New page on UFO reports by British RAF jet fighter pilots (1990)

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2006
      Dear all,

      One of the most intriguing UFO cases in recent Dutch history is from 1990:
      In that year, British jet fighter pilots reported a large unknown object
      over the Netherlands. A few months ago, we presented the radio
      communications recording on our website. Six military aircrew on board of
      three Tornado jet fighters were involved in this UFO incident.

      Now there is a fully revised web page where old research is combined with
      new information from the radio communications. This case illustrates how
      certain perceptual processes may lead to a UFO report.

      Please read the article at http://www.ufonet.nl . Click on the British
      flag (bottom left), then click on News.

      Thank you for your interest.

      Best wishes,

      Frits Westra
      UFO Working Group Netherlands
    • Joe McGonagle
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2006
        --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Frits Westra" <ufo-net@...> wrote:
        Hi Frits,

        <snip>

        >> Please read the article at http://www.ufonet.nl . Click on the British
        >> flag (bottom left), then click on News.
        >> Thank you for your interest.
        >> Best wishes,
        >> Frits Westra
        >> UFO Working Group Netherlands

        Kudos to UWN for an excellent example of international
        co-operation and objective research and presentation. I
        appreciate the effort that has gone into not only obtaining the
        facts, but also the work on the web-site, especially the
        translation into English.

        It is interesting to note that I have seen no evidence that the
        MoD were aware of the true cause of the report in spite of their
        space surveilance facilities such as Fylingdales, yet a number of
        civilian resources were able to achieve conclusive identification
        with relative ease. I think this exemplifies the lack of MoD
        interest and their impotence in relation to the topic of UFOs.

        Regards,
        Joe
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2006
          Hi Joe and Gary,

          Thank you for your compliments! I am glad that you like the final result.
          After we had put the first version of the Tornado web page online in
          December, we were surprised by the amount and quality of the information
          we received, especially from the UK. Then, we spent much energy in putting
          all pieces together in a, hopefully, easily understandable way, in Dutch
          and English. This extraordinary case deserves it and we intend to leave
          the page online indefinitely.

          On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 00:53:03 +0100, Joe McGonagle <joe@...> wrote:

          > It is interesting to note that I have seen no evidence that the
          > MoD were aware of the true cause of the report in spite of their
          > space surveilance facilities such as Fylingdales, yet a number of
          > civilian resources were able to achieve conclusive identification
          > with relative ease. I think this exemplifies the lack of MoD
          > interest and their impotence in relation to the topic of UFOs.

          It also contains an ingredient present in other UFO cases, IMO: witnesses
          who are considered (very) reliable, but who prove to be still subject to
          human perception limitations. Generalizing is seldom sensible in ufology,
          but in my personal experience as an investigator, perceptual issues are a
          crucial factor in a lot of UFO reports.

          Best regards,
          Frits