KENNETH ARNOLD'S DAUGHTER

  • Philip Mantle
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006
      Hi there,

      I would like to ask if you have or know anyone that has a contact of any
      kind for Kenneth Arnold's daughter. Any assistance with this request would
      be greatly appreciated.

      Regards,
      Philip Mantle.
    • Geoff Richardson
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
        Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
        Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
        Geoff Richardson
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
          Hi Geoff,

          Geoff Richardson wrote:
          > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
          > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
          > Geoff Richardson

          Indeed, maybe so!

          For an answer, check:

          and:

          and:

          Cheers,
          Joe
        • Geoff Richardson
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
            Hi Joe,
            Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
            I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
            Thanks,
            Geoff Richardson
            > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
            > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
            > Geoff Richardson

            Indeed, maybe so!

            For an answer, check:

            and:

            and:

            Cheers,
            Joe

            ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            Website: http://www.ufonet.nl

            further investigation.

          • Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
              Hi Geoff,

              Geoff Richardson wrote:
              > Hi Joe,
              > Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
              > I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
              > Thanks,
              > Geoff Richardson

              Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

              It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
              a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
              to prevent it re-occuring.

              I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
              the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
              but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
              post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
              those actions, further wasting my time.

              If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
              suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
              sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
              It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

              If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
              have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
              the numbers.

              Cheers,
              Joe
            • Geoff Richardson
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 14, 2006
                --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle" <joe@u...>
                wrote:

                > > First of all I apologise for the delay in responding - been very
                busy.This posting does not need a reply.

                > Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

                Didn't realise I had, just wanted to understand the situation.

                > It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
                > a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
                > to prevent it re-occuring.

                As I said, Joe, we do all make mistakes - me more than most.

                > I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
                > the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
                > but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
                > post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
                > those actions, further wasting my time.

                Whoops, sorry.

                > If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
                > suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
                > sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
                > It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

                I don't mind at all, in fact I suspect that it is probably at
                least partly true of most people who have been involved in Ufology
                for any lenth of time. I am quite aware, based on my own
                experiences, that on occasion statments in postings can be
                misinterpreted and I wanted to understand the situation correctly.

                > If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
                > have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
                > the numbers.

                I am very grateful to anyone who moderates the groups I am a
                member of. I appreciate the dedication it requires.

                Thank you,
                Geoff