What happened to SkyOpen Group

  • UfoAndromeda@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hi,

      Don't know any other way to find out what happened
      to the SkyOpen Yahoo group since it doesn't appear
      to exist anymore at Yahoo. Seems to have been
      wiped out.

      Anyone know anything?

      Happy New Year everyone, every good thing to all,
      Loree

    • HBCC UFO Research
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
        Howdy

        Here is a little information for ya to read.

        The Rise And Fall Of Skywatch International

        http://www.rense.com/general69/risen.htm

        I heard rumors sometime ago about things at Skywatch International about something happening. I guess finally it did.

        take care
        Brian

        Don't know any other way to find out what happened
        to the SkyOpen Yahoo group since it doesn't appear
        to exist anymore at Yahoo. Seems to have been
        wiped out.

        Anyone know anything?

        Happy New Year everyone, every good thing to all,
        Loree

        ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Website: http://www.ufonet.nl

        further investigation.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
          I don't know what happened but seemed to be a problem between the list
          owner and Bill Hamilton. It disappeared quite unexpectedly to me.
          brknhrt

        • UfoAndromeda@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
            Thanx, Brian...... interesting...... a note from the future..... well,
            the way things are getting weird now, anything seems to be
            possible..... as I've noticed, this sure ain't the reality I grew up
            or started out in....very bizarre nowadays, eh?

            Last mailing mailing I received from you was Nov. 23..... if I've missed
            anything and need to resubscribe, please advise.

            Every good thing to you in the New Year.....

            Eyes ever Up,
            Loree

            > Howdy
            >
            > Here is a little information for ya to read.
            >
            > The Rise And Fall Of  Skywatch International
            >
            > http://www.rense.com/general69/risen.htm
            >
            > I heard rumors sometime ago about things at Skywatch International about
            > something happening. I guess finally it did.
            >
            > take care
            > Brian

          • HBCC UFO Research
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
              Hi Loree

              Your very welcome, I do agree, these times are getting very strange alright. Gosh I have sent out a stack of newsletters since the date you provided. I guess you can either check out the past posts here on UFONet or if you haven't, you can sign up for the free newsletter I throw out from time to time. This can be found at:

              Take care
              Brian

              Thanx, Brian...... interesting...... a note from the future..... well,
              the way things are getting weird now, anything seems to be
              possible..... as I've noticed, this sure ain't the reality I grew up
              or started out in....very bizarre nowadays, eh?

              Last mailing mailing I received from you was Nov. 23..... if I've missed
              anything and need to resubscribe, please advise.

              Every good thing to you in the New Year.....

              Eyes ever Up,
              Loree

              > Howdy
              >
              > Here is a little information for ya to read.
              >
              > The Rise And Fall Of Skywatch International
              >
              > http://www.rense.com/general69/risen.htm
              >
              > I heard rumors sometime ago about things at Skywatch International about
              > something happening. I guess finally it did.
              >
              > take care
              > Brian

              ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              Website: http://www.ufonet.nl

              further investigation.

            • Philip Mantle
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006
                Hi there,

                I would like to ask if you have or know anyone that has a contact of any
                kind for Kenneth Arnold's daughter. Any assistance with this request would
                be greatly appreciated.

                Regards,
                Philip Mantle.
              • Geoff Richardson
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
                  Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
                  Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
                  Geoff Richardson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 6, 2006
                    Hi Geoff,

                    Geoff Richardson wrote:
                    > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
                    > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
                    > Geoff Richardson

                    Indeed, maybe so!

                    For an answer, check:

                    and:

                    and:

                    Cheers,
                    Joe
                  • Geoff Richardson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
                      Hi Joe,
                      Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
                      I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
                      Thanks,
                      Geoff Richardson
                      > Forgive the inquiry Joe but what exactly has Phil done to deserve such a response? I can remember an enquiry about Arnold's daughter but even it was ill advised to post it on this list I cannot see reasons for suspecting his sanity or for inflicting moderated status on him.
                      > Unless, of course, I am also mad - maybe so,
                      > Geoff Richardson

                      Indeed, maybe so!

                      For an answer, check:

                      and:

                      and:

                      Cheers,
                      Joe

                      ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                      Website: http://www.ufonet.nl

                      further investigation.

                    • Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
                        Hi Geoff,

                        Geoff Richardson wrote:
                        > Hi Joe,
                        > Mmmm, I still at a bit of a loss why you should address any member of this list publicly in such a way. Why not just send a "private" email notifying the member of the actions you have taken and why you deemed it necessary.
                        > I must point out that I have no particular loyalty or connection whatsoever with Phil Mantle and I ask these questions purely in an attempt to understand the situation.
                        > Thanks,
                        > Geoff Richardson

                        Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

                        It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
                        a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
                        to prevent it re-occuring.

                        I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
                        the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
                        but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
                        post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
                        those actions, further wasting my time.

                        If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
                        suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
                        sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
                        It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

                        If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
                        have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
                        the numbers.

                        Cheers,
                        Joe
                      • Geoff Richardson
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 14, 2006
                          --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Joe (uk-ufo) McGonagle" <joe@u...>
                          wrote:

                          > > First of all I apologise for the delay in responding - been very
                          busy.This posting does not need a reply.

                          > Why do you have to make things complicated, and drag them on?

                          Didn't realise I had, just wanted to understand the situation.

                          > It's perfectly simple. He spammed the list (4 identical posts in
                          > a short period of time). No doubt this was accidental, but I had
                          > to prevent it re-occuring.

                          As I said, Joe, we do all make mistakes - me more than most.

                          > I had to inform him about it and I had to inform the list that
                          > the action had been taken. I could have sent two seperate posts,
                          > but thought I would economise on my valuable time and send one
                          > post instead. Now I have had to send two further posts to explain
                          > those actions, further wasting my time.

                          Whoops, sorry.

                          > If you don't like the fact that I asked him if he was mad, I
                          > suggest that you go to your local supermarket and purchase a
                          > sense of humour, or I have a spare one which you can have cheap!
                          > It will come in useful sometimes and represents a good investment.

                          I don't mind at all, in fact I suspect that it is probably at
                          least partly true of most people who have been involved in Ufology
                          for any lenth of time. I am quite aware, based on my own
                          experiences, that on occasion statments in postings can be
                          misinterpreted and I wanted to understand the situation correctly.

                          > If you are unhappy with my moderation, I am perfectly happy to
                          > have you take my place, I am only doing it as a favour to make up
                          > the numbers.

                          I am very grateful to anyone who moderates the groups I am a
                          member of. I appreciate the dedication it requires.

                          Thank you,
                          Geoff