Re: [UFOnet] KENNETH ARNOLD'S DAUGHTER

  • Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
      Hi Geoff,

      Geoff Richardson wrote:
      > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
      > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
      > Geoff Richardson

      Indeed, maybe so!

      For an answer, check:

      and:

      and:

      Cheers,
      Joe
    • Geoff Richardson
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
        Hi Joe,
        Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
        I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
        Thanks,
        Geoff Richardson
        > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
        > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
        > Geoff Richardson

        Indeed, maybe so!

        For an answer, check:

        and:

        and:

        Cheers,
        Joe

        ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Website: http://www.ufonet.nl

        further investigation.

      • Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
          Hi Geoff,

          Geoff Richardson wrote:
          > Hi Joe,
          > Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
          > I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
          > Thanks,
          > Geoff Richardson

          Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

          It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
          a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
          to prevent it re-occuring.

          I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
          the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
          but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
          post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
          those actions, further wasting my time.

          If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
          suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
          sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
          It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

          If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
          have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
          the numbers.

          Cheers,
          Joe
        • Geoff Richardson
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 14, 2006
            --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle" <joe@u...>
            wrote:

            > > First of all I apologise for the delay in responding - been very
            busy.This posting does not need a reply.

            > Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

            Didn't realise I had, just wanted to understand the situation.

            > It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
            > a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
            > to prevent it re-occuring.

            As I said, Joe, we do all make mistakes - me more than most.

            > I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
            > the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
            > but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
            > post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
            > those actions, further wasting my time.

            Whoops, sorry.

            > If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
            > suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
            > sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
            > It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

            I don't mind at all, in fact I suspect that it is probably at
            least partly true of most people who have been involved in Ufology
            for any lenth of time. I am quite aware, based on my own
            experiences, that on occasion statments in postings can be
            misinterpreted and I wanted to understand the situation correctly.

            > If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
            > have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
            > the numbers.

            I am very grateful to anyone who moderates the groups I am a
            member of. I appreciate the dedication it requires.

            Thank you,
            Geoff