Sir Paul haunted by Lennon's ghost

  • Daniel Nephilim
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2005
      http://entertainment.iafrica.com/music/news/489685.htm

      Sir Paul haunted by Lennon's ghost

      Wed, 21 Sep 2005
      Sir Paul McCartney believes John Lennon haunted the
      recording of the 1995 Beatles single 'Free As A Bird'
      — in the form of a white peacock.

      The rock legend, Ringo Starr and George Harrison posed
      for a photograph outside the studio where the track
      was recorded — when the bird wandered in shot at the
      last minute from a neighbouring farm.

      The singer said: "That's John. Spooky, eh? It was like
      John was hanging around. We felt that all through the
      recording."

      McCartney also believes John made his presence felt on
      the single's B-side. He revealed: "We put one of those
      spoof backwards recordings on the end of the single
      for a laugh, to give all those Beatles nuts something
      to do. I think it was the line of a George Formby
      song. Then we were listening to the finished single in
      the studio one night, and it gets to the end, and it
      goes, 'zzzwrk nggggwaaahhh jooohn lennnnnon qwwwrk.' I
      swear to God."

      "We were like, 'It's John. He likes it!"

      McCartney has also admitted he still misses John and
      his other late bandmate, George Harrison.

      He confessed in an interview with the Observer Music
      Monthly: "I can't quite believe it's over with George.
      It's just a really sad feeling sometimes."

      "Same with John, except with John's death there was
      all this anger too. The jerk of jerks to shoot someone
      like John Lennon. And now Georgie's gone too. It's not
      a nice feeling. Not nice at all."

      Bang-Showbiz

      Nephilim's Paranormal Investigations - http://paranorm.cjb.net

      http://mail.yahoo.com