UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 10 Number 28

  • John Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2005
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.

      <Masinaigan@...>
      ==========================

      UFO ROUNDUP
      Volume 10, Number 28
      July 13, 2005
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      E-Mail: Masiniaigan@...
      Website: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/

      LONDON "TUBE" BOMBED
      BY TERRORISTS

      "The subway train had just left King's Cross station"
      in London "and Anthony Latchana had settled in with a
      newspaper for his morning commute when he saw a bright
      light and heard a 'massive. massive' bang."
      "'The train jerked left, right, forward, back,' he
      says, 'It came to an abrupt stop.'"
      "Latchana, along with hundreds of others, was trapped
      in a pitch-black tunnel between King's Cross and Russell
      Square until an emergency light finally flickered."
      "'People were screaming,' he says, their faces
      turning grey from dense smoke that filled the cabin.
      Struggling to breathe, many panicked, smashing their cell
      phones against the windows to try to let in air."
      "'Big, executive men, reading the Financial Times
      were screaming they have to get out,' he said."
      "Over the space of 56 minutes, at the height of rush
      hour, this scene of death and destruction from an apparent
      terrorist attack would be repeated on two more subway
      trains and a red double-decker bus," leaving over 60
      people dead and upwards of 700 wounded.
      "The attack came a day after London was announced as
      the site of the 2012 Olympics."
      "'After yesterday's joy and jubilation, we have
      horror and devastation,' said Philip Nunn, a businessman,
      'London has been turned on its heels overnight.'"
      "A group calling itself 'Secret Organisation--Al-
      Qaeda in Europe' claimed responsibility on an Islamic Web
      site for the string of explosions it called 'blessed.'"
      The explosions moved in an east-to-west pattern
      across the city. The first was at 8:51 a.m., an explosion
      aboard a Circle Line subway train that was 100 yards (90
      meters) into a tunnel under Liverpool Street beyond
      Moorgate station.
      The second came five minutes later, at 8:56 a.m.,
      aboard a Picadilly Line train between the King's Cross and
      Russell Square stations.
      Next, at precisely 9:17 a.m., an explosion killed
      five people at the Edgewater Road subway station, just
      north of Bayswater.
      Finally, at 9:47 a.m., Number 30, a red double-decker
      bus, was traveling from Hackney to Marble Arch when it
      exploded in Tavistock Square.
      "The Tube," as London's subway system is called, has
      12 lines and 274 stations and serves over 3 million
      commuters daily. The system is 253 miles (405 kilometers)
      long and has been operating since it first opened in 1863.
      "London's transit authorities characterized the
      blasts as 'the worst incident in the history of the London
      underground."
      "It was the worst attack on London since World War
      II."
      On its Web site, the Al-Qaeda affiliated group
      announced, "Rejoice, Arabic world. The time has come for
      vengeance against the Zionist crusader government of
      Britain in response to the massacres Britain has committed
      in Iraq and Afghanistan."
      "The London Metropolitan Police said that it was
      investigating the claim."
      "'The public need to remain vigilant,' said Deputy
      Chief Constable Andy Trotter of the British Transport
      Police. 'We don't know if this is over yet.'"
      (See USA Today for July 8, 2005, "'Slaughter' shocks
      London" and "Screams, dense smoke and a rush to escape,"
      page 1A.)

      BOMB SITE LINKED TO
      JACK THE RIPPER AND
      FREEMASONRY

      Strange links to London's infamous Nineteenth Century
      serial killer, Jack the Ripper, and Freemasonry have
      emerged in the wake of the subway bombings.
      "The first blast caught a subway train between
      Moorgate and Liverpool Street station on the eastern
      fringe of London's financial district. Seven died, police
      said. Moorgate is named for one of the (medieval) gates
      in the city walls of London."
      "Some people caught in that blast emerged from
      Aldgate station, near Jack the Ripper's haunts in
      Whitechapel."
      The Ripper murders began on Tuesday, April 3, 1888
      when the body of Emma E. Smith, a prostitute, was found in
      Osborn Street, Whitechapel.
      On Tuesday, August 7, 1888, the body of a second
      prostitute, Martha Tabram, was discovered at the Grove-
      yard Buildings in Whitechapel.
      On Friday, August 31, 1888, a third, Mary Ann
      Nichols, was found in Bucks Row, Whitechapel, followed on
      Saturday, September 8, 1888 by the murder of Annie Chapman
      in Hanbury Street, Whitechapel.
      Then came "Bloody Sunday," September 30, 1888, when
      the body of Elizabeth Stride was found in Berner Street,
      Whitechapel, and Catherine Eddowes was murdered in Mitre
      Square in Aldgate.
      Painted on a brick wall nearby was a strange message:
      "This is the work of the Juwes." At first, Inspector
      Frederick George Abberline thought the writer was someone
      with the spelling skills of Paris Hilton and actually
      meant "Jews." But when his superior from Scotland Yard
      arrived, he became upset and ordered the offending
      sentence wiped out immediately.
      (Editor's Note: Whitechapel in 1888 was the home of a
      large population of immigrant Jews from Poland and
      Russia.)
      Come to find out, "the Juwes" did not refer to
      Hebraic people at all but to three characters in the lore
      of Freemasonry--Jubelum and his two companions, who are
      supposed to have murdered Hiram Abiff, the architect of
      King Solomon's temple.
      The 1976 book Final Solution by Stephen Knight
      claimed that the Ripper slayings were Masonic ritual
      murders carried out by Queen Victoria's personal
      physician, Sir William Gull (1816-1890) after the women
      learned that the queen's grandson, Prince Albert Victor,
      the Duke of Clarence (1864-1892), had married a commoner
      on the sly.
      In the 1979 movie Murder by Decree, Sherlock Holmes,
      Dr. John H. Watson and Inspector Gerald Lestrade tracked
      down the Masonic connection and apprehended Dr. Gull and
      his accomplice, coachman John Netley, on November 11,
      1888. But Special Branch took custody of Dr. Gull and
      covered the whole thing up.
      (Editor's Comment: So instead of getting credit for
      helping to crack Scotland Yard's biggest case ever, poor
      Lestrade went down in history as Holmes' favorite foil.)
      The 1999 movie From Hell, in which actor Johnny Depp
      portrayed Inspector Abberline, pulled no punches in
      detailing Masonic involvement in the Jack the Ripper case.
      But then the film chickened out at the end by portraying
      Dr. Gull as a "lone nut" who was always talking to "the
      Great Architect of the Universe."
      The three "Juwes" are often referred to in the craft
      as "the three hanged men," which is symbolized as the
      number 777. This is also the Masonic symbol of vengeance.
      Here in the USA, we had the Regulator case in Montana
      in 1864. A corrupt sheriff named Henry Plumer was the
      secret ringleader of "the Regulators," a band of outlaws
      who preyed on local ranchers around Virginia City,
      Montana. Eventually, Sheriff Plumer, "Clubfoot George"
      Lane and two other outlaws were hanged by a vigilance
      committee composed of members of the Masonic lodge, who
      left the number 777 at the lynching site. Indeed, the
      number 777 still appears on Montana license plates.
      (Editor's Note: The Regulators are buried at the top of
      Boot Hill in Virginia City, Mont. Nice town, great
      local museum--put it on your "Must Visit" list if you're
      touring Montana this summer.)
      Some occultists have noted the eerie similarity
      between the Masonic symbol of 777 and the date of the Tube
      bombings in London.
      The bombs went off on July 7--the seventh day of the
      seventh month.
      In numerology, the year 2005 has a value of 7. You
      get this by adding two plus zero plus zero plus five,
      which equals seven.
      So July 7, 2005 equals 777, a Masonic symbol.
      "I'd have to agree that we're not out of the woods
      yet," UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor said, "There are
      two more days left in this month which could be construed
      as 777. These are July 16, 2005 (16 can be rendered in
      numerology as one plus six, which equals seven) and July
      25, 2005 (two plus five equals seven).
      Are these "the three Juwes?" I honestly don't know. But
      I do know that July 16 will be the 60th anniversary of
      the first atomic bomb explosion--the nuclear test at
      Alamogordo, New Mexico on July 16, 1945. Stay tuned."

      ATLANTA IS NEXT,
      PSYCHICS SAY

      A number of American psychics, including a few who
      are born-again Christians, claim to have received angelic
      warnings about a terrorist attack here in the USA.
      Nearly all of them claim the target will be Atlanta,
      Georgia.
      Tom and Vicky Hinton, both evangelical Christians,
      reported that in early June 2005 they spoke with another
      member of their church, who had received disturbing
      warnings in a dream.
      "We live in Georgia about 40 miles (64 kilometers)
      below Atlanta," Vicky Hinton reported, "My husband had a
      dream about two years ago about bombs hitting Atlanta.
      Three days ago, early in the morning at 4 a.m., our friend
      was awakened. He looked up and there was a light in the
      room next to the wall, at the other end of his bed. Then,
      suddenly, an angel stepped out of the light. He called
      our friend by name as he pulled his sword from its sheath.
      He said he could hear the metal scraping the sheath as he
      pulled it out."
      "The angel then said, 'The Lord God has put it into
      your heart to move from this place, and you are to tell
      your family to move because the Lord is bringing the sword
      to this city.' He also said our friend 'must leave soon.'
      The angel repeated these instructions twice. Then he
      stepped back into the light and just disappeared."
      Another "Christian brother" in Thomaston, Georgia
      (population 9,411) received a similar warning. "The
      brother had the urge to move to another state and begin
      missionary work for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
      But his wife did not want to go. So he fasted for three
      days and prayed in Jesus' name for guidance. Then he
      heard the voice of the Lord telling him, "Gather up your
      family and move. Much destruction is coming to Atlanta.
      Leave and leave soon. Shake the red dust of Georgia from
      your feet as a testimony against it.'"
      "The brother told his wife, and she absolutely
      refused to believe it. So he took to praying again. The
      Lord told him to open the Bible and point out Genesis
      19:26."
      (Editor's Note: The story of Lot's wife and the
      destruction of Sodom.)
      "Still she wouldn't believe it. She said she would
      move 'when I receive a telegram from the Almighty.'"
      "The next day, when the wife went to open the
      mailbox, she found a yellow telegram from Western Union
      addressed to her. She opened it up and read it. The
      message said, 'Move your fat ass.' There was no
      signature."
      "When her husband came home, she lit right into him,
      asking if he thought this was some kind of joke. The
      Christian brother denied sending the telegram. When they
      made enquiries, they found that the mailman had never
      delivered the telegram to their box, and Western Union had
      no record of any such telegram ever being sent. The
      brother is packing, but his wife doesn't know what to
      think."
      Curtis McDiamird of Atlanta had a horrifying dream
      two weeks ago. Curtis said he had dreamed that he and his
      father were spending the day walking around Underground
      Atlanta, a shopping center at the intersection of Pryor
      and Alabama Streets. Suddenly, the concrete floor began
      shaking beneath their feet.
      "When we came up, everything in Atlanta had been
      destroyed," he reported, "There were ruins all around us.
      The Fulton County Courthouse--gone. The Coca-Cola
      Pavilion--gone. I could see all the way to Spring Street.
      The Federal Building was a burned-out spire. Dad lost it.
      He just kept looking around and babbling, 'Oh, man, we're
      fucked. We're fucked! Fucka-ducka-dood!' Then I heard a
      voice telling me, 'You must leave Atlanta and be gone by
      July.' That's when I woke up."
      The most horrifying dream, however, came from South
      Dakota. A Lakota (also known as Sioux Indian--J.T.)
      spiritual advisor dreamed that he was standing on a ridge
      overlooking the White River on the Pine Ridge Indian
      Reservation in South Dakota on a summer day. It was hot
      with a cloudless blue sky.
      "Looking down, Charlie saw a long, long railroad
      train moving west. There were over a hundred flatcars,
      and they were loaded with dead bodies. Thousands of
      people--Americans. Casualties of a nuclear explosion back
      East. They were being brought by rail to the Badlands (a
      desert in southwestern South Dakota--J.T.) to be buried in
      a new national cemetery there," Frank Running Elk
      reported, "He didn't say where the explosion was, just
      that it happens in the East. You know the spot he means,
      Joe."
      (Editor's Comment: Sure do. The ridge 10 miles (16
      miles) north of Oglala, S.D.
      I hope Frank finds out more at Mato Tipi next week.)
      "What's curious about the first three precognitive
      dreams is that they all come from the same area about 40
      miles (64 kilometers) south of Atlanta," UFO Roundup
      editor Joseph Trainor added. "That is right on the 33rd
      Parallel or the 33rd degree of latitude. The 33rd degree
      is also the highest degree in Freemasonry. There are
      still two more days in July 2005 with the numerology of
      that Masonic symbol 777. The first of these is Saturday,
      July 16, 2005. This is also the 60th anniversary of the
      first atomic bomb explosion at Alamogordo, New Mexico."
      "The date July 16 has occult significance.
      Freemasonry is derived from the solar religion of ancient
      Egypt. And July 16 was the ancient Egyptian New Year. It
      was the day the star Sirius--'that blazing star' of
      Masonry--rises above the horizon. That event coincided
      with the rising of the Nile. Strangely, Egypt of the
      Pharoahs referred to Sirius as 'a more distant sun' or
      'the second sun,' which, of course, it is. And when
      'Oppie's gadget,' the atomic bomb built by physicist J.
      Robert Oppenheimer, went off on July 16, 1945, it was as
      if a second green sun had risen over the Jornada del
      Muerto desert," he added, "It's also very interesting that
      the new Harry Potter book will make its debut on the
      Masonic holy day of July 16."
      "However, Atlanta isn't the only possible target of a
      terrorist nuclear strike. Other major American cities
      located on or near the 33rd degree of latitude include--
      going from west to east--San Diego, California; Phoenix,
      Arizona; Dallas, Texas; and Birmingham, Alabama.
      Hopefully, these dreams were just nightmares and not
      precog dreams. But I'll be awfully glad when we get to
      August." (Many thanks to Tom and Vicky Hinton, Rev.
      Alfred Styles and Frank Running Elk for passing on these
      reports.)

      UFO STALLS CAR NEAR
      SARGENT, TEXAS

      On Tuesday, July 5, 2005, at 8:50 p.m., eyewitness
      M.R. reported, "I was coming home from a fishing trip in
      Sargent, Texas. I had just turned off FM587 on to FM2611
      when, all of a sudden, the lights in my car blinked twice,
      and then the car went dead."
      "I coasted to a stop at the top of a small hill that
      was a curve. I was frightened. For one, I am female and
      was traveling alone, and I was in the middle of nowhere.
      I thought that the reason for the power giving out in my
      car was because my brother had been using my car battery
      earlier in the day and may not have tightened the battery
      cables properly."
      "I didn't have a flashlight (torch in UK--J.T.) on me
      and I grabbed my cell phone to let someone know what had
      happened. Then I decided to get out of the car, knowing
      that my cell phone had a bright light on it, and I was
      going to check the battery cables."
      "Before I could open my cell phone to turn it on, a
      bright bluish glow started to light up a wooded area
      across the highway from me. At first I thought it was
      another vehicle coming up behind me, and I panicked for a
      moment because my car had stopped on top of the hill on a
      curve, and, if the vehicle was coming up the curve too
      fast, it would hit me."
      "But I realized quickly that it was not another
      vehicle. I couldn't quite identify the light, but the
      woods got suddenly brighter. The light went bright like a
      blue-white light bulb. It was more like the light from a
      giant blue flashlight or helicopter (search) light."
      "I watched it slowly start moving upward through the
      trees. I sat in complete silence while I watched it move
      up out of the trees until it was above the trees and
      clearly in the sky with the stars for a background. It
      was a huge bluish translucent ball of light, with the
      center of the ball much darker than the outer edges."
      "The outer edges of the ball seemed to vibrate or
      tremble slightly. It continuously rose up into the sky,
      at first slowly, but, the higher it got, the faster it
      went. Which was straight up into the sky until it
      disappeared."
      "I sat in the silent darkness for a few seconds and
      then turned my car keys, which I had never taken out of
      the ignition switch, and the car started right up."
      The UFO "was about 30 to 40 feet (9 to 12 meters) up.
      It was huge, maybe 30 to 40 feet (9 to 12 meters) across,
      but I could be mistaken. It was much larger than my car--
      a Volvo DL wagon. I resumed my drive to Sweeny, Texas."
      Sargent is in Matagorda County, on Texas's Gulf of
      Mexico shore about 40 miles (64 kilometers) southwest of
      Galveston. (Email Form Report)

      UFOs APPEAR TWICE OVER
      EUREKA, CALIFORNIA

      Eureka, California (population 26,128) has been
      visited twice by UFO flotillas in the last month,
      according to one local resident.
      On Monday, June 6, 2005, Jenece Poree went outside
      after sunset and noticed an unusual "bright star" in the
      sky. She reported, "I first noticed a ship resembling a
      Christmas tree light bulb--a disk of gaudy brightness--
      suspended over the rooftops west of my home. As I
      watched, it slowly descended in a falling-leaf motion
      below the power lines, below the rooftops."
      "The next night (Tuesday, June 7, 2005), I went
      outside at dusk and started seeing really bright stars.
      Also I saw a number of frenetically blinking smaller
      craft, with red and blue lights."
      "Two nights ago (Thursday, July 7, 2005), the sky was
      far more clear and there were large amounts of UFO
      activity over Eureka. Huge 'blinking' craft flashing
      several lights. One large one hovered over the Fairhaven
      pulp (paper) mill on Samoa Island out in Humboldt Bay.
      These Kleig-like 'stars,' upon closer inspection by
      binoculars, looked like amoebas or single-celled creatures
      as seen under a microscope. Very organic the way they
      move and writhe and climb aloft. They frequently have a
      little red companion hanging out nearby."
      "Height? Always above our chronic coastal overcast.
      Really high and fast but much lower the other night."
      Eureka is on California Highway 101 approximately 281
      miles (449 kilometers) north of San Francisco. (Email
      Form Report)

      GOLD SPHERICAL UFO SEEN
      IN COLORADO SPRINGS

      On Monday, July 4, 2005, Ron Russell reported, "I was
      at my friend Gail's house at the Springs. We were sitting
      on her deck after a BBQ (barbecue--J.T.) when she looked
      up at the clouds heading towards the northeast and said,
      'Oh! There's a ship up there. I can feel it.'"
      "Gail's a practicing psychic with years of
      experience, so I pay attention when she 'feels'
      something."
      "While we were both looking in that area, a bright
      illuminated golden spot (a small circle--R.R.) manifested
      itself and traveled from east to west at a constant speed.
      It never changed its course, speed or brightness and went
      across the sky in one minute."
      "We have a lot of military in this area--Fort Carson,
      NORAD, Schriever Air Force Base, the Space Command, and we
      see aircraft all the time."
      "Even though it was the Fourth of July, this was not
      any kind of fireworks I'd ever seen. While we thought at
      first it might have been a Mylar balloon, it traveled in
      the opposite direction to the prevailing wind with no
      bobbing or wobble we could discern, more like a determined
      path that was not subject to the wind."
      "We have no other explanation than it was a ship,
      like Gail intuited."
      Colorado Springs (population 360,890) is on
      Interstate Highway I-25 approximately 67 miles (112
      kilometers) south of Denver, the state capital. (Email
      Form Report)

      CYLINDRICAL UFO SIGHTED
      OVER MIAMI, OKLAHOMA

      On July 4, 2005, at 8 p.m., eyewitness Jamce had an
      unusual encounter in the small city of Miami, Oklahoma
      (population 13,704).
      "I never read much about sightings in Oklahoma, so I
      would like to know what happened on July 4th at 8 p.m. We
      live in Miami, Okla. While at some friends' (house) on
      the Fourth, my husband and two friends were outside
      watching the grandkids with their firecrackers. They
      observed a cylinder-shaped object glide across the sky, my
      husband said."
      "It appeared white but changed to orange, though, as
      it reflected the sun. It made no noise, and there was no
      vapor trail. My friends said it moved very fast, and the
      whole sighting lasted just one minute. My husband yelled
      into the house for me to come and see. But when I got out
      there, it was already out of sight."
      "They said it was about a mile and a half (2.4
      kilometers) higher than jets usually fly. Here's an odd
      note--my husband is the skeptic, and I'm the believer."
      Miami is on Interstate Highway I-44 in northeastern
      Oklahoma, located about 25 miles (40 kilometers) southwest
      of Joplin, Missouri. (Many thanks to Jim Hickman,
      executive director of Skywatch International, for this
      report.)

      UFO FLOTILLA STARTLES
      YOUNG MOTHER IN ALBERTA

      On Wednesday, May 4, 2005, at 1:30 p.m., Lori Metisse
      and her two children got off the bus on Saddleback Road in
      Edmonton, the capital of Canada's Alberta province.
      Minutes later, they had a strange encounter.
      "I was walking with my two kids north on Saddleback
      Road. I was taking my newborn to a doctor's appointment.
      I had just gotten on the sidewalk" when "I don't know why,
      but I felt compelled to look up. I noticed something
      hovering in the southwestern sky. Immediately I saw 15 to
      25 hovering black objects. They were kind of small. They
      just hovered there."
      "I held my gaze, without blinking. I thought my eyes
      could not be playing tricks on me, and I had better not
      blink. So I was able to view the object for maybe 20 to
      30 seconds. And then they all disappeared together, all
      at the same time."
      "Then I blinked and tried to find out where they had
      all gone. I couldn't find them again. Many, many small
      black hovering objects, possibly oval or round in shape,
      and all of them beneath the clouds."
      "I took my newborn and my two-year-old and hurried to
      the doctor's office." (Email Form Report)

      NIGHT SAUCER SPOTTED IN
      SCARBOROUGH, ONTARIO

      On Thursday, July 7, 2005, at 10:25 p.m., Roxanne C.
      was at her home, near the corner of Kennedy Road and St.
      Clair Avenue in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada when she
      witnessed an unusual incident.
      "I was standing at my back door, watching a small
      plane flying low and slow," Roxanne reported, "Then, a few
      minutes later, I saw the object flying overhead from the
      east, coming into a southwesterly direction. It was
      shaped like a triangle with rounded corners and five dim
      lights down each side. It was like a shadow. No sound at
      all. It gave me a chill when it was gone."
      "It was a dark grayish triangle with rounded corners
      and five dim lights down each side, both the left and the
      right. No sound at all."
      "I'd say it was about one-and-a-half kilometers (0.9
      miles) higher than any plane I'd ever seen before."
      (Email Form Report)
      (Editor's Comment: The "low and slow" aircraft
      sounds like one of those FBI surveillance planes. But
      what's it doing in Canada? It also appears that the UFO
      was deliberately avoiding this plane.)

      UFO FLOTILLA TURNS UP IN
      CORDOBA, ARGENTINA

      Hard on the heels of a report about a chalk-white Man
      In Black (MIB) being seen in Cordoba, Argentina came
      reports of a UFO flotilla flying over this provincial
      capital.
      According to Ricardo D'Angelo, UFO Roundup's
      correspondent in Argentina, "A flotilla of several UFOs
      appeared in the sky over Cordoba, the capital of the
      province of the same name, on Thursday, July 7, 2005, at
      precisely 6:49 a.m."
      "At first these mysterious fireballs flew towards the
      southeast. Then they circled and crossed the heart of the
      city, anomalous and luminous, and changed course several
      times over the next few minutes. The event was witnessed
      by many people for over a half hour."
      "At 7:15 a.m., a large luminous object crossed the
      sky, leaving a bright flash as it did so. 'That one was
      showing intelligent activity,' an eyewitness reported.
      Images of this UFO were caught on one observer's SONY 360X
      videocamera."
      Around June 15, 2005, eyewitness Cristian H. Godoy
      saw a humanoid, which he described as "dressed all in
      black" with "an aged face colored chalk-white," at the
      Grupo Pilar manufacturing plant in Cordoba.
      Cordoba is located 400 kilometers (250 miles) west-
      northwest of Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina.
      (Muchas gracias a Ricardo D'Angelo para estas noticias.)

      SORCERER ARRESTED IN THE
      UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

      "A 60-year-old sorcerer from Iran, who was hooked on
      hashish, is now cooling his heels at the prison in Al-
      Fujairah, in Ittihad al-Imirat al-Arabiyah (Translated:
      the United Arab Emirates--J.T.) following a five-year jail
      term slapped on him by a local criminal court."
      "Samjan Mohammed, on a visitor's visa to the U.A.E.,
      was handed down the jail term for bringing in and misusing
      a narcotic substance, served a month in prison for duping
      people out of their money by claiming that he had powers
      that could cure them of incurable diseases. He faces
      deportation back to Iran after serving his jail term."
      "U.A.E. police received a tipoff that the Iranian was
      conducting his 'business' in Al-Fujairah, claiming that he
      had supernatural powers. The arrest warrant alleged that
      Samjan practiced sorcery and black magic to invoke his
      powers."
      "Subsequently, the police set a trap at his house,
      which he frequently visited, and arrested him. The police
      searched the apartment where he was staying and found some
      books about magic and some amulets. They also searched
      for hashish from a hideaway in his flat. Samples of his
      blood were taken and sent for testing, where they revealed
      the presence of narcotic substances."
      "Upon interrogation, Samjan confessed to all the
      charges, and the court handed down his sentence."
      Commenting on this case, Ayesha al-Khatabi, UFO
      Roundup's correspondent in the Middle East, noted,
      "Rumours are flying about this Iranian sorcerer.
      Apparently, he circumvented the Anglo-American blockade at
      the Strait of Hormuz by taking a fishing boat to Al-
      Fujairah from Jask in Iran. The hashish suggests that he
      might be an adept of the sect of the Nizaris, whose
      stronghold was at Alamut in Iran. But he could be an
      adept of the Black Circle. He is rumoured to have had the
      forbidden books in his possession--The Book of Whispers
      (in Arabic, Kitab al-Azif--J.T.) by the master sorcerer
      Abdul Majid al-Hazrad, and the two books compiled from the
      letters of al-Hazrad's disciple, Yaqub Bin Ishaq as-Sabah,
      The Whole Art of Sorcery and Travels with My Master. Some
      in the New Age community think Samjan was trying to get to
      Saudi Arabia. But it is not known if he was acting alone,
      or if a superior in the Black Circle sent him to the
      peninsula." (See the Arab newspaper Khaleej Times for
      June 30, 2005, "Sorcerer lands in jail." Many thanks to
      Ayesha al-Khatabi for this newspaper article.)
      (Editor's Comment: That is an interesting notion,
      Ayesha. Is the Black Circle bugging out of Iran and
      leaving the ayatollahs to fend for themselves? If so,
      why?
      Let's keep an eye on Iran in coming weeks.)

      CHILEAN GHOST FRIGHTENS
      BUS DRIVERS

      "Over the past six months, some of the drivers of
      Taxibus lines 7 and 8 and their converging routes--9, 12
      and 16--have experienced a strange and unusual situation"
      in Arica, a city in northern Chile.
      "Six drivers have been intimidated by a 'ghostly
      lady,' who, according to their stories haunts the taxibus
      (In Peru, these vehicles are called collectivos--J.T.)
      located at Santiago Flores 360 in the barrio Cerro
      Sombrero (neighborhood) at night."
      "These apparitions have not been merely shades;
      taxibus drivers have described the 'ghost' as an elderly
      woman, seemingly flesh and bone, which at first does not
      inspire any particular fear. They add that she has long
      hair, is dressed in normal clothes and never wears white
      or a veil, as is the typical description of the 'Bride of
      Azapa,' an urban legend that has endured for years in the
      city and its environs."
      "One of the most curious versions of that legend is
      that a young and beautiful woman, who awaited the arrival
      of her future husband at a church in the valley of Azapa,
      became impatient and after a while went out searching for
      him. When she reached the highway, she was hit by a
      vehicle and died instantly."
      "This gave rise to the legend of the bride who
      appeared to so many drivers, particularly at nightfall.
      There are those who claim that this legend had its
      origins" in an actual wedding "on Friday, October 5, 1956,
      when young Gloria del Rosario (lovingly known as Charito--
      S.C.) from the city of Arica was getting ready to perform
      a devout pilgrimage to the Sanctuary of Livilcar. Upon
      returning from her pious trip, the young woman was
      planning to marry her fiance in a ceremony to be held at
      the Cathedral of San Marcos."
      "The family rented a bus that never arrived and, in
      order to reach the site of Las Penas in time, they hired
      another vehicle, which went around a curve at excessive
      speed until it reached the barrio Alto Ramirez (sector)
      along the old highway. The vehicle overturned and three
      passengers died, the unfortunate Charito being among
      them." (See the Chilean newspaper La Estrella de Arica
      for July 3, 2005, "Ghostly lady frightens drivers."
      Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Liliana Nunez Orellana
      del grupo Archivos Forteanos por este articulo de diario.)

      450 SHEEP DIE IN BIZARRE
      MASS SUICIDE IN TURKEY

      "First one sheep plunged to its death. Then stunned
      Turkish shepherds, who left their flocks to graze while
      they had breakfast, watched as nearly 1,500 followed while
      leaping off the same cliff" near Lake Van in eastern
      Turkey.
      "In the end, 450 dead animals lay on top of one
      another in a billowing white pile. Those who jumped later
      were saved as the pile got higher and their fall more
      cushioned."
      "'There's nothing we can do. They're all wasted,'
      Neuzat Bayhan, a member of a group of 26 farmers whose
      sheep were grazing together."
      "The estimated loss to the farmers in the town of
      Gevas, located in Van province in eastern Turkey, was
      $100,000, a significant amount of money when the average
      farmer earns around $2,700 per year."
      "'Every family had an average of 20 sheep,' another
      villager, Abdullah Hazar, said, 'But now only a few
      families have sheep left. It's going to be hard for us.'"
      (See the Turkish newspaper Aksam for July 9, 2005, "450
      sheep jump to their deaths." Many thanks to Mehmet Vardan
      for this newspaper article.)

      SUMMER SCI-FANTASY MOVIES
      ARE BIG BOX OFFICE

      Fantastic Four, the fourth of this summer's big
      science-fantasy movies, "not only clobbered the
      competition this weekend, but it might have helped snap
      Hollywood's attendance slide."
      "If Sunday's estimates hold, weekend movie ticket
      sales totaled $149 million--$56 million of that going to
      Fantastic Four--according to the box-office trackers
      Nielsen EDI."
      Like Batman Begins last month, Fantastic Four was one
      of the few films able to reverse Hollywood's disastrous
      drop in movie attendance, which has persisted for 19
      weeks.
      This means the summer's science-fantasy blockbusters-
      -Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Batman Begins, War of the
      Worlds and Fantastic Four--are carrying the rest of the
      movie industry on their burly shoulders.
      Now that all four have come out, UFO Roundup can do
      some quick reviews.
      Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - What a pleasant
      surprise! "Episode 3" turned out to be the best of its
      trilogy, with just the right mix of headlong action and
      character development. Yes, we do get to witness the
      "birth" of Darth Vader. But if you ask me, the moment
      Anakin became Darth was when he switched on his lightsaber
      in the younglings' quarters, not when he put on the armor.
      You should have heard all the moaning and groaning as the
      hardcore fans came out of the theater. The universal
      cry..."No more Star Wars!" People, get a grip. We have
      19 years to cover before Luke and Leia grow up. Surely we
      can fit two or three more trilogies into that time frame.
      Don't you want to see how Yoda, Chewbacca and Boba Fett
      survive in Palpatine's new galactic empire? It's a big
      galaxy, and maybe more Jedi survived the massacre. (Hint,
      hint.)
      Batman Begins - Now this is the movie that should
      have been made in 1992 after Tim Burton's original Batman.
      Camp is dead. Keep it dark--play it serious, and
      Christian Bale resurrects a movie franchise that everybody
      thought George Clooney and Arnold Schwarzenegger had
      killed. It's a lovingly detailed retelling of Batman's
      origin, with realistic motivations, a believable training
      background for Bruce Wayne and an effective Alfred in
      Michael Caine. Although he turns out to be the lesser
      villain, actor Cillian Murphy is downright chilling as
      "Dr. Jonathan Crane." It's only when he puts on his
      burlap mask and becomes the Scarecrow that he begins to
      seem remotely human.
      War of the Worlds - Forget the 1952 original and
      1956's Earth vs. the Flying Saucers. This is it--the best
      alien invasion movie ever. I thought Steven Spielberg was
      going to have to go some to top Signs. But he put
      Shyamalan's film in the shade. This is the anti-E.T., the
      flip side of Spielberg's 1982 classic. He wisely avoided
      scenes in the Pentagon war room and did the whole thing
      from the point of view of Tom Cruise's dockworker
      character. Digital effects scenes are impressive and not
      overdone. I actually thought I was watching an earthquake
      in northern New Jersey twenty minutes into the film. Then
      came the destruction of the expressway by the alien
      tripods, and off we went. Certain scenes stick with you,
      like what Dakota Fanning sees floating downriver, or those
      suspenseful moments in the cellar. Just what is the
      greater danger here--that snake-like mechanical alien
      probe or the fellow human refugee who has gone quietly
      insane from the experience? Oh, and there's a surprise
      guest appearance at the end. But I'm not giving it away.
      Fantastic Four - I've waited 41 years for this movie,
      ever since I read my first issue of that comic. 41 years-
      -that's how long it took Hollywood to catch up with Stan
      Lee's imagination and Jack Kirby's pencil. Well, it was
      worth every minute of the wait. This film is...well,
      fantastic. It introduces the characters, sets up the
      situation, lets us see and experience the gang's origin,
      and gallops right along--it's science-fantasy at its
      finest. Michael Chiklis had the hardest job, trying to
      convey emotion through inches of latex makeup, but he
      carried it off splendidly. As did Ioan Gruffud and Julian
      McMahon, both of whom added more depth and humanity to
      their respective characters of "Reed Richards" and "Victor
      von Doom" than you usually see in the comics. It was
      strange--I know the characters, I know what they can do;
      but I got so caught up in the story that when the
      cascading bridge disaster occurs, my first thought was,
      'Where the hell is Spider-Man when you need him!?' But
      the newly-named "Fantastic Four" didn't need him. They
      did just fine on their own, thank you very much. My
      favorite scene--the nurse taking Chris Evans'
      temperature..."Oh! You're hot"..."Thanks. So are you."
      That is such a Johnny Storm moment. And don't miss Stan
      Lee's walk-on as one of his favorite characters, Baxter
      Building mailman Willie Lumpkin.
      The other genres out there in Hollywood have got to
      get it together. Otherwise, we're going to have ALL
      science-fantasy films in American cinema. (See USA Today
      for July 11, 2004, "'Fantastic Four' does a number on
      slump," page 1D.)

      From the UFO Files...

      1973: FLOWS

      Jennifer Connelly's new movie Dark Water just
      premiered, and it deals with one of the most little-known
      phenomena in Forteana...the flow.
      Fortean Society president and novelist Tiffany Thayer
      defined a flow as "a fall of water in closed rooms."
      During his decades-long search for "data," Charles Fort,
      the Father of Ufology, documented around 60 "flows" during
      his "survey period" that stretched from 1800 to 1930.
      (Editor's Note: Fort kept his notes in shoe boxes in the
      Bronx apartment he shared with his wife Anna. First
      Thayer and then Carl Pabst attempted to transcribe all of
      Fort's notes. Pabst worked for over 20 years on this
      project before his recent death and had managed to
      catalogue all of Fort's notes up to the year 1856. The
      rest are still in shoe boxes--a crime against science if
      ever there was one.)
      "'It was Dressed to Kill that did me in,' says
      Connelly, referring to Brian De Palma's 1980 fright flick.
      'I was way too young to have seen it, and then I couldn't
      go near scary movies for years and years.'"
      "Until one day in 2004, when she read the script for
      Dark Water, an American remake of a hit Japanese movie
      written and directed by Hideo Nakata ( Ringu, Ring Two).
      'I found it really frightening and, at the same time,
      really moving,' the actress says, 'I thought it would be
      fun to make a scary film and that (Brazilian director
      Walter Salles would be) an interesting person to do it
      with.'"
      "As in the 2002 (Japanese) original (now on sale on
      DVD--J.T.), the new version is the tale of a recently
      separated mother (Connelly) who moves into a spooky New
      York apartment with her 5-year-old daughter (played by
      Ariel Glade--J.T.), only to discover that the building is
      haunted by...water."
      "Lots and lots of dripping, spraying, gushing water."
      "Meanwhile, her estranged husband (Mission Impossible
      2's Dougray Scott) is waging a nasty custody battle
      against her. 'You don't know if there's something wrong
      in the apartment, if it's her husband sabotaging her
      custody battle, or if she's just haunted by her own
      childhood,' Connelly explains, 'You're not sure what's
      going on, which is what I like about it.'"
      Known cases involving the same liquid phenomena as
      the movie Dark Water include the following:
      "In the Chorley (Lancashire, UK) Standard, February
      15, 1873, is a story of excitement in the town of
      Eccleston. At Bank House, occupied by two elderly women
      and their niece, streams of water started falling about
      the first of February (1873), seemingly from ceilings.
      Furniture was soaked, and the occupants of the house were
      alarmed. The falls seemed to come from the ceiling, but
      'probably the most singular feature of the affair is that
      the ceilings were apparently quite dry.'"
      (Editor's Comment: Had this phenomenon occurred in
      Salem, Mass. two centuries earlier, all three women would
      have been hanged on Gallows Hill.)
      "In the Toronto Globe (today the Globe & Mail--J.T.),
      September 9, 1880, a correspondent writes that he had
      heard reports of most improbable occurrences upon a farm,
      near the township of Wellesley, Ontario. He went to the
      place to interview the farmer, Mr. Manser."
      "As he approached the farmhouse, he noticed that all
      the windows were boarded up. He learned that, about the
      end of July (1880), windows had begun to break, though no
      missiles had been seen."
      (Editor's Comment: A common poltergeist
      manifestation.)
      "The disregard was that, quite as authentic as the
      stories of breaking windows, were stories of falls of
      water in the rooms, having passed through walls, showing
      no trace of such passage. It is said that water had
      fallen in such volumes, from appearing-points in rooms,
      that the furniture of the house had been moved to a shed.
      In all our records openness of phenomena is notable. The
      story is that showers fell in rooms when the farmhouse was
      crowded with people. For more details, see the Halifax
      Citizen, September 13 (1880)."
      For a century, there were no more publicized reports
      of flows in the English-speaking world. Then, in 1973,
      the flow phenomenon had a startling rebirth.
      (Editor's Comment: If any of our overseas readers
      have knowledge of flow phenomena in their home countries,
      please write down the specific details and send your
      information to UFO Roundup.)
      Robert J.M. Rickard, co-founder of Fortean Times,
      documented two flow cases in the magazine's early days.
      Bob wrote, "Just as we have 'falls' of things, so we have
      'flows.' We have a tentative hypothesis--that the
      teleportive force can transport liquids to points in the
      air (where it begins to drop) and points on the surface of
      things (where it begins to flow)--but we don't expect you
      to take that too seriously until it seems like the only
      remaining explanation. But let's see how you get on
      with..."
      "MYSTERY OF THE FLOODED PUB: Landlord of the Peaks
      Hotel, Gorsey, Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancs. (UK) watched as
      water flowed from light-fittings behind his bar for seven
      minutes--then stopped as suddenly as it began. Plumbers
      were called but left baffled, without finding any
      conceivable cause."
      "The landlord later seemed quite nonchalant about the
      affair: 'As long as it doesn't come out of the beer pumps,
      I'm not too worried.'"
      The next flow occurred a year later, in October 1974,
      in Empangeni, near Durban, South Africa.
      "A series of 'ghostly' incidents has convinced Mrs.
      Suzette Havenga that the house she moved into in October
      (1974) is haunted by a woman who was murdered there only a
      few months before. Mrs. Elsje Mathee was stabbed to death
      and her youngest son fatally wounded, died in hospital
      later."
      "Mrs. Havenga said, 'I was cleaning the house a few
      days before we were to move in when our servant told me
      that a woman had been murdered in the lounge and her baby
      had been stabbed. I immediately phoned my husband and
      told him I wanted another house. He said I was being
      childish.'"
      (Editor's Comment: Mr. Havenga was acting just like a
      character in Karen Black's horror movie of the period,
      Burnt Offerings. If you get nervous about strangers
      getting into a car with you, take my advice--don't see
      that movie!)
      "The first incident happened three weeks prior (to
      the news reports--R.J.M.R.) while she was sitting in the
      lounge with her son; her husband in the backyard. She
      heard light footsteps pass her, and seeing no one,
      screamed. When her husband came running, he said he felt
      a coldness there."
      "Then followed door bangings, more footsteps and
      mysterious drops of water leading from the fridge
      (refrigerator) up into the passage, in the weeks that
      followed."
      "Their servant, Emily Mtetwa, said that she saw the
      figure of a white woman enter the room where Mrs.
      Havenga's son was sleeping, and lean over him."
      "Since an exorcism was too expensive at R75 (South
      African Rand) a throw, they were arranging for prayers to
      be said at a local church, in the hope that the perturbed
      spirit will be 'laid to rest.'"
      The flow--a very rare Fortean phenomenon, indeed--now
      has a movie, Dark Water, to call its own. (See The
      Complete Books of Charles Fort, Dover Publications Inc.,
      New York, N.Y., 1974, pages 559 and 570; The News (now
      Fortean Times) No. 7 for November 1974, page 4--also the
      Daily Mirror for January 15, 1974; The News No. 10 for
      June 1975, page 4--also the South Africa Daily Mail for
      November 7, 1974 and the South Africa Sunday Times for
      November 10, 1974; and Entertainment Weekly for April 29
      and May 6, 2005, "Dark Water," page 83.)

      Well, that's it for this week. Join us in seven days
      for more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the
      planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home-
      -UFO Roundup." See you next time.

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2005 by Masinaigan
      Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post news
      items from UFO Roundup on their Web sites or in news
      groups provided that they credit the newsletter and its
      editor by name and list the date of issue in which the
      item first appeared.

      or use the Sighting Report Form at:

      http://www.ufoinfo.com/submit/sightings.shtml

      UFOINFO: http://www.ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives for UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine
      plus archives of Humanoid Sighting Reports (Albert
      Rosales), Filer's Files, UFO News UK.