Re: [UFOnet] What happened to SkyOpen Group

  • UfoAndromeda@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
      Thanx, Brian...... interesting...... a note from the future..... well,
      the way things are getting weird now, anything seems to be
      possible..... as I've noticed, this sure ain't the reality I grew up
      or started out in....very bizarre nowadays, eh?

      Last mailing mailing I received from you was Nov. 23..... if I've missed
      anything and need to resubscribe, please advise.

      Every good thing to you in the New Year.....

      Eyes ever Up,
      Loree

      > Howdy
      >
      > Here is a little information for ya to read.
      >
      > The Rise And Fall Of  Skywatch International
      >
      > http://www.rense.com/general69/risen.htm
      >
      > I heard rumors sometime ago about things at Skywatch International about
      > something happening. I guess finally it did.
      >
      > take care
      > Brian

    • HBCC UFO Research
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
        Hi Loree

        Your very welcome, I do agree, these times are getting very strange alright. Gosh I have sent out a stack of newsletters since the date you provided. I guess you can either check out the past posts here on UFONet or if you haven't, you can sign up for the free newsletter I throw out from time to time. This can be found at:

        Take care
        Brian

        Thanx, Brian...... interesting...... a note from the future..... well,
        the way things are getting weird now, anything seems to be
        possible..... as I've noticed, this sure ain't the reality I grew up
        or started out in....very bizarre nowadays, eh?

        Last mailing mailing I received from you was Nov. 23..... if I've missed
        anything and need to resubscribe, please advise.

        Every good thing to you in the New Year.....

        Eyes ever Up,
        Loree

        > Howdy
        >
        > Here is a little information for ya to read.
        >
        > The Rise And Fall Of Skywatch International
        >
        > http://www.rense.com/general69/risen.htm
        >
        > I heard rumors sometime ago about things at Skywatch International about
        > something happening. I guess finally it did.
        >
        > take care
        > Brian

        ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Website: http://www.ufonet.nl

        further investigation.

      • Philip Mantle
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006
          Hi there,

          I would like to ask if you have or know anyone that has a contact of any
          kind for Kenneth Arnold's daughter. Any assistance with this request would
          be greatly appreciated.

          Regards,
          Philip Mantle.
        • Geoff Richardson
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
            Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
            Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
            Geoff Richardson
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
              Hi Geoff,

              Geoff Richardson wrote:
              > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
              > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
              > Geoff Richardson

              Indeed, maybe so!

              For an answer, check:

              and:

              and:

              Cheers,
              Joe
            • Geoff Richardson
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
                Hi Joe,
                Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
                I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
                Thanks,
                Geoff Richardson
                > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
                > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
                > Geoff Richardson

                Indeed, maybe so!

                For an answer, check:

                and:

                and:

                Cheers,
                Joe

                ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                Website: http://www.ufonet.nl

                further investigation.

              • Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
                  Hi Geoff,

                  Geoff Richardson wrote:
                  > Hi Joe,
                  > Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
                  > I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
                  > Thanks,
                  > Geoff Richardson

                  Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

                  It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
                  a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
                  to prevent it re-occuring.

                  I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
                  the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
                  but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
                  post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
                  those actions, further wasting my time.

                  If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
                  suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
                  sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
                  It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

                  If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
                  have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
                  the numbers.

                  Cheers,
                  Joe
                • Geoff Richardson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 14, 2006
                    --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle" <joe@u...>
                    wrote:

                    > > First of all I apologise for the delay in responding - been very
                    busy.This posting does not need a reply.

                    > Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

                    Didn't realise I had, just wanted to understand the situation.

                    > It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
                    > a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
                    > to prevent it re-occuring.

                    As I said, Joe, we do all make mistakes - me more than most.

                    > I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
                    > the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
                    > but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
                    > post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
                    > those actions, further wasting my time.

                    Whoops, sorry.

                    > If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
                    > suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
                    > sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
                    > It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

                    I don't mind at all, in fact I suspect that it is probably at
                    least partly true of most people who have been involved in Ufology
                    for any lenth of time. I am quite aware, based on my own
                    experiences, that on occasion statments in postings can be
                    misinterpreted and I wanted to understand the situation correctly.

                    > If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
                    > have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
                    > the numbers.

                    I am very grateful to anyone who moderates the groups I am a
                    member of. I appreciate the dedication it requires.

                    Thank you,
                    Geoff