Re: [UFOnet] Re: The Phoenix Lights Case and book

  • geoff@thewhyfiles.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 23, 2006
      James,
      My review of Dr. Lynn's book has been published at
      http://www.thewhyfiles.net/phoenixlights.htm
      for about two years. Plus it has appeared on a number of other websites,
      mailing lists, forums and Amazon Books for the same period.
      Why after this length of time do you start to question it?
      As far as the flare theory goes I believe that the analysis of the flares
      (performed by a company in California?) was proven to be inaccurate or
      possibly even worse that inaccurate. I also believe that a comment to this
      extent is in Dr. Lynn's book.
      As yet I haven't had time to check the exact quote/page.
      However, are we debating the events, the book about the events, the people
      involved in interpreting the events, the people involved in writing a book
      about the events or my review of the book?
      I have lost track. It is fine for you to state that you disagree with my
      review, no problems there. But to evaluate a book using MUFON politics and
      personal differences as guidelines is wrong.
      Tell you what, write a review of the book yourself and publish it via UFOnet
      etc.. and on your own website. That way we can come to some decision
      regarding your points of view in the matter.
      Cheers,
      Geoff

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 23, 2006
        ---
        >I'd be happy to stop attacking or criticising your character, or
        >whatever, but there is a similar request transmitted to me
        >psychically by Dr. Lynn, Jim D. and Bill H.. They tell me they
        >would prefer not to read the insinuations about their integrity
        >on this mesage board also.

        Of course they don't want to read it because it's true. I have given
        you the name of a witness to verify what happened at the book
        signing. Are you afraid to verify it? Or, have you sipped the koolaid
        too?

        Dr Lynn believed in these people. But, when you write a book about an
        important UFO incident such as this, should you not present both
        sides of the flare theory? She just mocked it.

        Did you read the investigative article written by reporter Tony
        Ortega of the New Times called the Hack and the Quack? I will provide
        you with the link if you have not. Hamilton called it a "hack job"
        since it was ctiticizing Jim Diletosso. Hamilton informed me that
        Ortega apologized to Jim D. about the content.

        Suspicious of this, I tracked down Mr. Ortega, who was now working
        out of the L.A office for the New Times. Ortega informed me that
        Hamilton was lying and that he stood by his article. He had never
        apologized to Jim D. I have his phone number if you want to run that
        lead down to? Or, do you care about the truth?

        As far as the actual sighting, I am only commenting on the March 13,
        1997 episode. It would be irresponsible to comment on her other
        sightings that she took previously.

      • delchay2005
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 23, 2006
          ---
          Richard Motzer's triangulation and timeline of events that occurred
          that evening were published in the MUFON UFO journal. Richard poured
          his own money into the investigation and produced a short video on
          the 10:00 PM event. His investigation has been supported by many top
          Ufologists including Bruce Macabbee, a top rearcher in the field. He
          has a whole section devoted to the Phoenix Lights.

          Did Dr. Lynn cover this in her book. Nope. Not a word. If you are
          going to write a comprehensive book about this case, would'nt you
          want to cover both sides of the equation?

          I have been speaking out on this subject for many years on a local
          level. The incidents I cited to my post to Stuart are the truth and
          can be verified.

          It is unfortunate that people do not research something and
          automatically believe what is told to them on television and in book
          form.

          I think what happened with the Phoenix Lights is there was a media
          frenzy fueled by greed of selling footage taken that night of March
          13th. I do not think Dr Lynn was a part of that. I think she was
          duped in believing in a man that should not be taken seriosly as a
          credible UFO investigator.

          Please go to the UFOwatchdog website. You can read all about Mr.
          Delettoso in the UFO Hall of Shame section which will provide you
          eith a link to the investigative report on him by the New Times
          reporter Tony Ortega.

          Don't drink the Koolaid on the Phoenix Lights case Geoff, get the
          facts.

          James

          In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, <geoff@t...> wrote:

          > James,
          > My review of Dr. Lynn's book has been published at
          > http://www.thewhyfiles.net/phoenixlights.htm
          > for about two years. Plus it has appeared on a number of other
          websites,
          > mailing lists, forums and Amazon Books for the same period.
          > Why after this length of time do you start to question it?
          > As far as the flare theory goes I believe that the analysis of the
          flares
          > (performed by a company in California?) was proven to be inaccurate
          or
          > possibly even worse that inaccurate. I also believe that a comment
          to this
          > extent is in Dr. Lynn's book.
          > As yet I haven't had time to check the exact quote/page.
          > However, are we debating the events, the book about the events, the
          people
          > involved in interpreting the events, the people involved in writing
          a book
          > about the events or my review of the book?
          > I have lost track. It is fine for you to state that you disagree
          with my
          > review, no problems there. But to evaluate a book using MUFON
          politics and
          > personal differences as guidelines is wrong.
          > Tell you what, write a review of the book yourself and publish it
          via UFOnet
          > etc.. and on your own website. That way we can come to some
          decision
          > regarding your points of view in the matter.
          > Cheers,
          > Geoff

        • Geoff Richardson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 24, 2006
            Hi James,
            Regardless of what you regard as convenient omissions from Dr. Lynn's book I do hope that you have done me the courtesy of at least reading the whole of www.thewhyfiles.net/phoenixlights.htm

            On occasion I have found that The WHY? Files have been automatically criticised and it is painfully obvious to me that they haven't even bothered to read the very content that is being referred to( quite common in what some cowardly and self-important people like to describe as blogs).

            Tell you what, James, write a decent critique of Dr. Lynn's book and we will publish it on The WHY? Files - it will get at least a little attention as we have achieved in excess of 40 million hits in 18 months.

            As far as your comments regarding Jim D. are concerned I can tell you that about 2 years ago I used the phrase "UFO Community" in a posting on a UFO group. I have to tell you that some members of that group were quite adamant that the use of the word "community" was almost ridiculous after the character assassination that Jim D. had recently suffered at the hands of (presumably) your buddies. There are two sides (or more) to most stories and this certainly applies to Jim D.
            There you are James, the offer stands - write a decent and accurate response and it will be added to the Phoenix Lights page of The WHY? Files.
            Best,
            Geoff

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 24, 2006
              ---
              Geoff and Stuart

              Thank you for the offer Geoff. It you would just provide the link to
              the Printy article that was on UFO watchdog that would suffice. It is
              the best summation of the events that evening and would give a
              balance to the outragious claims of Jim Dilettoso and his silly, non-
              scientific investigation of the lights.

              I will give Jim credit though. He was a master of manipulating the
              press, which is the real culprit here. Not checking out the
              background of this man and believing in his techniques was a faulty
              judgment of all who believed in the Phoenix Lights case.
              His testing technique of the flare footage was so bizarre and
              inaccurate that it had all of us scratching our collective heads.

              You see, you can't test flare lights and compare them to street
              lamps. Each image has their own grahic make up. Even if they are
              positioned side by side. Diletosso attempted to scam everyone.It is
              impossible to test such footage due to the lack of resolution on
              video tape. He actually admitted that this was correct at the Phoenix
              College debate that we had.

              But the press bought it, and so many other people did too. I was in
              Dick Motzer's film lab and saw his testing methods. They were to be
              commended. He did a frame by frame comparrison on the grainy "V"
              formation, you can acually see independant movement of objects within
              the "V" proving that they were nothing more than a group of planes.

              Of course that was not in Dr. Lynn's book either.

              I sat in Tom King's photo lab and saw how he checked the movement of
              the flare lights in conjunction with wind direction. He then realized
              after first believing that they were orbs, admitting now that they
              were nothing but military flares. That shows credibility to admit
              when your wrong.Tom King was with Bill Hamilton the night of March
              13, 1997 and took extensive footage.

              That was not in Dr Lynn's book either.

              As far as character assasination is concerned. I have given you the
              names of the people that can verify what I have said, It is the truth
              and I stand by my comments.

              I can go on and on about Bill Hamilton too but I won't. I will tell
              you a humerous tid bit though. He did a two part story on the Phoenix
              Lights for UFO magazine a few years ago. He used a photograph of
              supposed flare lights and in the caption it posed the question of "Do
              these look like the Phoenix Lights Flares?" I am paraphrasing the
              question, but it made it seem as though these were flare photos taken
              in Arizona. In reality, they were photos taken in an out-of-state
              military gunnery range and sent to the MUFON State Director to show
              him what flare footage looked like. The picture was sent to him by
              John Schussler. Schussler sent UFO Magazine a letter stating this. Do
              you think Hamilton ever responded? Nope!!!!!!!!!!!

              In Ufology, you have to check the messenger before you believe in the
              message.

              The real mystery of this case involves the earlier 8:30 PM event.
              That is what should be debated now.

              James

              In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Geoff Richardson" <Geoffrich@f...> wrote:

              > Hi James,
              > Regardless of what you regard as convenient omissions from Dr.
              Lynn's book I do hope that you have done me the courtesy of at least
              reading the whole of www.thewhyfiles.net/phoenixlights.htm

              > On occasion I have found that The WHY? Files have been
              automatically criticised and it is painfully obvious to me that they
              haven't even bothered to read the very content that is being referred
              to( quite common in what some cowardly and self-important people like
              to describe as blogs).

              > Tell you what, James, write a decent critique of Dr. Lynn's book
              and we will publish it on The WHY? Files - it will get at least a
              little attention as we have achieved in excess of 40 million hits in
              18 months.

              > As far as your comments regarding Jim D. are concerned I can tell
              you that about 2 years ago I used the phrase "UFO Community" in a
              posting on a UFO group. I have to tell you that some members of that
              group were quite adamant that the use of the word "community" was
              almost ridiculous after the character assassination that Jim D. had
              recently suffered at the hands of (presumably) your buddies. There
              are two sides (or more) to most stories and this certainly applies to
              Jim D.
              > There you are James, the offer stands - write a decent and accurate
              response and it will be added to the Phoenix Lights page of The WHY?
              Files.
              > Best,
              > Geoff

            • Geoff Richardson
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 24, 2006
                The real mystery of this case involves the earlier 8:30 PM event.
                That is what should be debated now.

                Exactly, both before and after the event which is known as The Phoenix Lights there were, in my limited opinion, events which seem to be conveniently ignored.

                James, I won't provide a link to UFO Watchdog as Royce did, in fact, make a very inaccurate remark about The WHY? Files some years ago.
                It didn't really bother me at the time as it was said in passing to someone else in an email. However, what bothers me is just what would he make of someone else who made a similar error? Jump on them from a great height?

                Best,
                Geoff