Alan Alford Lecture---

  • Roger Anderton
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
      I have just found this out:

      Alan Alford is doing a lecture at Bournemouth University, UK on Sat 5 Nov 2005 2 pm - 4.30 pm fee £4 (for non-members)

      Alan Alford has written books like Pyramid of Secrets.

      Lecture is called : The Function and Symbolism of Temples and Pyramids

      at William Barnes Lecture theatre, Talbot campus

      I gather it is about Alford's theories on his interpretation of what Ancient Egyptian religion was really about.

      Its part of Wessex Ancient Egypt Society.

      Another lecture that could be interesting is:

      The Tomb of Osiris at Abydos, by Aidan Dodson 2 pm - 4.30 pm Sat 4 Feb 2006

      Contact is: Beatrice Bergner, Community Learning Co-ordinator for bookings and enquiries on
      tel: 01202-962202

      email: bbergner@...

    • visions
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
        Thanks for this Roger - have circulated it around my local contacts
        Dave
        Alan Alford is doing a lecture at Bournemouth University, UK on Sat 5 Nov 2005 2 pm - 4.30 pm fee £4 (for non-members)

        Alan Alford has written books like Pyramid of Secrets.

        Lecture is called : The Function and Symbolism of Temples and Pyramids

        at William Barnes Lecture theatre, Talbot campus

        I gather it is about Alford's theories on his interpretation of what Ancient Egyptian religion was really about.

        Its part of Wessex Ancient Egypt Society.

        Another lecture that could be interesting is:

        The Tomb of Osiris at Abydos, by Aidan Dodson 2 pm - 4.30 pm Sat 4 Feb 2006

        Contact is: Beatrice Bergner, Community Learning Co-ordinator for bookings and enquiries on
        tel: 01202-962202

        email: bbergner@...

        ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        further investigation.

      • Roger Anderton
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2005
          Dave

          The information I posted was a Bournemouth University booklet. But Steve
          Gerrard thinks its a different name for the lecture and a different venue,
          he has:

          Saturday 5th November 2005, 2 pm. Alford presenting a lecture entitled 'The
          Egyptian Cosmos and the Eternal Repetition of the Events of the First Time'
          to Wessex Ancient Egypt Society. The venue is Kinson Community Centre,
          Bournemouth.

          Its best to check first with the email and telephone number I gave; if
          anyone wants to go.

          Roger

[...]

          Caution, many reports of unidentified phenomena posted to this list
          require
          further investigation.

          Service.

          ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com