BBC - Naval Ocean Surveillance Satellites - a 'UFO'

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12 11:22 AM
      Hello,

      I may have posted this link before, but I'm not sure.

      Cheers,
      Frits

      ____________

      Naval Ocean Surveillance Satellites - a 'UFO'

      5th March 2004

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A2265815

      NOSS is a group of satellites that travel as a group of three in orbit
      around the Earth and sighting of this trio has given rise to many UFO
      reports in the UK. On 25 October, 1999, the British Astronomical
      Association offered a brief description of NOSS:
      A couple of summers ago, meteor observers certainly became familiar with
      the NOSS trio of satellites, which were in an equilateral pattern. Onboard
      sensors apparently allowed researchers to measure precise distances
      between these, and how they were affected by gravitational perturbations
      over time. The NOSS satellites were also comparatively faint - visual
      magnification +3 or thereabouts.

      (C) BBC

      --[snipped - FULL article at above URL]---