Re: [UFOnet] KENNETH ARNOLD'S DAUGHTER

  • Geoff Richardson
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
      Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
      Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
      Geoff Richardson
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
        Hi Geoff,

        Geoff Richardson wrote:
        > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
        > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
        > Geoff Richardson

        Indeed, maybe so!

        For an answer, check:

        and:

        and:

        Cheers,
        Joe
      • Geoff Richardson
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
          Hi Joe,
          Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
          I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
          Thanks,
          Geoff Richardson
          > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
          > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
          > Geoff Richardson

          Indeed, maybe so!

          For an answer, check:

          and:

          and:

          Cheers,
          Joe

          ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Website: http://www.ufonet.nl

          further investigation.

        • Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
            Hi Geoff,

            Geoff Richardson wrote:
            > Hi Joe,
            > Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
            > I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
            > Thanks,
            > Geoff Richardson

            Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

            It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
            a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
            to prevent it re-occuring.

            I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
            the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
            but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
            post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
            those actions, further wasting my time.

            If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
            suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
            sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
            It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

            If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
            have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
            the numbers.

            Cheers,
            Joe
          • Geoff Richardson
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 14, 2006
              --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle" <joe@u...>
              wrote:

              > > First of all I apologise for the delay in responding - been very
              busy.This posting does not need a reply.

              > Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

              Didn't realise I had, just wanted to understand the situation.

              > It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
              > a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
              > to prevent it re-occuring.

              As I said, Joe, we do all make mistakes - me more than most.

              > I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
              > the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
              > but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
              > post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
              > those actions, further wasting my time.

              Whoops, sorry.

              > If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
              > suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
              > sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
              > It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

              I don't mind at all, in fact I suspect that it is probably at
              least partly true of most people who have been involved in Ufology
              for any lenth of time. I am quite aware, based on my own
              experiences, that on occasion statments in postings can be
              misinterpreted and I wanted to understand the situation correctly.

              > If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
              > have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
              > the numbers.

              I am very grateful to anyone who moderates the groups I am a
              member of. I appreciate the dedication it requires.

              Thank you,
              Geoff