Re: [UFOnet] What happened to SkyOpen Group

  • HBCC UFO Research
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
      Howdy

      Here is a little information for ya to read.

      The Rise And Fall Of Skywatch International

      http://www.rense.com/general69/risen.htm

      I heard rumors sometime ago about things at Skywatch International about something happening. I guess finally it did.

      take care
      Brian

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
        I don't know what happened but seemed to be a problem between the list
        owner and Bill Hamilton. It disappeared quite unexpectedly to me.
        brknhrt

      • UfoAndromeda@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
          Thanx, Brian...... interesting...... a note from the future..... well,
          the way things are getting weird now, anything seems to be
          possible..... as I've noticed, this sure ain't the reality I grew up
          or started out in....very bizarre nowadays, eh?

          Last mailing mailing I received from you was Nov. 23..... if I've missed
          anything and need to resubscribe, please advise.

          Every good thing to you in the New Year.....

          Eyes ever Up,
          Loree

          > Howdy
          >
          > Here is a little information for ya to read.
          >
          > The Rise And Fall Of  Skywatch International
          >
          > http://www.rense.com/general69/risen.htm
          >
          > I heard rumors sometime ago about things at Skywatch International about
          > something happening. I guess finally it did.
          >
          > take care
          > Brian

        • HBCC UFO Research
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
            Hi Loree

            Your very welcome, I do agree, these times are getting very strange alright. Gosh I have sent out a stack of newsletters since the date you provided. I guess you can either check out the past posts here on UFONet or if you haven't, you can sign up for the free newsletter I throw out from time to time. This can be found at:

            Take care
            Brian

            Thanx, Brian...... interesting...... a note from the future..... well,
            the way things are getting weird now, anything seems to be
            possible..... as I've noticed, this sure ain't the reality I grew up
            or started out in....very bizarre nowadays, eh?

            Last mailing mailing I received from you was Nov. 23..... if I've missed
            anything and need to resubscribe, please advise.

            Every good thing to you in the New Year.....

            Eyes ever Up,
            Loree

            > Howdy
            >
            > Here is a little information for ya to read.
            >
            > The Rise And Fall Of Skywatch International
            >
            > http://www.rense.com/general69/risen.htm
            >
            > I heard rumors sometime ago about things at Skywatch International about
            > something happening. I guess finally it did.
            >
            > take care
            > Brian

            ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            Website: http://www.ufonet.nl

            further investigation.

          • Philip Mantle
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006
              Hi there,

              I would like to ask if you have or know anyone that has a contact of any
              kind for Kenneth Arnold's daughter. Any assistance with this request would
              be greatly appreciated.

              Regards,
              Philip Mantle.
            • Geoff Richardson
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
                Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
                Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
                Geoff Richardson
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
                  Hi Geoff,

                  Geoff Richardson wrote:
                  > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
                  > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
                  > Geoff Richardson

                  Indeed, maybe so!

                  For an answer, check:

                  and:

                  and:

                  Cheers,
                  Joe
                • Geoff Richardson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
                    Hi Joe,
                    Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
                    I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
                    Thanks,
                    Geoff Richardson
                    > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
                    > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
                    > Geoff Richardson

                    Indeed, maybe so!

                    For an answer, check:

                    and:

                    and:

                    Cheers,
                    Joe

                    ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                    Website: http://www.ufonet.nl

                    further investigation.

                  • Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
                      Hi Geoff,

                      Geoff Richardson wrote:
                      > Hi Joe,
                      > Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
                      > I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
                      > Thanks,
                      > Geoff Richardson

                      Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

                      It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
                      a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
                      to prevent it re-occuring.

                      I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
                      the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
                      but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
                      post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
                      those actions, further wasting my time.

                      If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
                      suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
                      sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
                      It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

                      If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
                      have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
                      the numbers.

                      Cheers,
                      Joe
                    • Geoff Richardson
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 14, 2006
                        --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle" <joe@u...>
                        wrote:

                        > > First of all I apologise for the delay in responding - been very
                        busy.This posting does not need a reply.

                        > Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

                        Didn't realise I had, just wanted to understand the situation.

                        > It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
                        > a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
                        > to prevent it re-occuring.

                        As I said, Joe, we do all make mistakes - me more than most.

                        > I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
                        > the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
                        > but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
                        > post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
                        > those actions, further wasting my time.

                        Whoops, sorry.

                        > If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
                        > suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
                        > sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
                        > It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

                        I don't mind at all, in fact I suspect that it is probably at
                        least partly true of most people who have been involved in Ufology
                        for any lenth of time. I am quite aware, based on my own
                        experiences, that on occasion statments in postings can be
                        misinterpreted and I wanted to understand the situation correctly.

                        > If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
                        > have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
                        > the numbers.

                        I am very grateful to anyone who moderates the groups I am a
                        member of. I appreciate the dedication it requires.

                        Thank you,
                        Geoff