Nick Pope's Column

    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 13, 2006
      February 2006

      Weird World
      NICK POPE

      http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/February_2006/252.cntns

      Welcome to the February 2006 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
      abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
      weird and the wonderful.

      The Rendlesham Forest UFO Case

      There was extensive media coverage of the 25th anniversary of the
      Rendlesham Forest UFO incident, which occurred over the Christmas period
      in 1980. This is the most compelling UFO encounter ever to have taken
      place in Britain and has generated a massive amount of interest not just
      from UFO researchers but from the media and the public. There are several
      books on the incident, the best known of which is You Can't Tell The
      People, authored by Hot Gossip Editor in Chief Georgina Bruni. The 25th
      anniversary media coverage included a two page article that I was
      commissioned to write for the Daily Express, a major feature in The Sun,
      national radio features on BBC Radio Five Live and Talk Sport, and a whole
      host of other regional newspaper and radio coverage. I also did an outside
      broadcast live from the forest for the new Channel 4 breakfast show,
      Morning Glory.

      Left At East Gate

      The other well known book on the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident is Left at
      East Gate, co-authored by Larry Warren and Peter Robbins. This book has
      recently been updated and republished by Cosimo-on-Demand. Order through
      Amazon or all the other usual sites for books, making sure that you get
      hold of the new, updated version. Peter Robbins spent much of December in
      the UK and gave a number of lectures about the Rendlesham Forest incident
      to UFO groups around the country, and spent the 25th anniversary itself in
      the forest with Larry Warren and die-hard UFO enthusiasts who braved
      sub-zero temperatures to mark the event.

      Kittie Klaw

      I recently met up with one of the most extraordinary paranormal
      investigators in the UK, the multi-talented Kittie Klaw. As well as being
      an expert on all matters paranormal and psychic, Kittie is involved in a
      wide range of dancing, acting and modelling. One of her ventures is the
      Ministry of Burlesque, currently launching Battle of Burlesque - a sort of
      Search for a Star for the world of glamorous cabaret performers. Check out
      www.ministryofburlesque.com for the details of this series of events and
      check out www.kittieklaw.com for more information about this
      extraordinarily talented performer. Kittie and I decided that a little
      collaboration would be in order, on various projects, so watch this space.
      Ministry of Defence meets Ministry of Burlesque. Interesting.

      Britain's Roswell

      OK, this is yet another story about the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident,
      but I make no apologies, because this has been a massive story here in the
      UK over recent weeks. There are numerous documentaries on the subject,
      including the Sci-Fi Channel show UFO Invasion at Rendlesham. Now The
      History Channel have a new show on the incident, featuring Charles Halt,
      James Penniston, John Burroughs, Georgina Bruni, Peter Robbins, Larry
      Warren and myself, among others. The documentary was shown first last
      month, but has been repeated several times. Check your TV schedules for
      details.

      Dana Centre

      The Dana Centre at the Science Museum are holding another event that will
      cover UFOs and aliens. Taking place from 6pm through to 11pm on Friday 17
      February, the event is free, but booking is essential. The Dana Centre is
      all about making science fun and making people think about contemporary
      scientific issues. This is the third of these Science Museum events in
      which I have participated and I welcome the fact that they are prepared
      increasingly to look at featuring discussions, debates and events on alien
      life, UFOs and abductions. It is a welcome sign that such subjects are
      becoming more mainstream. At the last such event, the TV cameras turned up
      and I appeared live on London Tonight, so watch this space. Check out
      www.danacentre.org.uk for details out the event and www.danacentre.org.uk
      for details of the Dana Centre and some of their other events.

      The World's Strangest UFO Stories

      A new series looking at UFOs has started on the Discovery Channel here in
      the UK. The World's Strangest UFO Stories started on 15 January and will
      run for several weeks on Sunday evenings, at 10pm, examining various weird
      and wonderful UFO incidents. Stories featured include the incredible
      claims of jazz singer Pamela Stonebrook, who says that she has had sex
      with a six foot tall reptilian extraterrestrial. Check TV listings for the
      Discovery Channel series, and www.intergalacticdiva.com for information
      about Pamela Stonebrook.

      Off The Page

      I recently recorded an edition of the prestigious BBC Radio 4 show, Off
      The Page, where I debated the question 'Are We Alone?'. The programme airs
      on Friday nights at 11pm and my show will probably be played on Friday 3
      February. Yet another example of discussions about UFOs getting an
      increasingly mainstream and Establishment audience.

      Invasion

      Mainstream television interest in all things alien continues with Channel
      4 showing the new US cult sci-fi series Invasion. The series begins with a
      hurricane in Florida, strange lights in the sky, and the mysterious
      involvement of the United States Air Force. As the series unfolds,
      weirdness and paranoia increase, as the small community of Homestead
      struggles to rebuild itself. But is Homestead the only place in danger, or
      is the entire human race in peril?

      Phenomena Magazine

      For anyone with an interest in UFOs, the unexplained, the paranormal, the
      mysterious and the esoteric, Phenomena Magazine is well worth your time.
      Updated daily by the prolific editor Robin Crookshank-Hilton, the site is
      packed full of interesting news stories, in depth features and interviews.
      Check http://phenomena.cinescape.com for the magazine, and
      http://phenomena.cinescape.com/0/Editorial.asp (or search for my name once
      in the site) for probably the lengthiest interview I have given in recent
      years.

      Ed's Note:

      Nick Pope has written four books. Open Skies, Closed Minds is an overview
      of the UFO phenomenon with the emphasis on his official Ministry of
      Defence research and investigation. The Uninvited is an overview of the
      alien abduction mystery. Operation Thunder Child and Operation Lightning
      Strike are science fiction novels about alien invasion, incorporating UFO
      and abduction data. All four titles are available from most good bookshops
      and all the usual Internet book sites.

      Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

      © Knight International
      www.knight-intl.com