New Philip Klass Letter Found (October 18, 2005)

  • Time02112
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2005
      New Philip Klass Letter Found

      by Richard M. Dolan

      October 18, 2005

      Last month I had the opportunity and privilege to speak at the
      Toronto Exopolitics Conference, organized by Michael Bird and Victor
      Viggiani, and which also featured speakers Stanton Friedman and
      Stephen Bassett (Paola Harris, slated to speak also, unfortunately
      was ill). The conference headliner was former Canadian Minister of
      Defence, Paul Hellyer, whose comments on the reality of UFOs have
      justly received the lion's share of media attention.

      Prior to the conference, I had spent 3 days at the Canadian National
      Archives in Ottawa, doing UFO research. Most of my time was spent
      going through records of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, who
      received reports from civilians and typically forwarded these to the
      Herzberg Institute of Physics at the National Research Council in
      Ottawa.

      As was the case when UFO files in the U.S. were handled by Project
      Blue Book, UFO reports in Canada had long been treated as an
      unwelcome bastard child. No one wanted the reports, but the
      astronomers at the Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics were stuck with
      the job of receiving them.

      On the final day of my research trip, I was racing against time to go
      through the last folders I had requested. These were files from
      Records Group 77, Accession 1990-1991/073, but which had been placed
      in an Interim Box along with some other files I requested. This is
      because, as I was informed, not all the records in these folders had
      been fully cleared, but the ones in the Interim Box were cleared and
      could be reviewed by me.

      The Klass Letter was in the very last folder I reviewed. I had been
      expecting to see yet more RCMP reports, or the occasional letter
      mailed by a Canadian UFO witness to the NRC, in the hope that someone
      would cogitate over their sighting. Instead, nearly by itself in the
      folder was this letter, along with two brief internal NRC memos
      generated as a result. Unlike every other record I reviewed that week
      at the National Archives, this letter was not designated by a formal
      file number. Frankly, I wondered if the letter was placed in there by
      mistake, since it was unlike everything I had looked at.

      More here...

      http://keyholepublishing.com/New%20Klass%20Letter%20Found.htm