA

      It is reasonable to assume that a U.S. invasion of Grenada was
      planned as early as two years before the revolution's self
      annialation (the Bishop over throw), which gave the United States
      (Reagan Administration) the excuse it had been waiting for.

      The U.S. invasion of Grenada came in the fall of 1983. The bloody
      coup in Grenada, along with a presumed threat to American students
      attending the St. George's Medical School on the island, provided the
      U.S. with an excellent excuse to eliminate a Marxist regime which was
      allied with Cuba.

      The island quickly fell under American control. They were met by
      considerable resistance from the Grenadian army and Cuban military
      units stationed on the island. Heavy combat continued for several
      days, but as the invasion force grew to more than 7,000 troops. The
      defenders either surrendered or fled into the island's hill country.
      Some fighting continued as U.S. troops hunted down those who resisted
      the invasion to the bitter end.

      U.S. combat forces left Grenada in the middle of December, after pro-
      American government was established on the Island.

      The following is quote from and article titled;" Foreign Policy In
      Focus" By Stephen Zunes. Zunes is an associate professor of politics
      and chair of the Peace & Justice Studies Program at the University of
      San Francisco, and serves as the Middle East editor for the Foreign
      Policy in Focus Project. He is the author of Tinderbox: U.S. Middle
      East Policy and the Roots of Terrorism (Common Courage, 2002).

      ====================================================================================================="The major justification for the invasion was the protection of
      American lives. Reagan administration officials falsely claimed that
      the island's only operating airport was closed, offering the students
      no escape. In reality, scores of people left the island on charter
      flights the day before the U.S. invasion, noting that there was not
      even a visible military presence at the airport and that customs
      procedures were normal. Regularly scheduled flights as well as sea
      links from neighboring Caribbean islands had ceased as of October 21,
      however, though this came as a direct result of pressure placed on
      these governments to do so by U.S. officials. Apparently, by limiting
      the ability of Americans who wished to depart from leaving, the
      Reagan administration could then use their continued presence on the
      troubled island as an excuse to invade. The Reagan administration
      admitted that no significant nonmilitary means of evacuating
      Americans was actively considered.

      Particular concern was expressed over the fate of 800 American
      students at the U.S.-run St. George's University School of Medicine.
      The safe arrival in the United States of the initial group of happy
      and relieved students evacuated from Grenada resulted in excellent
      photo opportunities for the administration. It appears, however, that
      the students' lives were never actually in any danger prior to the
      invasion itself.

      Grenadan and Cuban officials had met only days earlier with
      administrators of the American medical school and guaranteed the
      students' safety. Urgent requests by the State Department's Milan
      Bish to medical school officials that they publicly request U.S.
      military intervention to protect the students were refused. Five
      hundred parents of the medical students cabled President Reagan to
      insist he not take any "precipitous action." Staff members from the
      U.S. embassy in Barbados visited Grenada and saw no need to evacuate
      the students.

      The medical school's chancellor, Charles Modica, polled students and
      found that 90% did not want to be evacuated. Despite repeated
      inquiries as to whether Washington was considering military action,
      he was told nothing of the sort was being considered. As the invasion
      commenced, Dr. Modica angrily denounced the invasion as totally
      unnecessary and a far greater risk to the students' safety than
      Grenada's domestic crisis. Vice-chancellor Geoffrey Bourne and Bursar
      Gary Solin also declared their steadfast opposition. The U.S. media
      focused great attention on the students who were first evacuated and
      "debriefed" by U.S. officials who generally supported the invasion.
      However, virtually no attention was given to those who stayed behind,
      who tended to be more familiar with the island and who largely
      opposed U.S. intervention. There were no confirmed reports of any
      American civilians harmed or threatened before or during the
      invasion. It was three days after U.S. troops initially landed before
      they decided to take control of the second medical school campus,
      raising questions as to whether the safety of Americans was really
      the foremost priority."
      =====================================================================================================It is now clear that the St. George's Medical School was a prime
      location the U.S. Military wanted to capture as soon as possible.
      Even though it is also now very evident that the American students
      at the school were at no time in any danger.

      I think it is safe for me to conclude that Sir Eric by this time had
      passed on to the U.S. government where he had place the giant alien
      body and the metallic debris that was recovered that early morning on
      the island of Grenada.

      It is known that a team of specially selected Graves Registration
      (GRREG) personnel were assembled on 27 October 1983 at the Dover Air
      Force Base mortuary in Dover, Delaware. This group of experts which
      were to serve as an Identification team were assigned to the US
      forces occupying the St. George's Medical School on the Island of
      Grenada. Their cover story was they were sent there to identify the
      bodies of the crew members of two helicopters that accidentally
      crashed during the invasion. Why were specialists needed for this
      purpose?

      Sir Eric Matthew Gairy returned to Grenada in 1984, from exile in the
      United States. There he suffered from a stroke, and became totally
      blind , he also became mentally incapacitated. Sir Eric Gairy died on
      23 August 1997. He was given a state funeral as he was recognized for
      being a unique personality in the history of Grenadian politics.

      The reader can find a great deal about Sir Eric Gairy by searching
      the Internet. You will find that he is mostly described as once
      being a despotic dictator of the Island nation of Grenada who was
      over thrown by a Marxist group of rebels. Furthermore the reader will
      find that most author's of these articles relish in the fact that
      they have the opportunity to say that Sir Eric was a strange person
      that believed that extraterrestrials existed and were visiting the
      planet Earth.

      I am pleased that I had the personal honor and privilege of meeting
      Sir Eric Gairy. I found him to be a gentleman of exceptional
      intelligence and truthfulness. I believe that the real Sir Eric that
      I met would be best understood by reading the speech he gave before
      the United Nations, General Assembly, Thirty-Third Session, 32nd
      Plenary Meeting, on Thursday, 12 October 1978.

      After the Invasion of Grenada President Ronald Reagan in several
      speeches he said variations of the following statement:

      "At our meeting in Geneva, the U.S. President said that if the earth
      faced an invasion by extraterrestrials, the United states and the
      Soviet Union would join forces to repel such an invasion. I shall not
      dispute the hypothesis, although I think it's early yet to worry
      about such an intrusion. It is much more important to think about the
      problems that have entered in our common home."

      I wonder what put this idea in his head???

      Possible related material:

      Marine life treasure trove found
      By Rebecca Morelle
      BBC News science reporter
      Tuesday,14 February 2006

      Key points of this Article:

      "The find was made in the Saba Bank Atoll, a coral-crowned sea mount,
      250km southeast of Puerto Rico in the Netherlands Antilles.

      New species
      It is ranked as the third largest atoll in the world and has an
      enormous active reef."
      ===========================================================================================The reef mentioned above is located to the northeast of the island of
      Grenada

      The fact that Sir Eric said that one of the alien metal boxes that
      was found on the beach with the alien body contained specimens of
      fish and sea plant life does bring to mind the possibility that the
      alien met with a disaster after visiting this unique marine reef. Or
      maybe he was part of a expedition to restock the reef.

      Take note of the fact that animals thought to be extinct are
      beginning to reappear on the Earth along with a considerable number
      of species never before seen or cataloged. There is evidence that
      this repopulation of extinct animals and initation of new species to
      the Earth is being carried out by extraterrestrials.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2006
        thank you, joy
[...]

        From this club it is said Sir Eric conducted business like a small
[...]

        ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com