Appalachian GhostWalks ~ Official Introduction

  • Stacey Allen McGee
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2005
      Hey guys...

      This is a more indepth introduction for myself and the ghostwalk
      tours we have started in East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
      Also, when you call to book a tour, if you will mention you saw us
      in this yahoo group we will give you a discount on any tour or tour
      package we offer... Otherwise, please let me know if you have any
      questions...

      My name is Stacey Allen McGee and I am a native of Washington
      County, TN. I grew up in Limestone, TN until I was seven years old
      when my family moved to Johnson City, TN. Even though I lived in
      Johnson City, I attended school in Jonesborough, Tennessee. Upon
      graduating from David Crockett High School in the top ten percent of
      my class, I moved to Tampa, Florida to attend a school for travel
      agency management and tour company operations. During the past
      sixteen years I have worked in the travel industry in various
      customer service capacities.

      In February of 1994 I founded The Alternate Realities Center, The
      ARC for short, which is dedicated to the scientific study of
      paranormal phenomena reported across our region. This not-for-profit
      venture has become internationally recognized and represented in
      eighteen countries. In addition, we have shared the pages of several
      magazines published in the United States, and abroad, with such
      renowned figures as David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson of the X-
      Files. The ARC has been the subject of television shows such as
      Turner South's Emmy winning "Liars and Legends" hosted by Grammy
      winner Bubba Knight.

      Introducing, "Appalachian GhostWalks"

      Based in Unicoi, Tennessee, The ARC has created a regional tour
      company, formerly called The ARC Tours, now called "Appalachian
      GhostWalks". In cooperation with several Historical Societies as
      well as other town and county agencies, we offer two hour walking
      tours which showcase the interesting, yet little known history of
      the area where each tour operates. In addition, "Appalachian
      GhostWalks" supports our area's businesses by increasing tourism
      dollars in our area. In addition, we are a proud member of the
      Unicoi and Washington County Tennessee and Virginia Chambers of
      Commerce serving the cities of Erwin, Johnson City, and
      Jonesborough, Tennessee, as well as Abingdon, Virginia.

      Our walking tours are only $7 per adult and $5 per child 12 and
      under and consist of small groups of 5 to 25 people. The tour guides
      are actually certified ghost hunters, following the successful
      completion of a class taught by Patti Starr of Ghost Chasers
      International. Patti teaches her course in ghost hunting from a
      community college in Lexington, Kentucky and her techniques have
      proven extremely valuable in our local investigations of private
      residence, business, and historic sites.

      During the past year, we were fortunate to be the first to do a
      professional walk-through of some of our areas most beloved and
      historic landmark buildings. In historic Abingdon, Virginia these
      include the Martha Washington Inn, the Barter Theatre, as well as
      the Tavern Restaurant established in 1779. Most recently, the Unicoi
      County Heritage Museum, as well as the JF Toney Memorial Library
      located in Erwin, Tennessee. These are just a few of the interesting
      locations where we have engaged the art and science of ghost
      hunting.

      Incorporating the information from recent professional
      investigations, our walking tours will focus on not only the history
      and lore of Southern Appalachia, but also on the scientific findings
      related to recent paranormal activity found on site at the locations
      we tour. Thus, we have developed tours which will showcase the
      wondrous history and urban legend of our region effectively
      educating and delighting tourists to both East Tennessee and
      Southwest Virginia.

      Again, we believe that these tours will help to generate additional
      tourism and new business for area merchants of East Tennessee and
      Southwest Virginia. We are working in cooperation with town
      merchants in coordinating our tours so that our guests and visitors
      to the area may take advantage of merchandise and services offered
      there. All inclusive tour packages include dinner at one of the
      area's finer restaurants, as well as overnight accommodations at
      some of the areas finer bed and breakfasts. These types of tours as
      well as bus tours will be available by the fall of 2006.

      Our clientele is built exclusively from our marketing strategies
      designed to draw groups of people from both inside and outside the
      region who maintain a special interest and enthusiasm for the lore
      and legend, as well as the research and investigation of historic
      places said to be haunted. This idea has been developed by others in
      cities all around the United States, such as Charleston, South
      Carolina as well as Savannah, Georgia and has had a significant and
      positive impact on their local and regional economy.

      Further information specific to our tours appear on our new website
      at http://www.AppalachianGhostWalks.com but please let me know about
      any questions you may have, or additional information you may
      require. Our office and reservations hotline is (423) 943-6477. I am
      available for articles, interviews, or follow-up inquiries at your
      convenience. We appreciate any help you can offer, and thank you so
      very much for your time and kind considerations.

      Very Truly Yours,

      Stacey Allen McGee
      Tour Director ~ Appalachian GhostWalks
      Founder of The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center
      Email: AppalachianGhosts@...