RE: [UFOnet] What happened to SkyOpen Group

  • LB
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
      I don't know what happened but seemed to be a problem between the list
      owner and Bill Hamilton. It disappeared quite unexpectedly to me.
      brknhrt

    • UfoAndromeda@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
        Thanx, Brian...... interesting...... a note from the future..... well,
        the way things are getting weird now, anything seems to be
        possible..... as I've noticed, this sure ain't the reality I grew up
        or started out in....very bizarre nowadays, eh?

        Last mailing mailing I received from you was Nov. 23..... if I've missed
        anything and need to resubscribe, please advise.

        Every good thing to you in the New Year.....

        Eyes ever Up,
        Loree

        > Howdy
        >
        > Here is a little information for ya to read.
        >
        > The Rise And Fall Of  Skywatch International
        >
        > http://www.rense.com/general69/risen.htm
        >
        > I heard rumors sometime ago about things at Skywatch International about
        > something happening. I guess finally it did.
        >
        > take care
        > Brian

      • HBCC UFO Research
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
          Hi Loree

          Your very welcome, I do agree, these times are getting very strange alright. Gosh I have sent out a stack of newsletters since the date you provided. I guess you can either check out the past posts here on UFONet or if you haven't, you can sign up for the free newsletter I throw out from time to time. This can be found at:

          Take care
          Brian

          Thanx, Brian...... interesting...... a note from the future..... well,
          the way things are getting weird now, anything seems to be
          possible..... as I've noticed, this sure ain't the reality I grew up
          or started out in....very bizarre nowadays, eh?

          Last mailing mailing I received from you was Nov. 23..... if I've missed
          anything and need to resubscribe, please advise.

          Every good thing to you in the New Year.....

          Eyes ever Up,
          Loree

          > Howdy
          >
          > Here is a little information for ya to read.
          >
          > The Rise And Fall Of Skywatch International
          >
          > http://www.rense.com/general69/risen.htm
          >
          > I heard rumors sometime ago about things at Skywatch International about
          > something happening. I guess finally it did.
          >
          > take care
          > Brian

          ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Website: http://www.ufonet.nl

          further investigation.

        • Philip Mantle
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006
            Hi there,

            I would like to ask if you have or know anyone that has a contact of any
            kind for Kenneth Arnold's daughter. Any assistance with this request would
            be greatly appreciated.

            Regards,
            Philip Mantle.
          • Geoff Richardson
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
              Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
              Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
              Geoff Richardson
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
                Hi Geoff,

                Geoff Richardson wrote:
                > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
                > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
                > Geoff Richardson

                Indeed, maybe so!

                For an answer, check:

                and:

                and:

                Cheers,
                Joe
              • Geoff Richardson
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
                  Hi Joe,
                  Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
                  I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
                  Thanks,
                  Geoff Richardson
                  > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
                  > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
                  > Geoff Richardson

                  Indeed, maybe so!

                  For an answer, check:

                  and:

                  and:

                  Cheers,
                  Joe

                  ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                  Website: http://www.ufonet.nl

                  further investigation.

                • Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
                    Hi Geoff,

                    Geoff Richardson wrote:
                    > Hi Joe,
                    > Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
                    > I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
                    > Thanks,
                    > Geoff Richardson

                    Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

                    It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
                    a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
                    to prevent it re-occuring.

                    I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
                    the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
                    but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
                    post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
                    those actions, further wasting my time.

                    If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
                    suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
                    sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
                    It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

                    If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
                    have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
                    the numbers.

                    Cheers,
                    Joe
                  • Geoff Richardson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 14, 2006
                      --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle" <joe@u...>
                      wrote:

                      > > First of all I apologise for the delay in responding - been very
                      busy.This posting does not need a reply.

                      > Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

                      Didn't realise I had, just wanted to understand the situation.

                      > It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
                      > a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
                      > to prevent it re-occuring.

                      As I said, Joe, we do all make mistakes - me more than most.

                      > I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
                      > the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
                      > but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
                      > post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
                      > those actions, further wasting my time.

                      Whoops, sorry.

                      > If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
                      > suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
                      > sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
                      > It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

                      I don't mind at all, in fact I suspect that it is probably at
                      least partly true of most people who have been involved in Ufology
                      for any lenth of time. I am quite aware, based on my own
                      experiences, that on occasion statments in postings can be
                      misinterpreted and I wanted to understand the situation correctly.

                      > If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
                      > have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
                      > the numbers.

                      I am very grateful to anyone who moderates the groups I am a
                      member of. I appreciate the dedication it requires.

                      Thank you,
                      Geoff