Fwd: [exopolitics] Former Canadian Minister Of Defence Tells Canadian Parliament About ETs

  • Ramona West
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2005
      Dr Michael Salla <exopolitics@...> wrote: To: exopolitics@yahoogroups.com
      From: "Dr Michael Salla" <exopolitics@...>
      Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:52:40 -0000
      Subject: [exopolitics] Former Canadian Minister Of Defence Tells Canadian Parliament About ETs

      My Groups | exopolitics Main Page

      Source: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/11/prweb314382.htm

      Former Canadian Minister Of Defence Asks Canadian Parliament Asked To
      Hold Hearings On Relations With Alien "Et" Civilizations

      A former Canadian Minister of Defence has joined forces with three
      Non-governmental organizations to ask the Parliament of Canada to hold
      public hearings on with Alien "ET" Civilizations. Paul Hellyer,
      Canada's Defence Minister from 1963-67 under Nobel Peace Prize
      Laureate Prime Minister Lester Pearson, publicly stated: "UFOs, are as
      real as the airplanes that fly over your head." Hellyer warned, "The
      United States military are preparing weapons which could be used
      against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war
      without us ever having any warning. Mr. Hellyer went on to say, "I'm
      so concerned about what the consequences might be of starting an
      intergalactic war, that I just think I had to say something." "Time is
      on the side of open disclosure that there are ethical Extraterrestrial
      civilizations visiting Earth," a spokesperson for the Non-Governmental
      Organizations stated. "Our Canadian government needs to openly address
      these important issues of the possible deployment of weapons in outer
      war plans against ethical Extraterrestrial societies."

      OTTAWA, CANADA (PRWEB) November 24, 2005 -- A former Canadian Minister
      of Defence and Deputy Prime Minister under Pierre Trudeau has joined
      forces with three Non-governmental organizations to ask the Parliament
      of Canada to hold public hearings on Exopolitics -- relations with "ETs."

      By "ETs," Mr. Hellyer and these organizations mean ethical, advanced
      extraterrestrial civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

      On September 25, 2005, in a startling speech at the University of
      Toronto that caught the attention of mainstream newspapers and
      magazines, Paul Hellyer, Canada's Defence Minister from 1963-67 under
      Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Prime Minister Lester Pearson, publicly
      stated: "UFOs, are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head."

      Mr. Hellyer went on to say, "I'm so concerned about what the
      consequences might be of starting an intergalactic war, that I just
      think I had to say something."

      Hellyer revealed, "The secrecy involved in all matters pertaining to
      the Roswell incident was unparalled. The classification was, from the
      outset, above top secret, so the vast majority of U.S. officials and
      politicians, let alone a mere allied minister of defence, were never
      in-the-loop."

      Hellyer warned, "The United States military are preparing weapons
      which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an
      intergalactic war without us ever having any warning. He stated, "The
      Bush administration has finally agreed to let the military build a
      forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to
      keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and
      to shoot at them, if they so decide."

      Hellyer's speech ended with a standing ovation. He said, "The time has
      come to lift the veil of secrecy, and let the truth emerge, so there
      can be a real and informed debate, about one of the most important
      problems facing our planet today."

      Three Non-governmental organizations took Hellyer's words to heart,
      and approached Canada's Parliament in Ottawa, Canada's capital, to
      hold public hearings on a possible ET presence, and what Canada should
      do. The Canadian Senate, which is an appointed body, has held
      objective, well-regarded hearings and issued reports on controversial
      issues such as same-sex marriage and medical marijuana,

      On October 20, 2005, the Institute for Cooperation in Space requested
      Canadian Senator Colin Kenny, Senator, Chair of The Senate Standing
      Senate Committee on National Security and Defence, "schedule public
      hearings on the Canadian Exopolitics Initiative, so that witnesses
      such as the Hon. Paul Hellyer, and Canadian-connected high level
      military-intelligence, NORAD-connected, scientific, and governmental
      witnesses facilitated by the Disclosure Project and by the Toronto
      Exopolitics Symposium can present compelling evidence, testimony, and
      Public Policy recommendations."

      The Non-governmental organizations seeking Parliament hearings include
      Canada-based Toronto Exopolitics Symposium, which organized the
      University of Toronto Symposium at which Mr. Hellyer spoke.

      The Disclosure Project, a U.S.– based organization that has assembled
      high level military-intelligence witnesses of a possible ET presence,
      is also one of the organizations seeking Canadian Parliament hearings.

      Vancouver-based Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS), whose
      International Director headed a proposed 1977 Extraterrestrial
      Communication Study for the White House of former U.S. President Jimmy
      Carter, who himself has publicly reported a 1969 Close Encounter of
      the First Kind with a UFO, filed the original request for Canadian
      Parliament hearings.

      The Canadian Exopolitics Initiative, presented by the organizations to
      a Senate Committee panel hearing in Winnipeg, Canada, on March 10,
      2005, proposes that the Government of Canada undertake a Decade of
      Contact.

      The proposed Decade of Contact is "a 10-year process of formal, funded
      public education, scientific research, educational curricula
      development and implementation, strategic planning, community
      activity, and public outreach concerning our terrestrial society's
      full cultural, political, social, legal, and governmental
      communication and public interest diplomacy with advanced, ethical
      Off-Planet cultures now visiting Earth."

      Canada has a long history of opposing the basing of weapons in Outer
      Space. On September 22, 2004 Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin
      declared to the U.N. General Assembly," "Space is our final frontier.
      It has always captured our imagination. What a tragedy it would be if
      space became one big weapons arsenal and the scene of a new arms race.

      Martin stated, "In 1967, the United Nations agreed that weapons of mass
      destruction must not be based in space. The time has come to extend
      this ban to all weapons..."

      In May, 2003, speaking before the Canadian House of Commons Standing
      Committee on National Defence and Veterans Affairs, former Minister of
      Foreign Affairs of Canada Lloyd Axworthy, stated "Washington's offer
      to Canada is not an invitation to join America under a protective
      shield, but it presents a global security doctrine that violates
      Canadian values on many levels."

      Axworthy concluded, "There should be an uncompromising commitment to
      preventing the placement of weapons in space."

      On February 24, 2005, Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin made
      official Canada's decision not to take part in the U.S government's
      Ballistic Missile Defence program.

      Paul Hellyer, who now seeks Canadian Parliament hearings on relations
      with ETs, on May 15, 2003, stated in Toronto's Globe & Mail newspaper,
      "Canada should accept the long-standing invitation of U.S. Congressman
      Dennis Kucinich of Ohio to launch a conference to seek approval of an
      international treaty to ban weapons in space. That would be a positive
      Canadian contribution toward a more peaceful world."

      In early November 2005, the Canadian Senate wrote ICIS, indicating the
      Senate Committee could not hold hearings on ETs in 2005, because of
      their already crowded schedule.

      "That does not deter us," one spokesperson for the Non-governmental
      organizations said, "We are going ahead with our request to Prime
      Minister Paul Martin and the official opposition leaders in the House
      of Commons now, and we will re-apply with the Senate of Canada in
      early 2006.

      "Time is on the side of open disclosure that there are ethical
      Extraterrestrial civilizations visiting Earth," The spokesperson
      stated. "Our Canadian government needs to openly address these
      important issues of the possible deployment of weapons in outer war
      plans against ethical ET societies."

      Canadian Exopolitics Initiative
      http://www.peaceinspace.net

      Click here to send your letter to the Parliament of Canada requesting
      public "ET" Hearings
      http://exopolitics.blogs.com/star_dreams_initiative/2005/10/the_senate_of_c.html