Re: New page on UFO reports by British RAF jet fighter pilots (1990)

  • Joe McGonagle
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2006
      --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Frits Westra" <ufo-net@...> wrote:
      Hi Frits,

      <snip>

      >> Please read the article at http://www.ufonet.nl . Click on the British
      >> flag (bottom left), then click on News.
      >> Thank you for your interest.
      >> Best wishes,
      >> Frits Westra
      >> UFO Working Group Netherlands

      Kudos to UWN for an excellent example of international
      co-operation and objective research and presentation. I
      appreciate the effort that has gone into not only obtaining the
      facts, but also the work on the web-site, especially the
      translation into English.

      It is interesting to note that I have seen no evidence that the
      MoD were aware of the true cause of the report in spite of their
      space surveilance facilities such as Fylingdales, yet a number of
      civilian resources were able to achieve conclusive identification
      with relative ease. I think this exemplifies the lack of MoD
      interest and their impotence in relation to the topic of UFOs.

      Regards,
      Joe
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2006
        Hi Joe and Gary,

        Thank you for your compliments! I am glad that you like the final result.
        After we had put the first version of the Tornado web page online in
        December, we were surprised by the amount and quality of the information
        we received, especially from the UK. Then, we spent much energy in putting
        all pieces together in a, hopefully, easily understandable way, in Dutch
        and English. This extraordinary case deserves it and we intend to leave
        the page online indefinitely.

        On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 00:53:03 +0100, Joe McGonagle <joe@...> wrote:

        > It is interesting to note that I have seen no evidence that the
        > MoD were aware of the true cause of the report in spite of their
        > space surveilance facilities such as Fylingdales, yet a number of
        > civilian resources were able to achieve conclusive identification
        > with relative ease. I think this exemplifies the lack of MoD
        > interest and their impotence in relation to the topic of UFOs.

        It also contains an ingredient present in other UFO cases, IMO: witnesses
        who are considered (very) reliable, but who prove to be still subject to
        human perception limitations. Generalizing is seldom sensible in ufology,
        but in my personal experience as an investigator, perceptual issues are a
        crucial factor in a lot of UFO reports.

        Best regards,
        Frits